VMOTO E-MAX 120L (EMAX 120L)

Mapyx

10 mW
Hi All!
Hello everyone!
I just signed up
I bought a E-MAX 120L (VMOTO) Black / Orange a few days ago. I Was very Happy. :lol: but....
After a few days of use, the first problems began: :cry:
I leave home with 100% batteries;
after a few kilometers (about 5 of which 3 at a constant maximum speed of 65 km / h), the scooter turns off (as if the side stand was inserted), and the display writes "scooter disabled";
I turn it off by turning the key off;
Wait a few moments and then restart the scooter;
the batteries mark residual charge 01% - KM residual 00 - but still 52.7V;
I try to start and the scooter works properly, but without display shows wrong charge of (lithium) batteries.
I come home and try to put it in charge; seems to be charging, but the voltage is not aligned with the percentage of battery charge.
Charge charge when it marks 25% (because batteries are at maximum voltage as if they were 100%)
I try to make a turn.
I do about 20 km but the display always shows 25% of residual charge and always 18Km remaining as when I left.
Any idea?
Thanks all

the next day (today)
I came out and noticed that the MAX mode (setting the Boost selector on the right hand of the handlebars) was the same as the ECO mode:
the scooter did not exceed the speed of 35 km / h.
I try to set the NORMAL mode and the scooter looks OK: I reach 50 Km / h but by returning the MAX mode the scooter slows down as if in ECO mode.
I turn it off for a few minutes; restart and everything seems to be back to normal.
(the charge indicator problem always remains that marks a wrong percentage that seems misaligned with respect to the voltage)

[attachment=0]IMG-20171012-WA0003_1.jpg[/attachment

Attachments

• IMG-20171012-WA0003_1.jpg
    IMG-20171012-WA0003_1.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 3,324
Upgrade:
I charged the scooter by connecting it to the computer and checking the charge level of each cell separately, so that it does not go overcharge, and until the maximum capacity reached 52000
Test Batterie.JPG
The voltage seems to have re-matched the charge rate
Test Batterie 52000.jpg

update 2 19/10/2017:
This morning my Scooter EMAX 120L stopped twice and again three times. ☹
the thing is getting really annoying.
Disabled.jpg
I noticed that if I turn off the key during riding and restarting it the engine does not reactivate, it will always be disabled (SCOOTER DISABLED display).
In order to resume, I have to suspend the gear, turn off the key and switch it on again.

Some tests I could do are to use it only in NORMAL or ECO (but practically I walk first) and the problem did not occur. On MAX I saw (only the last time I tried to make it happen because I was expecting it, so statistically it is not the rule) that turned off with the 45.x voltage, but this happens also riding with batteries at 100 %

On your bms is the LVC set to high? Or is the bms max discharge tripping.
Although you clearly have power? Is the motor getting hot cutting the power? Or a problem with the temp probe. If it’s only with the switch on max and no other mode like normal or eco suspect the switch itself or the controller not liking passing that kind of amperage through it.

How do you connect PC to BMS of E-max 120L?
Which program should I use and where I find the connection?

Hi guys,
any progress? I bought 2pcs of the model 120L and I need to connect to the BMS. Any advice, where to connect the COM port?
thanks

Last edited:
salve, anch'io ho un 120l e non so dove collegare la porta seriale per controllare il bms, qualcuno sa aiutarmi?
Grazie

Mapyx,​

does it mean, you connect the BMS Monitor 1.0 via CAN, anywhere on the vehical CAN Bus? What are than the port settings? Can you share the pinout of the connector? I already got to connect to the Sevcon unit, but without the wiring diagram I used the cable direct at the Sevcon connector.​

Thanks a lot for help​

Last edited:
Is there any SW to connect to the instruments, I would like to display the current, either from the BMS or from the Sevcon controller, doesn't matter from which.
Thanks.

Back