Bollinger SUT

dingoEsride

100 kW
Bollinger_TopCarousel.jpg

This would suit me well but it's price will decide that..

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bollinger-motors-reveals-b1---worlds-first-all-electric-sport-utility-truck-300495264.html

http://bollingermotors.com/

BOLLINGER B1 SPECIFICATIONS

Item

Specification

Passengers

Seat Material and Color

Black Leather

Drive

AWD

0-60 (sec)

Top Speed (mph)

Horsepower

Torque (lb-ft)

Total Vehicle Weight (lbs)

Chassis Weight (lbs)

Power / Weight Ratio

Energy Storage (kWh)

60 or 100

Range (mi)

120 or 200

Motor

Dual Front/ Rear

MPGe (est)

Wheelbase (in)

Length (in)

Width (in)

Height (in)

Rear Track

Ground Clearance (in)

Adjustable between 10 - 20

Approach/ Breakover / Departure

56/33/53

Payload Capacity (lbs)

Total Cargo Capacity w rear

seats removed including the

frunk and passthrough area (cu ft)

Storage Capacity Frunk (cu ft)

Towing Capacity (lbs)

How many sticks of 2x4s can fit

through the passthrough

Length from front to rear liftgates

with liftgates closed (ft)

Length from front to rear liftgates

with liftgates open (ft)

15' 4"

Number of 1/2" sheets of 4x8 drywall

stacked bottom to top on the rear

cargo area

Wheel Size Front/Rear

LT285/70/R17

Wheel Color

Black Satin

GVWR (lbs)

Charging Ports

J1772 (110 & 220) & CHAdeMO (DC Fast)

Brakes

11.75 inch vented; regenerative; 4-wheel anti-lock inboard discs

Width/ height of the pass-thru (in)

13" wide x 14" high

Charge Time 60 kWh

(From fully depleted)

Level 2 (220v): 7.3 hours

DC Fast: 45 min

Charge Time 100kWh

(From fully depleted)

Level 2 (220v): 12.1 hours

DC Fast: 75 min

Weight Balance

50/50

Skid Plate Thickness

1/4 inch ribbed aluminum

Exterior Color

Gunhouse Grey with Black Accents

About Bollinger Motors

Started in 2014, Bollinger Motors is a US-based company headquartered in New York State. We're revolutionizing truck and SUV design by creating the B1 - the world's first all-electric, on-and-off-road sport utility truck (SUT). This medium-duty SUT is truly innovative -- engineered from the ground up with an all-electric powertrain, unique storage options, all-aluminum chassis, adjustable suspension, and convertible cab panels. It's second to none off-road, and the perfect work truck for ranchers, builders, do-it-yourselfers, or anyone looking for an electric vehicle with unparalleled traction, torque, and ground clearance. This project is a showcase for American ingenuity and a model for clean energy enterprise and innovation based here in the United States.

Reserve your truck at http://www.bollingermotors.com/reserve and follow our journey at bollingermotors.com/blog, and on social media at facebook.com/bollingermotors, @bollingermotors, LinkedIn/in/BollingerMotors, instagram.com/bollingermotors, http://bit.ly/2gGV6VQ and linkedin.com/company/bollingermotors.

SOURCE Bollinger Motors
Related Links

http://www.bollingermotors.com

Saw that earlier today. Love the overall approach of using high tech where it matters in the drive system, and low tech when it comes to the 'car as living room' aspect of automotive design. I'm not so keen on the total lack of aerodynamic consideration -seems a bit of a miss. Forgivable if the point is to reduce manufacturing cost and come in at a reasonable price - but methinks this is aimed at being a rich boy's toy rather than a true green replacement for a work truck.

Hopefully soon enough someone will come up with the latter approach and start building that. I'm guessing that will come from the developing world, rather than good ol' american ingenuity. That said - if it takes a rich American building a toy to show it can be done. then a middle class Indian to do it cheaper and simpler, that's fine too - as long as we get there before we extinguish ourselves.

Wankery

mrzed said:
Saw that earlier today. Love the overall approach of using high tech where it matters in the drive system, and low tech when it comes to the 'car as living room' aspect of automotive design. I'm not so keen on the total lack of aerodynamic consideration -seems a bit of a miss. Forgivable if the point is to reduce manufacturing cost and come in at a reasonable price

Yeah, it reminds me somewhat of the Landrover, simple with interchangeable parts, being a tradie (carpenter) such a vehicle is as much of a tool as what I need to carry plus materials, this car is a great electric entry for farmers and tradespeople where sealed road access is not available

Chalo said:

get over it

Fabulous vehicle idea. It seems that Bollinger Motors is brand new, this is their first product. I dug this up about them:

History: Bollinger Motors started in Hobart, NY in 2014 in a renovated car repair shop. In October, 2015 we set our sights on creating an electric truck. We are currently building our first prototype and will unveil it in 2017.

