Interbike 2017, Las Vegas, Sept 18-22 (Mon-Fri)

^^ Yah! Finally, SOMEbuddy that'll show off Watts-Watt! :) :wink:

Cycling-Tips-Partner-Logo.jpg

(They say:)
Founded in 2008, CyclingTips is an Australian-based website that seeks to share the beauty of ebikes and cycling and to inspire cyclists of all levels to become better and more knowledgeable riders.

Interbike 2017 live tech coverage, day one:
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/interbike-2017-live-tech-coverage-day-one/

Pics captions include:
Vintage Electric makes some of the most striking e-bikes on the market.

(Re the Vintage bikes:)The slick custom battery case is highlighted as a styling element instead of being hidden away.

(Re the Vintage bike headlamp:)Beautiful.

:mrgreen:

... and:Yamaha already makes e-bike motors and batteries, but now the company is getting into complete bicycles.

8)

Interbike 2017 - Shimano Pedals and Shoes

(NOTHING to do with electrics. May interest some that like to "walk funny". Like, the "disabled" usually get the best seating.)

[youtube]GBZuqZUj3CY[/youtube]

Red-Kite-Prayer-Logo1.gif

Interbike 2017: Where’s the Beef?!:
http://redkiteprayer.com/2017/09/interbike-2017-wheres-the-beef/

Starts:
Easily the big news regarding the day one of the 2017 Interbike is that the Outdoor Demo venue in Bootleg Canyon was half the size it was in previous years. And that’s being generous. Companies that traditionally brought dozens of bikes and have been stalwarts of the event didn’t just downsize their display, they didn’t even show up. There was no Giant, no Fuji (no ASI, Fuji’s parent, so none of the related brands). The smaller companies I expect to see, like Litespeed, were absent as well. And while Shimano is still present, they cut their footprint. So far as I could tell, SRAM had a single 10X10, meaning their presence literally couldn’t be smaller and still be present. Literally.

Includes:
It’s as if a memo went out suggesting everyone stay home.

... and:
With the drop in exhibitors, I didn’t see many new bikes that I felt desperate to go ride. As a result, instead of trying to give a survey of a bunch of new stuff, this time I just want to show off a handful of bikes that caught my eye.

... then proceeds to mention a few classic/vintage/retro/etc pedal-only poop-mobile-style bikes.

Hehe... One "big" story coming out of Interbike 2017 is how many reporters were too BLIND to the OBVIOUS. :lol:

e2cd14e2013e7eaf283af2bb519c3122.jpg

EIN_News_large.png

Seasoned industry professionals who had the vision that the future of news delivery will be a centralized hub where news from thousands of sources can be filtered into personalized news streams. We consider EIN News to be the most advanced central source for those whose time is valuable.

EIN News is designed to assist those seeking breaking news and those who have breaking news to share. Thoughtfully developed tools that help you find news content and manage it. Online content uploads that let you feed directly into the stream of daily breaking news. Members of EIN News are global and diverse, all sharing similar goals.

Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, Introduces First Power Assist E-Bike Models:
https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/405...a-introduces-first-power-assist-e-bike-models

Includes:
Yamaha's initial prototype models being shown at Interbike and featured now on www.yamahabicycles.com include:
UrbanRush, balance of power, stiffness, and speed in a sleek road bike chassis.
YDX-TORC, agile XC mountain bike with aggressive performance and fastest response.
CrossCore, fitness hybrid design for efficiency and ergonomic comfort.
CrossConnect, everyday recreation-utility for those that want to take their gear with them.

... and:
Yamaha Power Assist bicycles provide a natural assist feel powered by drive units that have undergone constant evolution through decades of engineering and innovation based on customer feedback. Yamaha's Triple Sensor System found in PWseries and PW-X system incorporates frictionless sensors that measure the rider's pedal-torque, bicycle speed and crank arm cadence in real-time with tremendous precision. This design results in a drive unit that provides one of the most refined and natural rides available. Interbike has awarded the PW-X motor with a "2017 Interbike Electric Product Innovation Award," which will be on display for the duration of the tradeshow among winners in other categories.

8)

16225631256_538b391607_o.jpg

MtnBikeRiders.com is a site that provides news, articles, how to’s, product reviews and anything else related to ebikes and mountain biking. The site was founded by two avid mountain bikers, out of Southern California. MtnBikeRiders.com has been in business since late 2006 but its official grand opening was in the Winter of 2007.

INTERBIKE: MEDIA PREVIEW DINNER:
http://www.mtnbikeriders.com/2017/09/20/interbike-media-preview-dinner/

Starts:
Last night Interbike had the Media Product Preview Dinner. This is where you get invited to see some new stuff and vote on the thing you like the most.
New innovative things from electric bike products, protective gear, security locks, just about anything.

