E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

I thought you may have changed your color
I thought about it, but that just wouldn't be the Rix's way.

A leopard doesn't change it's spots. A soldier doesn't change his colours :D
Nice wheels Rix and others. I kinda wish I'd ordered one now!
The kick start entry price for these machines were at a point that when I did the math to order and build up a Beta, pay Allex or you for a battery, and purchase the components, it wasn't much of a savings, plus my time into the build, it was a no brainer to get in on this action. And the neat thing is, because the P7 frame is almost identical to the Beta, upgrading components or modding for a more powerful ebike is totally easy and doable. Along with my P7, I also have another Alpha frame on the way. I am probably going to be doing something with big power on that over the next year or so.

Looks like Flux Beta
Very very similiar, but not identical. The Beta has bolt on side covers, P7 doesn't. The P7 has a tapered head tube, the Beta does not.......yet. The cool thing is, I also have a Beta. Built up similar to the P7. My Beta has Marzocchi forks from back in the day when they were made in Italy, a 24MTB rear on a MAC 10, and a 26TMB wheel up front. The P7 his shod with 27.5 front and rear. The one obvious difference between my Beta and P7 is, the P7 just looks way cooler, and Stealth builds them very clean. My Beta is powered by LIpos, looks like a spaghetti bowl under the covers, and I got the controller mounted with zip ties in the seat triangle. Its a very functional and sano build, but no where near as clean as the P7.

Decided to do a little night riding.

36362732404_365822d317_z.jpg

Uhh somehow I remember that trail being a bit wider and not nearly as loose in the day time......WFT was I thinking????.......

37020356120_24cb5429e5_z.jpg

36566402804_92ec738112_z.jpg

GET EM ADDICTED TO ELECTRIC EARLY!!!!!

I went through the main gate, the track is at a ohv park, he goes to check the "tailpipe" for a sparky... comes back to my window with a very confused look....

I went through the main gate, the track is at a ohv park, he goes to check the "tailpipe" for a sparky... comes back to my window with a very confused look....
Too funny. Nice pics of the little one in action.

Got the P7 in on Wednesday night, and as usual Stealth did not disappoint. Added a dropper seat post to it, and utilizing Stealth's supplied Dongles, I am running in competition mode with peak power bursts of up to 1100w :twisted: Good for about 28MPH, or 31.5mph with some pedal assisting. I really like this bike. It rolls over everything and handles way better than the Fighter and Bomber. I attribute this to the machine being lighter and the small hub motor. The fork is awesome! Its buttery smooth and has both a low speed circuit and a high speed circuit on compression, and standard rebound. Sag is set with PSI. Rear suspension is really good too. Air shock. Overall this bike is sweet. It feels better than my Beta does. Anyway I plan on putting some miles on it over the next couple of weeks. Going to be great.

Attachments

• p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 3,849
  • p7b.jpg
    p7b.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 3,849
E-bike from Poland like Stealth but more power more Ah more speed ;)

QS Motor 273 v3 40H 4000W 12kV 18kW peak or QS205 3000W or MXUS 5k 5000W
sabvoton 80-200A
22s16p 81V49.5Ah sony vtc6 3120mah 15A (4kWh energy)
300A BMS with LCD and bluetooth
19" motorcycle rims
19x2.75 tire
TEKTRO HD-E725 4pistons brakes or Magura MT5e 4pistons
203mm rotors
led light front and rear
stop led light
DNM USD-8 or anather
DNM RCP2 or 3
downhill fender

Regards ebikers ;)

Rix said:
Got the P7 in on Wednesday night....

After you ride some miles can you give your evaluation of the derailleur? What brand of derailleur? How may speeds? Is the up-down shifting via a twist grip or trigger shifter? How smooth is the shifting and does it jump any speeds going up or down.

Be interested to see how it compares to the derailleur I installed on my Fighter using the hanger Stealth provided with the bike (welded to the swingarm).

arek_arecki said:
E-bike from Poland like Stealth but more power more Ah more speed.

Interesting. How much does the one shown in your pictures weight?

I'm also curious on the F and R ground weight to see what the % distribution is?

For reference:

• 1.My now sold Bomber: F=46 lbs R=88 lbs Wtot=134 lbs
    2.My Fighter: F=35 lbs R=56 lbs Wtot=91 lbs

Mmm seems promising,i think this is the perfect option for a commuter.
So rix whats the cost ?

Whats with the fake stealth invasion :roll:

The Stealth P7 is fast becoming my favorite ebike. Yah, it won't win any drag races, but its just so damn fun and comfortable to ride. I did two rides today, First ride was 57 miles and the second ride was 20.3 miles. Total of 4 hours of riding with a 2.5 hour break in between, this bike is awesome.

@ Jim Kirk, the shifting components and cog freewheel are made by a company called "micro shift". I rate the components as good and precise. That may not sound grandioso or like a very good review, but I am a component snob. I am running SRAM XX1 on my Devinci Troy, this is the kind of components that come on 7-8K mountain bikes. It works and works well. I base the functionality of the Microshift components from my experience with SRAM XX1. The only complaint I have with the Microshift is the derailleur doesn't have a lash clutch in it so there is some chain slap on the swingarm. Other than that, it works very very well. Stealth really nailed it with the P7. I see it becoming as popular as the Fighter......maybe more popular.