Though I don't see how they could design, test and bring all these new components to market in just 2 years? It takes me about two years just to find my pencil.

As for the people here who hate everything that isn't a bicycle, I hope when their loved one needs to go to the hospital, they are standing there equally demanding that an ambulance not be used and the medics should carry the loved one on a bicycle.

Izits said:
As for the people here who hate everything that isn't a bicycle, I hope when their loved one needs to go to the hospital, they are standing there equally demanding that an ambulance not be used and the medics should carry the loved one on a bicycle.

That makes as much sense as commuting to work every day in an ambulance.

wankery. Noun. (uncountable) (UK, slang, vulgar) Unnecessary or pretentious noodling (messing around) I don't think so, instead of working for three years and undoubtedly spending a sizeable part of his fortune on design, development and prototyping, Mr. Bolenger could have gone out and bought himself a cirus vision jet with what he has spent trying to shine a small light into our dark future.

The number one selling car in the U.S. is not an audi A-6 , so it will not soon be a teala model 3. at least not east of the Left Coast. We will have no hope of breaking this nations addiction to fossil fuels untill we can provide a methadone fix for the Ford 150 which is americas drug of choice, and no, if it's going to spend most of it's life blow 45mph it doesn't need to be all teslafied and swoopy!
Give this guy some credit he could have spent his money on one of these
SF50-Carbon-Aesthetic-Book-2016.png

hal2000 said:
We will have no hope of breaking this nations addiction to fossil fuels untill we can provide a methadone fix for the Ford 150 which is americas drug of choice...

Your analogy of comparing our use of fossil fuel to a drug addict's use of drugs, while amusing, is not really a fair characterization. An addiction becomes harmful when the negative effects become significant. Like when an addict resorts to theft to fund their habit.
Fossil fuels however have been a godsend to society. It's effect on transportation alone industrialized our economy and brought us great improvements in quality of life and wealth. Without fossil fuel there would have been no aviation industry, no railroads and very little long range transportation. We use gasoline because while it is available it provides us great benefits that far outweigh it's paltry negatives. It's not an addiction, it's just the economics of people making their world better.

It's just too bad one of those paltry negatives is the spiraling out of control of the earth temperature balance, in a way that's going to negatively impact billions. But hey, cheap gas right?

Voltron said:
one of those paltry negatives is the spiraling out of control of the earth temperature balance

Yes, the liberals say the temperature's gone up 70 degrees in the last 20 years. It's spiraling out of control. Good catch. [/sarcasm]

I'd love to know what fraction of a degree of temperature change you are trying to call "spiraling out of control". That's an extremely alarmist position you have there.

The real reason that the liberal elite are against fossil fuels/cars/driving is that they provide autonomy and independence. Globalists don't like that. They want to be in control of energy and movement. So they have their liberal media teach the army of useful idiots that cars are bad. Next thing you know, liberals come on here insisting "Cars are bad!". All so predictable.

I don't know what kind of liberal you've been talking to, but the ones I know still want the benefits of personal mobility, and none of them are saying the temperature is going up 35 deg a decade. They just don't want to make to whole world pay the price their car, but have the personal responsibility to see that their choices have long term consequences for all of us on the earth, not just the ones that get to ride in the cars.

Voltron said:
...none of them are saying the temperature is going up 35 deg a decade.

Oh. You told us the temperature was "spiraling out of control", but apparently not at 35 degrees per decade. Why don't you tell us how much the temperature has increased, in your opinion. I'd like to see what "spiraling out of control" means to you.

A record high global average year after year lately seems very much like spiraling out of control to me.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-data-show-2016-warmest-year-on-record-globally

If this year keeps the trend, as it is on track to do, that will be four in a row that are the hottest on record since 1880, in ascending order. How much evidence do you need? Or is evidence even something you care about, if it doesn't confirm your bunk political beliefs?

Chalo said:
A record high global average year after year lately seems very much like spiraling out of control to me.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-data-show-2016-warmest-year-on-record-globally

If this year keeps the trend, as it is on track to do, that will be four in a row that are the hottest on record since 1880, in ascending order. How much evidence do you need? Or is evidence even something you care about, if it doesn't confirm your bunk political beliefs?

Chalo when you go outside and it's raining but it wasn't yesterday, do you go around claiming the world is being flooded? The Earth is over 4 billion years old. 1880 was yesterday.

The single and only reason you are claiming there is global warming is because that's what the leftist media tells you to think. Don't you find it an amazing coincidence that you happen to agree with every liberal policy there is? An automaton would blindly believe whatever it was told by it's masters. Do you see the similarity there?

Chalo said:

Watt he said. (Hard to pedal? Plenty of (empty) seats? Lots of (empty) cargo spaces?)

I'm suspicious...

Izits said:
The single and only reason you are claiming there is global warming is because that's what the leftist media tells you to think.

