new cyclone 3000 w mid-drive kit?

gman1971 said:
ebike11 said:
gman1971 said:
As per my previous post, I have used the Sunrace 11-42 10 speed with very good results for road commuting and light offroad duty (fine gravel bike trails).

G.

Ok ill check it out thanks
If I went 52T chainring to 42 cassette cog...would the speed increase or decrease? Im at 18T rear cog at the moment

What is your top speed?

G.

On 60A 72V im hitting 60kph with 100% full battery power
Dont get me wrong..im not complaining..its awesome!
But as you know..its never fast enough haha..im trying to squeeze more out of it. So when the 52T comes in the mail Ill test again. Just wondering what would be the best rear cassette cog to match with the 52T because i wont bother shifting. From a standstill to max. speed it only takes a few seconds

Thats roughly 40 mph, thats pretty decent for 4 kW on something big like that. To gear for 40mph on 3rd gear (32T) you should probably use an 18T on the motor to a 48T on crank and then a 52T to rear cassette.

G.

ebike11 said:
gman1971 said:
ebike11 said:
gman1971 said:
As per my previous post, I have used the Sunrace 11-42 10 speed with very good results for road commuting and light offroad duty (fine gravel bike trails).

G.

Ok ill check it out thanks
If I went 52T chainring to 42 cassette cog...would the speed increase or decrease? Im at 18T rear cog at the moment

What is your top speed?

G.

Dont get me wrong..im not complaining..its awesome!
But as you know..its never fast enough haha..im trying to squeeze more out of it. So when the 52T comes in the mail Ill test again. Just wondering what would be the best rear cassette cog to match with the 52T because i wont bother shifting. From a standstill to max. speed it only takes a few seconds

markz said:
loose rear wheel axle was my problemo amigos
explainos the movemento

LOL... hahaha, well, glad to hear its working now! :)

G.

Yeah gman..its running good so far...dont think its the 100kph that cyclone advertises haha
So youre saying 18 motor to 48 crank then 52 crank to 32 on the rear cassette?

It was quite the hassle today, one thing led to another with my bike.
I have fitted a 700C rear where my 26" should fit, with a hairs clearance.
The skewer on the 26" is bent. Hopefully nothings too frocked on the hub, bearing races, bearing balls, axle bits.
I ride 700C rear tomorrow, to get around to buy a RD and fix jenky chain --> It has a new 1spd 116 link chain, with ~8 links of 7/8/9 speed chain links for jenky style worthiness. Hey it works, temporary solution to get things right tomorrow. Luckily the hanger did not get frocked up, but my thigh got a scrape when RD broke and made love to spokes and my thigh said hi to the bolts sticking out of U-lock holder on top rail.

ebike11 said:
Yeah gman..its running good so far...dont think its the 100kph that cyclone advertises haha

Yes, and if you can get a 11-36T cassette would be even better; but sure, if you can't find one then a 52T into a 32T cassette will be far better than a 44 into an 18T. If you use a 52 make sure you have a 24T or a 32T third chainring.

G.

markz said:
It was quite the hassle today, one thing led to another with my bike.
I have fitted a 700C rear where my 26" should fit, with a hairs clearance.
The skewer on the 26" is bent. Hopefully nothings too frocked on the hub, bearing races, bearing balls, axle bits.
I ride 700C rear tomorrow, to get around to buy a RD and fix jenky chain --> It has a new 1spd 116 link chain, with ~8 links of 7/8/9 speed chain links for jenky style worthiness. Hey it works, temporary solution to get things right tomorrow. Luckily the hanger did not get frocked up, but my thigh got a scrape when RD broke and made love to spokes and my thigh said hi to the bolts sticking out of U-lock holder on top rail.

Sounds like my first ever eBike install... err... attempt to install

G.

gman1971 said:
ebike11 said:

Yes, and if you can get a 11-36T cassette would be even better; but sure, if you can't find one then a 52T into a 32T cassette will be far better than a 44 into an 18T. If you use a 52 make sure you have a 24T or a 32T third chainring.

G.

