LG Chem 10S2P battery modules - 37V30Ah - 1100 wh [EU] [SOLD]

Monstarr

100 W
These LG Chem built modules contain very high quality NMC pouch power parallel 15 ah cells from LG Chem configured in 37V30Ah - 10S2P order for 1100 Wh's of capacity. The rigid steel OEM sideplates provides excellent compression and has connection for watercooling system. It has a plastic protective cover over the cell tabs and terminals and there is a direct balance lead connection and two connectors for the thermistors (blue wires) built in the pack.

Balance pin-out of the 14 pin connector (Molex Microfit 3.0 - MX-43025-1400) - cable is not included.
1 X X X X 10 9
2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Cell 1 connect to - gives single cell voltage
Cell 10 connect to - gives full pack voltage

The same cells are also used for example in Opel Ampera/Chevy Volt/Renault Zoe packs.
These modules are excellent for slim light-weight powerpacks in scooters, cargobikes etc.
Weighing around 10 KG.

The onboard electronics board is a cell voltage & temperature node and sends information by CAN bus to the pack's main hub.
It doesn't really have any value to DIY because you need to reverse engineer the whole protocol and CAN language. Besides, it will only tell you monitoring information. It can't shut down the power like a BMS can.

Dimensions:
130 mm wide
280 mm high
320 mm long (w/o coolant tubes 300 mm)

The modules currently have a storage voltage and are stored dry.
Modules are located in Breda, The Netherlands, Europe.
Shipping optional if possible. PM for more info.

Price:
1 module: € 175
2+ modules: € 150/pc
per 2 with original flexible high current interconnect for series connection.

If any questions, feel free to ask.

Warning:
**Use this modules only with appropriate BMS with balancing, monitoring and shutoff protection and protective encasing against shock and environment**
**Don't charge at low temperatures**

20/11/18: No more available

hello,
they seem pretty good for my ebike build,
how much current can they handle (per pack)
will you ship to the UK?
nominal and max voltage per pack?

abahanad said:
hello,
they seem pretty good for my ebike build,
how much current can they handle (per pack)
will you ship to the UK?
nominal and max voltage per pack?

Yeh, so most lithium chemistry's (NMC, NCA, LMO, LCO) range somewhat from 3 Volt empty to 4,2 Volt full. Some even higher, some a bit lower. LiFePO4 & LTO are another story, but that is not the case here.
Ideally, you want to charge to 4,0-4,1 Volt/cell most of the time to strongly increase cell longevity and don't discharge far below 3,5 Volt. There is very little energy left at that point anyway.
SOC_range.gif

More info on getting the most life of your cells as possible: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

So these cells offer 10 C according to LG Chem 15 Ah cell test reports. 10 C means 300 A @ 37 Volt which is pretty insane for a 10 KG package if you ask me.
That probably is the reason it has liquid cooling ;). Way way more current potential than any kind of LEV would need. So don't worry.

PHEV cells, which these are, are power cells. Which means their engineering emphasis lies on delivering high power instead of having a big wh per kg/energy ratio. This is because in PHEV the batterypack is relatively small compared to full electric vehicles but it still needs high power delivery capability to propel the mass of the car. These LG Chem cells are about 150 Wh/KG. In contrast modern Tesla Model S cells (NCA) are energy cells with 250 Wh / KG. This doesn't mean they are better, but they are different. Those Tesla cells don't offer very high C rating for example but rely on the packs cell masses for the super high ludicrous 1500 A current delivery.

I will send you a PM for the details on delivery.

mjar99 said:
Can they be reconfigured to 20s1p for ebike use?

They are hard configured to 10s2p.
So no, not without any DIY effort.

Havin' said that, please check the second last photo. There you can see the parallel connections between the cellpairs.
You can pry these connection off of eachother and end up with 20 bare cells with long easy workable cell tabs. If you'd search in the large and famous A123 pouch cell topics from yesteryears you find out that a lot of hobbyists and inspiring professionals already figured out great solutions for these type of pouch cell battery builds.

mjar99 said:
Can they be reconfigured to 20s1p for ebike use?