Hogwash. I acknowledge that there have been calibrated thermometers all my life, and that they and my subjective experience both agree that things have been getting hotter more or less continuously since I was old enough to notice. Furthermore, those observations and measurements agree with the scientific predictions of what happens when you spew hundreds of billions of tons of fossil carbon into the atmosphere (which was already set forth before I was old enough to notice).

As for you? When you've been on the Earth, old enough to observe, hear, and understand such things for four decades as I have, you'll either make rational connections about them... or you'll be a feckless tool for the money class as you are now in your childhood. I'm not placing any bets in that regard.

LockH said:
Chalo said:

Watt he said. (Hard to pedal? Plenty of (empty) seats? Lots of (empty) cargo spaces?)

I'm suspicious...

Isn't that like any car? Sure too many people use them when a bike is adequate but there are some that do need that space for tools and materials etc and it is electric perfect for an off the grid farmer and can maybe cut a hole in the floor and move it Fred Flintstone style

dingoEsride said:
LockH said:
Chalo said:

I'm suspicious...

Isn't that like any car?

Hehe... IF you believe that the world keep changing... like more and more folks... and increasingly "urban"... a lot of cities and places all over the world are coming to the conclusion that with regards to "traffic" there's such a thing as "too much" of a "good thing"? LOTS of places going "car free" where use of private vehicles is being severely restricted if not banned outright.

So one alternative to "congested" urban spaces? Just shrink the size of private vehicles. NO MORE EMPTY SEATS. A "vehicle" (bikes and trikes) for everybody! :wink:

Sailors at least still know how to "dress for the weather". Hehe...

LockH said:
Hehe... IF you believe that the world keep changing... like more and more folks... and increasingly "urban"... a lot of cities and places all over the world are coming to the conclusion that with regards to "traffic" there's such a thing as "too much" of a "good thing"? LOTS of places going "car free" where use of private vehicles is being severely restricted if not banned outright.

So one alternative to "congested" urban spaces? Just shrink the size of private vehicles. NO MORE EMPTY SEATS. A "vehicle" (bikes and trikes) for everybody! :wink:

Sailors at least still know how to "dress for the weather". Hehe...

I totally agree with you LocK

The problem with banning things by use of force is that it's the most common element on the road to slavery because it takes away people's freedom to do their own thing. It also encourages a corrupt government by giving them power that will be bought and sold for all the wrong reasons. (like power and greed). I'll never understand why liberals want a corrupt government. Civil freedom is the most important thing a person can have.

If you don't want to drive a car, then choose not to. But it's immoral to tell entire communities on the other side of the country that they have to live exactly the way you choose to live.

If traffic in the cities is not working out, then it is clearly the fault of the government for doing such a terrible job of designing the streets/cities and road network. Let's lay the blame where it belongs.

Climate change is a global phenomenon that entirely transcends the petty partisan domestic politics that seems to frame every social, legal, technological or other issue in the U.S.

Izits said:
If you don't want to drive a car, then choose not to. But it's immoral to tell entire communities on the other side of the country that they have to live exactly the way you choose to live.

If traffic in the cities is not working out, then it is clearly the fault of the government for doing such a terrible job of designing the streets/cities and road network. Let's lay the blame where it belongs.

The problem is that most roads are built for cars and there is not enough roads for bikes in the cities but we still need cargo carriers over longer distances, it's the every day commuters that should re-think their journey to work.

Anyway more on the SUT

[youtube]FW-8Mf0Z0dE[/youtube]

[youtube]7r51IC9ya-o[/youtube]

"most roads are built for cars"... Ooops. Try a Giggle earch for "roads built for bicycles history"? ... and top of first page ("about 18,200,000 results") ya get (sampling):
The Secret History of Cars Begins With Bicycles
How Did the Bicycle Evolve?
19th century cyclists paved the way for modern motorists' roads
Briefly describe how the automobile evolved from the bicycle
The Bicycle and the Ride to Modern America
"Roads were not built for cars": how cyclists, not drivers, first fought to ...
Why motorists should thank cyclists for the car

... about 18,199,990 more to go...

"there is not enough roads for bikes in the cities"?

Of course there is... PLENTY of room... if ya just take away the empty seats in huge vehicles (USED FOR PERSONAL USE) "full" of empty cargo space. Driven by ONE THOUSAND HORSES (the new Mercedes-AMG Project One "Hypercar") and capable of speeds FAR in excess of most "urban" speeds (Project One top speed 350 km/h... over 200 in real US MILES per hour)...

"we still need cargo carriers over longer distances, it's the every day commuters that should re-think their journey to work."

Agree 1000%! Hehe ... watt takes us back to the Bollinger "SUT". :wink:

Whats wrong with the sut? sorry loCk, the roads are now mostly built for the car now but thankfully my town has a great cycle infrastructure, keep on riding

Back