Ok thanks...but why do i need to make sure i have a 24 or 32T?

ebike11 said:
I get about 70km/h with ~65V (16S) and 50A (with 12FET Powervelocity controller). Common hardtail MTB with 26"x2" offroad tires that came with bike.

minimum said:
ebike11 said:
I get about 70km/h with ~65V (16S) and 50A (with 12FET Powervelocity controller). Common hardtail MTB with 26"x2" offroad tires that came with bike.

TBH, your numbers are pretty normal too; and without the full picture (riding conditions, tire pressure..., slight uphill) its impossible to know why his top speed isn't higher; as I remember he might've mentioned his chain was skipping above certain cog... so that would limit top speed..

G.

Controller works fine at 36V, but do I have to get into the controller to do 60V or does it automatically detect it up to 72V?

Second look at the axle, it is broken.

markz said:
Controller works fine at 36V, but do I have to get into the controller to do 60V or does it automatically detect it up to 72V?

Second look at the axle, it is broken.

Some ppl have run up to 20S, so it should be good to go without any changes.

sorry about the axle.

G.

minimum said:
ebike11 said:

Hi..what gearing are you running?
Motor to chainring? And chainrung to rear cassette?

minimum said:
ebike11 said:
Motor stock 14T, driven chainring 48T. 40T to rear 7-speed

Very strange..mine is 14 to 48 and 44 to 7 speed cassette but i use 18t on cassette.

I cant reach 70kph. I also have 60A and 72V
Is your bike 26 inch?

I opened the cyclone controller and the caps are 80V
Do you think 20 cell pack at 84V would work? Or would the controller go bye bye?

minimum said:
ebike11 said:
Motor stock 14T, driven chainring 48T. 40T to rear 7-speed

What cog are you on when at top speed? My eBike on 3kW hits its 70kph on the 15T cog (8th gear, 10 speed cassette), anything smaller it doesn't go any faster, unless I am on a downhill.

G.

ebike11 said:
I opened the cyclone controller and the caps are 80V
Do you think 20 cell pack at 84V would work? Or would the controller go bye bye?

Some ppl have done it, so I think its safe to say it will work...

G.

@minimum

This is a detail that perhaps some ppl overlook, but its worth noting that (as you stated) you're not using the stock Cyclone controller; instead you're using a fairly good FOC controller, which is way better than the OEM Cyclone square taper controller. FOC Controllers not only are more efficient, they also produce more torque throughout the entire RPM range and on top of that have more RPMs too, thus produce more power; therefore, the area under the curve of your powerband is probably greater than the standard OEM Cyclone controller, even running higher voltage and more amps.

G.

gman1971 said:
@minimum

This is a detail that perhaps some ppl overlook, but its worth noting that (as you stated) you're not using the stock Cyclone controller; instead you're using a fairly good FOC controller, which is way better than the OEM Cyclone square taper controller. FOC Controllers not only are more efficient, they also produce more torque throughout the entire RPM range and on top of that have more RPMs too, thus produce more power; therefore, the area under the curve of your powerband is probably greater than the standard OEM Cyclone controller, even running higher voltage and more amps.

G.

Oh i see. Maybe its time to do a controller upgrade haha

Has anyone tried using a hobby brushless speed control like this one?

tst-sbec70a.jpg

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trust-70a-sbec-brushless-speed-controller.html?___store=en_us

CobraJet said:
Has anyone tried using a hobby brushless speed control like this one?

tst-sbec70a.jpg

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trust-70a-sbec-brushless-speed-controller.html?___store=en_us

Nope, but some are great with other popular motors; the problem is that you'll need a very high voltage; The Castle Creations are popular ones I've seen... I think most of them are up to 12S, but I don't know as of lately.

G.

gman1971 said:
What cog are you on when at top speed? My eBike on 3kW hits its 70kph on the 15T cog (8th gear, 10 speed cassette), anything smaller it doesn't go any faster, unless I am on a downhill.
Last/smallest one. If I counted right it's 14T.

You're likely right about the controller and it's effects on performance. With field weakening enabled it will go even more.

ebike11 said:
Is your bike 26 inch?
Yes.

minimum said:
gman1971 said:
Last/smallest one. If I counted right it's 14T.

You're likely right about the controller and it's effects on performance. With field weakening enabled it will go even more.

ebike11 said:
Is your bike 26 inch?
Yes.

How hard was to set the halls for the controller? I am thinking about the 8kW one for my trike.

G.

Back