Wind Energy Or Solar Energy?

jacksmith12

1 µW
Which type of energy can be best use as alternative energy in future? wind energy or solar panels? I have a generator at my garage and i want to replace it with any of these, i want to invest by considering future prospect of alternative energy.

jacksmith12 said:
Which type of energy can be best use as alternative energy in future? wind energy or solar panels? I have a generator at my garage and i want to replace it with any of these, i want to invest by considering future prospect of alternative energy.
Solar; it's cheap and easy, provided you are in a good area. Most people don't want to do the work to install wind. They mount tiny turbines in poor locations (like on their roof) and then wonder why they are seeing very little energy.

Solar, absolutely hands down, small scale wind is not even worth considering. UNLESS, it's an off grid system, then, and only then a wind turbine in addition to a PV system. No matter how big the PV system, it's done once the sun goes down! A windy night is where a wind turbine shines. If grid tie, go solar only, no moving parts, no noise, no tower, and immediately from day one more power for less money. These are very tough times for small turbine manufacturers, they are dropping like flies.

The Rainbow Power Company used to say "If you live somewhere windy enough to justify a small wind turbine, you probably wouldn't want to live there".

But they are great for generating power in bad weather. Worth the investment / headache? Maybe not.

Some lucky folks live where it rains enough that a micro-hydro system can work. Pelton wheels are best for this I think.
http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/hydro-power-c-8_225.html

image018.gif

Most likely the OP is a spammer. (based on other "questions" I've seen like this before). I bet if you check Stopforumspam or other spamcheck sites for the IP, you'll find it there. I'd also bet that it isn't a USA IP, despite claiming to be from USA in profile (and I don't think English is their primary language based on their post).

Most likely the OP will come back and edit in their spam into their profile, or into their post.

Back