E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

I thought at first there's no way that's my kid, but then I noticed one thing that sealed the deal.

fold_and_stealth_B.jpg

Sure would be nice if Stealth came out with a nice hydro formed frame like new Sondors Fold has.

In comparison, our Stealth frames are starting to look like they came from Bizarro World

Theodore Voltaire said:
Sure would be nice if Stealth came out with a nice hydro formed frame like new Sondors Fold has.

In comparison, our Stealth frames are starting to look like they came from Bizarro World

In general I would say i like the boxy design of cars from the 80`s much better than many of the newer ones. And the same goes with these Stealth bikes. I like the boxy design of them. Although I do like the looks of the Bomber better than the Fighter.

With cars as with every thing there are exceptions the 70*s Lancia Stratos (70 - 77) Is in my opinion the most beautiful car ever made. The civilian version (not the rally version with the ugly Light sponsons) And that doesn't have a flat surface on it at all.

Allex said:
Yeah neat terrain ABV!

I just started a battery build for Stritzky.

Will be a 20s14p config with Sanyo GA, 10 Amp cells.
72V47Ah
weight 14kg

Good for 140A peak and about 90A nominal.
Here is first half of the pack.

Wow that is a big battery, should easily double the range of a Bomber :D

Traditionally the only knock on monocoque frames has been the looks. They either look like a box, like the Stealth frame, or worse, like a cheap stamping.

I totally believe a monocoque frame is the best design for an eBike, but lets move into the current century. Hydro forming allows for more pleasing shapes, but retains all the advantages of a traditional monocoque. I think this is the future. Right now Stealth is safe, because they're in a market of one, but all the other manufacturers of common eBikes have just been served. The clock is now ticking.

KEEEP THEM PICS COMMING!!!!

By the way those batteries look friggin awesome!

36680725041_0d5c1592b7_z.jpg

36011324953_5aea7c5692_z.jpg

35985980904_7bb9868571_z.jpg

Hey RIX on another note what was the off-road MC knobby tire you liked for the rear? Lightweight etc...Thanks!

Theodore Voltaire said:
I totally believe a monocoque frame is the best design for an eBike

I actually like the Neematic / Bultaco system with a detachable battery pack.
It gives you more flexibility. Can be detached to make the bike lighter on a rack. Allows you to take it to your home for charging convenience (apartments) and safety (theft)...

1abv said:

Hey RIX on another note what was the off-road MC knobby tire you liked for the rear? Lightweight etc...Thanks!

I ran the 70/100x19 Bridgestone M403 for a bit. Hooks up well, more rolling resistance than the SR241 or any trials type tire though.

Rix said:
1abv said:

I ran the 70/100x19 Bridgestone M403 for a bit. Hooks up well, more rolling resistance than the SR241 or any trials type tire though.

My vee rubber vrm 021 is about donski. I have had situations where a more aggressive tire would be helpful hence looking at a more knobbie tire.. is the shinko softer compound than the vee?

Thanks!

Just got the Grin Cycle Satiator setup for 84v 5 amps charging. If the Bomber 3 hole charging port makes a downward facing triangle you must reverse the polarity of the top two wires, if you plan to use the connector that comes standard with the Grin charger. I will say that the Cycle Satiator doesn't have a cooling fan so it regularly runs into the low 60 degrees celsius range. A little hot to the touch but it seems to be fine.

Cowardlyduck said:
Stealth should make a fat bike. Riding a Fighter/Bomber in the snow is quite challenging.

Make sure you watch till the end for the crashes. :)

Enjoy!

Cheers

Once you fat, you never go back. :eek:

Rix said:
Like the pics, that fire is huge.
Yes nice pics.

Forest fires and earthquakes is one thing that I don't miss from living in Northern California. I had the fire 1/2 mile or 800 meters from the house that i lived in. Thankfully the fire was on the other side of a hill. But the flames shot over the top of the hill towards the small village I was living in and sallowed the trees on the top of the hill. The flames were 4 - 5 times higher than the tallest trees. By the time when we were told by the fire department to grab some things and leave. And the road was so hot that the tarmac had melted. Not Nice. But the house survived unharmed except for some paint blisters on the northern wall.

OK as everyone is probably aware of, the first batch of P7s are built and starting to ship. Here is a pic, can anyone guess which one is mine. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• P7.jpeg
    P7.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 4,135
Rix said:
OK as everyone is probably aware of, the first batch of P7s are built and starting to ship. Here is a pic, can anyone guess which one is mine. :mrgreen:

P7.jpeg
haha - easy! I reckon that will be the nicest looking bike in your whole collection, Rix... just a hint of the army green

A leopard doesn't change it's spots. A soldier doesn't change his colours :D
Nice wheels Rix and others. I kinda wish I'd ordered one now!

Rix said:

Looks like Flux Beta :wink:

Back