Vector bike and frame owners.

madin88 said:
Now i am using the stands from the chinese EEB frame which costs less than half (25USD vs 55USD the crap from vetcor), have felt like half the weight and so far they handle the weight well 8)
Madin, can you please place a link where i can buy this stand, thanks.

Nice Artur!

When do you have some more detailed information about the new mid drive? Like final specs, price and when we can put in our order?

here we go

vortex.jpg

new motor on the vector bike:mxus 3k turbo 3T topspeed 19inch wheel:75kmh-gps on the 18s Sanyo nmc 25Ah VW e-up cells.
Sabvoton controller 125 battery amps-250 Phase goes crazzy :shock: volt drops maximum 2V on the total 18s pack(0,11V cell) so these cells can take 100Amp easy.
Upgrade the battery wires to 7awg,upgrade the rear brake 203mm disc.
On/off switch+volt display no more extra wires and big displays on the bike :mrgreen:
range 40-70km....a lot hard riding gives me 45km range.
I have a 3 speed freewheel and waiting for the chain parts(wider size for the 3speed).
just a pic how the bike looks.
5alt7l.jpg

33o47j6.jpg

osg0ib.jpg

Finally chain+chaintensioner wurks perfect,pedal easy 20kmh no motorpower.
Mount a compleet Magura MT5 4 piston 203mm brake kit front-rear.Very strong brakes
Front suspension Magura usd old spring style,no oil leaks verry hard and wurks perfect on the heavy bike :mrgreen:
The front+back wheel i like to make them mat-black for the compleet good look(chrome to shiney and the front doesnt match)
Tires 3.0 give the bike a real steady feeling@speeds above 40kmh.
The only thing i hat now is the sound of the freewheel :x the motor/controller are super quiet.
mltgtd.jpg

vqs9s6.jpg

20kvrd4.jpg

2lm6x3k.jpg

Vector bike is ready and i am happy with the look,wheels front+back black looks good to me 8)
5vmzpg.jpg

2j3iayv.jpg

dubbel shrink the vw e-up 25Ah cells,smal holes on the terminals to check the ballans.
1054htz.jpg

Not to much i start with the frame and put the rest on the frame step by step.
Frame 600Euro.
Brakes magura mt5 203mm 200Euro.
Fox rear schock 150Euro.
front fork magura-second hand 125Euro.
steering-bar-progrip grips etc 100Euro.
Mxus 3k turbo 3T 19inch mc wheel 400Euro.
rims-tubes 3inch rear+front 130Euro
Chain-freewheel 30Euro.
controller sabvoton 96150 200Euro.
Battery 18 big li-nmc vw e-up cells 18s 25Ah 1.6kwh 400Euro.
Total like 2400Euro....

Joachim said:
Not to much i start with the frame and put the rest on the frame step by step.
Frame 600Euro.
Brakes magura mt5 203mm 200Euro.
Fox rear schock 150Euro.
front fork magura-second hand 125Euro.
steering-bar-progrip grips etc 100Euro.
Mxus 3k turbo 3T 19inch mc wheel 400Euro.
rims-tubes 3inch rear+front 130Euro
Chain-freewheel 30Euro.
controller sabvoton 96150 200Euro.
Battery 18 big li-nmc vw e-up cells 18s 25Ah 1.6kwh 400Euro.
Total like 2400Euro....

Wooohow thats cheap as hell... I have spend about <twize that much... Well.. But I also use a better battery(3kWh; 18kW max), some more motorcycle parts and an Adaptto..

Yes a good battery from 18650 cells cost a lot...3kwh for sure :shock:( bigger and better are not the same :wink: )
I think the sabvoton is a great controller for the money,runs very cool and silent/smooth.

Joachim said:
Yes a good battery from 18650 cells cost a lot...3kwh for sure :shock:( bigger and better are not the same :wink: )
I think the sabvoton is a great controller for the money,runs very cool and silent/smooth.

Cool, I will try the Sabvaton next time. <Thumbs Up>.
Yes, really 3kWh. 20s15p. 20×15×2,67Ahx3,7 ~ 3kWh. And 16Ax15x20x3,7 ~ 18kW. (16,6kW continuous)

Joachim said:
20s 15p-300 cells...big battery 14 kilo? 2.88kwh :mrgreen:

Yeah something about that.. I guess its about 15kg but never gets hot as its overpowered as much as possible :D just fits perfectly into the Vector #1 frame.

Yes thes cells never got hot never see max amp drawn,long live battery 8) I have build some of these vw cells in a 2 person pedal assist duo bike a view weeks a go:the guy cald me this week and the bikes range is 400km :lol: i put 10s 2p on the duo van raam bike so 18kwh :mrgreen:
i have to make a second battery for a 3 wheel van raam bike 10s 1p 36v 25Ah.order already 1 module....12 cells so i have 2 cells left,i can go to 20s in the Vector( i have to check the used cells and the new cells first).

Joachim said:
Yes thes cells never got hot never see max amp drawn,long live battery 8) I have build some of these vw cells in a 2 person pedal assist duo bike a view weeks a go:the guy cald me this week and the bikes range is 400km :lol: i put 10s 2p on the duo van raam bike so 18kwh :mrgreen:
i have to make a second battery for a 3 wheel van raam bike 10s 1p 36v 25Ah.order already 1 module....12 cells so i have 2 cells left,i can go to 20s in the Vector( i have to check the used cells and the new cells first).

Haha, you mean that one? Lol :mrgreen: :lol: :D Easy money :)

Duotandem%20von%20Van%20Raam%20spezialrader.jpg

Joachim,
I will be building one almost exactly like yours, hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions for guidance. How did you paint the wheels, just rim or spokes and all. I want to paint just the rims on mine. Any prep advise would help.

Rims are hard to paint, or rather they are tough to get a lasting paint job. All kinds of scratches, dust from brake pads, sand, rocks and stones always working the finish of the rims. I would either do it cheap as possible, like plasti dip. Or powder coat. I tried to paint a set of 19" mc rims. Even with proper prep work, sanding, base coat, paint and then clear to seal it all didn't last. When I swapped for a lighter and smaller 19/18"rim set I opted for powder coating. Tough as nail. No more chipping.

Burnt75 said:
Joachim,
I will be building one almost exactly like yours, hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions for guidance. How did you paint the wheels, just rim or spokes and all. I want to paint just the rims on mine. Any prep advise would help.
You need the right paint.i have paint alluminium car wheels with the same mat black paint....winter summer stil holding strong and looks good-easy to clean. Use the special motip allu paint for alluminium wheels,first sanding waterproof 2000 and 4 layers paint will hold good and the looks are perfect.

Joachim said:
Burnt75 said:
Joachim,
You need the right paint.i have paint alluminium car wheels with the same mat black paint....winter summer stil holding strong and looks good-easy to clean. Use the special motip allu paint for alluminium wheels,first sanding waterproof 2000 and 4 layers paint will hold good and the looks are perfect.

Thanks. Yours look great. What fender is that? Just the right size.

Awesome pics! I like the mudguards of these.. Are they a different sort then you sell? Where to get them?

Back