+1
Would also be interested in plug and play 20s solution

MSGed you.
ps. how old are those modules?

wojtek said:
MSGed you.
ps. how old are those modules?

prod date 8-2013
Vehicle itself was from 2015 (don't know exact month). It had around 50 k km on the clock.
I will reply to your message, thanks :)

Got some new modules :)
Several happy ES users bought these to full performance satisfaction.
Lowest price, € 0,14 per Wh !

Hi,

Can you confirm, Is 37V the nominal voaltage? From what you have said that makes the pack 42V when fully charged?

Do you have 8 modules available?

I know you said there is no air freight for these. Are you able to provide surface freight to Australia?

If so how much for 8 modules?

galderdi said:
Hi,

Can you confirm, Is 37V the nominal voaltage? From what you have said that makes the pack 42V when fully charged?

Do you have 8 modules available?

I know you said there is no air freight for these. Are you able to provide surface freight to Australia?

If so how much for 8 modules?

Hey,
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately no shipping possibility outside EU. I am sorry.
FYI, li-ion NMC cell -> fully charged around 4.2 Volt. But main discharge takes place around 3.7-3.8 Volt. That way the refer to the nominal voltage for calculating batterypack sizes. As this module is 10 series that means nominal voltage around 37 Volt. A 48 Volt li-ion batterypack for example is 13 S which is 13x3.7/3.8 = 48.1-49.4-ish Volt.

Got some new 10S modules in.

:arrow: Productiondate LG Chem: 2015.
:arrow: Car mileage: 60 k km. Volvo V60 PHEV. So in it's 2.5 years it mostly had highway usuage. Most likely low burdening on electric hybrid system. So cells should be good for 95% capacitity at least.
For my own application they perform excellent still after more than 2 years of nearly daily usuage.

Same conditions apply as before. Lowest Wh price for similar quality cells on ES.

Please send me a PM if interested. Ask here if you have questions.

Oh man, this would totally safe my VRone scooter battery rebuild which is currently estimated to cost around 3k€ for 20 SLPB100216216H Kokam cells.
I'd lose some energy density. From 40Ah to 30Ah, but that is just fine for that price. :D

I just hope I get lucky and Monstarr got some left.

TilmanBaumann said:
Oh man, this would totally safe my VRone scooter battery rebuild which is currently estimated to cost around 3k€ for 20 SLPB100216216H Kokam cells.
I'd lose some energy density. From 40Ah to 30Ah, but that is just fine for that price. :D

I just hope I get lucky and Monstarr got some left.

I am all out at the moment unfortunately.

I have two sets of 2 modules available. The project which i have used these in for a couple of months is now dismantled because I wasnt very pleased with the weight distribution of the modules in the scooter frame. I did not put them in the original position so it lead to bad road handling unfortunately.
I used 2 modules in series with another similar pack in parallel.

Plan is to rebuild the original 18650 (440 cell) battery for an increased energy density pack which i can mount better and lower. I dont need the power which these modules can produce & I dont have any use for these modules for the foreseeable future so they take up valuable space in my shed.

So I will sell these per two, 275 eur per pack. The 20s modules come assembled with the balancing wires included. +-1 meter leadcables with protection mantle.
Cells did not see a lot of cycles - possibly around 30-40 shallow cycles - 90 -> 50% in my useage. Saw something around 15-20 k km in the Volvo V60 they came out off.

Man, sucks these are not available in the US. I’ve been trying to figure out an easy 20s pack from used ev modules. These are perfect and a great deal!

Gigawatts said:
Man, sucks these are not available in the US. I’ve been trying to figure out an easy 20s pack from used ev modules. These are perfect and a great deal!

Sorry to hear.
Follow Jehu Garcia (jehugarcia) on Youtube. He is from the USA and posts leads to good batteries regularly.

Back