Dinner was great, beer with a good meal, in all this was nice. It’s funny we never bothered to go to this in the past.

Here is a look at what we saw.

Includes:
HERE IS A DIFFERENT TAKE ON E-BIKES.
WHY BUY A WHOLE BIKE WHEN ALL YOU NEED IS A WHEEL TO DRIVE YOUR BIKE. HHMMM, DO THEY MAKE A MOUNTAIN BIKE SETUP?
IMG_3329-1024x683.jpg

(GeoOrbital on ES?:)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64861 :wink:

I'm at the show, I will try to find it and share pics or video.

I searched until they closed and didn't find it, the ebike section of the show is massive. I did make a bunch of video.

That Pardus bike I couldn't find in the ebike area because it's not an ebike. Lol.

I've got 10s of Gb of video of the show in HD on my phone already, just need to do some editing and find wifi to upload it, as I'm already +10Gb over my normal mobile data use this month, so it would cost $100s to upload it right now. Lol

ScooterMan101 said:
Did you bring a computer ?

Download to the computer , then use wi-fi at the Hotel to upload the video's to Endless-Sphere ?

All set to unlisted.

[youtube]otw5hrwkAH8[/youtube]

[youtube]525VFCJyUTY[/youtube]

[youtube]Oz5tm_FUCVs[/youtube]

[youtube]HIEIUX4yTiM[/youtube]

ScooterMan101 said:
Did you bring a computer ?

Download to the computer , then use wi-fi at the Hotel to upload the video's to Endless-Sphere ?

All set to unlisted.

[youtube]otw5hrwkAH8[/youtube]

[youtube]525VFCJyUTY[/youtube]

[youtube]Oz5tm_FUCVs[/youtube]

[youtube]HIEIUX4yTiM[/youtube]

Thanks for posting the video, Luke. Wish I could have gone.

What an amazing increase in the number of ebikes compared to just a few years ago. There was some pretty cool looking stuff there. And some pretty crazy stoopid looking stuff.

Hehe... THANKS LFP. So. Such a thing as "too much" in a "candy store"? :lol: Nice to see ASI still "in the ebike game". (ESB "Search found 1174 matches: +asi") :wink:

I have maybe an hour more video to edit together into something watchable and post, but it might not happen until I leave Vegas because my wife and I have been playing from morning till late daily here.

Thanks for the video Luke - enjoy your trip!

I just finished uploading part 1 of the 300+ photos I've taken that past 4 days at the show over at ESFB. I got video footage too that will be uploaded on you tube. :D

¿Hablar portugués? Interbike 2017 Dia III (How to visit the show and not see any electrics... up until the last minute of this vid. Trying out a fold up/down portable thingee w/no pedals [sigh]...)

[youtube]8Q1TI6cTYHg[/youtube]

LockH said:
Bafang musta actually paid for Giggle search engine finds for "Interbike 2017". W/this link:
BAFANG INFORMATION FOR THE INTERBIKE 2017:
http://www.bafang-e.com/en/news/det...Axl0c6fANQWZ65kCRS5LyxRdFuC_QiF4aAlDLEALw_wcB

Starts:
INTERBIKE 2017
Booth No.: 20177
Demo Area No.: C14
Date: SEPT.20--22,2017
Address:Mandalay Bay Convention Center,Las Vegas,Nevada,USA

8)

Before this show I had only seen bbso2 and bbshd Bafang products, and didn't even know they made hubmotors. After browsing through all the hundreds of ebikes at Interbike, I would say maybe 2/3rds to 3/4 of all the ebike there were powered by something Bafang makes.

Yeah, they're posted about a fair bit on ES, too, with the Bafang BPM (equivalent to MAC) series being perhaps the most common hubmotor I recall reading about here. They're also the brand that's been on every bike except one that I've worked on for Cvin (local-ish member), mostly fatbikes.

Some of the threads by title search only, if you're interested
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=BPM&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

that backpedal regen is fn brilliant.
its so bloody obvious that as usual it eluded all the ES geniuses, slapping my forehead.
just as a hubmotor makes use of dead space this salvages an otherwise dead function.
miles & jl-e once were eyeing that freebie function for retro reverse gear shift but old school retro braking is a more natural fit.
it shouldn't be that difficult to hack a couple of opamps into existing controllers to get a crude analog version going.
or are they just making it look too easy?

if this works as well as i think it could with the right s/w, this needs to come as standard on every frock bike.
that would shut up the colina hole.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
it shouldn't be that difficult to hack a couple of opamps into existing controllers to get a crude analog version going.
or are they just making it look too easy?

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard. You'd need a pedal speed sensor that also senses direction, an Arduino, and not much more. Of course I would do it all analog.

Back