My EEB Commuter

litespeed said:
....You can tell us how they do at 100 when you get them....

Thx for the info. This bike is only running 20s and only does just over 80mph, more than fast enough for me up so high on a short wheelbase. My 107mph bike is down right now for a frame upgrade, with the slightly larger new tire diameter, my big loss in weight, and better aero, she should be good for 110-115. 8) I don't know about mirrors though on that one. After waiting 4 years there's finally some hubmotored bikes coming up to justify a properly documented speed run, so stay tuned.

litespeed said:
I'm ready with pop corn popped!

Tom

You just gotta put the pressure on a few days after getting tagged by a jerk who decided to do a hard quick left turn with no blinker and me in the middle of a pass. I got lucky with so little injury in my first collision with a smoke belching steel cage, but I gotta at least grow some skin back before any high speed run.

That is the reason I've only gone 60 a few times....don't want to be out where I'm a target. Around here we have lots of paved trails, bike lanes and other designated areas for bicycles. I play nice on the multi use areas and live. For the street I have a Can Am Spyder that is faster than a car, stops quicker than a car, as big as some cars, has trunk space that rivals a few cars and I don't have to put my feet down at a stop light! :D Origanally I was getting a touring bike but my wife gets motion sickness, especially when leaning so we tried the Spyder. We both loved it. Best compromise of open air fun and safety in my opinion. She can also control the radio from the back.....what more could she want?

Hope the skin heals quick.

Tom

I never have any issues at all at speed, because I use acceleration and speed to create safe spacing. It's the low speed stuff that's made me eat asphalt. I we had biking infrastructure, I'd have a low speed pedal assist bike to use on paths, but since I have no choice but to mix with traffic it's gotta be on my terms, which doesn't include being passed by cagers and their distracted or impaired driving.

Hi,

Thanks for all of the great information you have really inspired me to begin to build my own ebike, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind shedding more light on your battery pack installation and how you manage the cell health?

Back