@Jimboy. I paid $5k for the P7. But that was the kickstarter price. I am not sure what it is now.

@Arek_Arecki, That new Cyklone Ebike looks the business. Like a cross between the Fighter, and FUTR Alpha. It has been said that mimicking is the best form of flattery. This bike proves the point. If Stealth wanted to make a 17kw Bomber, they could do it tomorrow and have it on the market in 4 months. Then someone else would come along with an 18.5kw ebike and claim it has more power than Stealth and is for sale. If I am going to be impressed with an Ebike company, they need to do two things. First, stand behind their high powered product like Stealth does. Others have said they do, but then when the real world happens, they don't support their product as well as Stealth does. I am not going to name call the other companies, but if you search ES, you will find some examples. Second, be as reliable as Stealth. Stealth sets the standard with reliable performing ebikes. I have yet to see any other ebike manufacture do this on the scale that Stealth has. And please, don't think I am bad mouthing the Cyklone, I am not. Like I said above, it looks to be the business. But time will tell how successful it is.

scrambler said:
So by the way Rix, What kind of pedal assist (if any) is there on the P7?
My P7 is equipped with a pedlec sensor however, when I Stealth was building the bikes via kickstarter, they solicited information from the customers about what kind of set up they wanted. I chose throttle only. I have no idea if the next batch of P7s will have this option.

scrambler said:
Thanks,
Do you know if the pedal assist will be based on a simple cadence sensor or a torque/ speed combination?
Allow me to correct my previous statement. The P7 does have the option to be a pedlec only bike as well. Stealth includes 3 dongles with the P7. The red dongle is an off road only option and allow the use of the throttle only. The white dongle will give you US legal pedlec option and the blue dongle will provide "California" legal pedlec option. The blue and white dongles don't allow the use of the throttle. All P7 owners can pull the battery and switch between these options at their choosing. Looks like the pedlec option uses a cadence sensor attached to the BB. If you want, I can snap a picture later and post.

Thanks for the clarification Rix, appreciate it.

If it is Cadence sensor only it is a pity. I also don't understand why they would deactivate the throttle for the California Pedelec, Class3 is perfectly legal with both pedal assist and throttle, you just need to limit the max speed of the throttle.

I guess the pedal assist on this bike is more and after thought than a main design intention.

Cheers

scrambler said:
Thanks for the clarification Rix, appreciate it.

If it is Cadence sensor only it is a pity. I also don't understand why they would deactivate the throttle for the California Pedelec, Class3 is perfectly legal with both pedal assist and throttle, you just need to limit the max speed of the throttle.

I guess the pedal assist on this bike is more and after thought than a main design intention.

Cheers

Well, you could run the red dongle and turn the watts down to 750 and limit speed to 20MPh and be in total compliance. Also on the DC1, there is the ability to toggle between Competition mode and economy mode which feels like its less than 750watts and it cuts out at 17-18MPH. Point is, the end users has several ways to achieve total street legal compliance. I personally like having a throttle to twist.

Dam!
Just bought 200+ Sanyo 18650GA to build a monster pack for my Fighter!
This pack is gonna be 2.5Kwh, with probably about 2.4Kwh real world usable. I am gonna take my time making it though, so it's not likely to be ready till early next year at this stage.
Allex was gonna make this pack for me last year, but that fell through when shipping these things to Australia became next to impossible. However he was kind enough to show how the layout will work to make 14S14P fit for the best possible energy density. It is going to be about 120mm wide, 110mm tall, and roughly 340mm long.
Stealth_Fighter.jpg

Cheers

Hey guys

Just went for a ride after a 3 week layoff and the B-52 wouldn't go beyond 65 ks flat out (usually 80ish) Bikes only 18 months old with less than average use. Could a 3 week break cause this or is it just a coincidence. Other than top speed performance is normal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

whitebomber said:
Hey guys

Just went for a ride after a 3 week layoff and the B-52 wouldn't go beyond 65 ks flat out (usually 80ish) Bikes only 18 months old with less than average use. Could a 3 week break cause this or is it just a coincidence. Other than top speed performance is normal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Was it cold out? under load, how much was your volt sag compared to normal? Sometimes when batteries set for a little they can taper off on performance, however, it usually comes back after a charge cycle or two. My Bomber would lose about 8MPH between summer and winter, I noticed this with my Alpha and the 18650 pack I ran in it as well.

Cowardlyduck said:
Dam!
Just bought 200+ Sanyo 18650GA to build a monster pack for my Fighter!
This pack is gonna be 2.5Kwh, with probably about 2.4Kwh real world usable. I am gonna take my time making it though, so it's not likely to be ready till early next year at this stage.
Allex was gonna make this pack for me last year, but that fell through when shipping these things to Australia became next to impossible. However he was kind enough to show how the layout will work to make 14S14P fit for the best possible energy density. It is going to be about 120mm wide, 110mm tall, and roughly 340mm long.
th_Fighter.jpg[/img]

Cheers

That will be a long range pack for sure. Do you have a battery spot welder? How are you wiring it up? Are you going to run a BMS?

Back