Norco Aline and Kevlar/carbon tank

I'm a little confused.

Have you used a plastic mould, then carbon fibred the outside and kevlared the inside or
Used a aluminium mould, then carbon fibred the outside and kevlared the inside.. or?...

Is the mould staying inside or is the a crafty plan to remove it, leaving the carbon fibre and kevlar remaining?

(sounds so critical, but really I'm just very, very jelly of your work. Nice!) 8)

IanM said:
This would be a good candidate for a BBSHD. I just stuck one on my 2009 trance X1 today and like it a lot. This frame shouldn't have the clearance issues I anticipate with the trance. I'm worried I will smash the motor on a rock or log. It is nice not having 15kg of weight in my back wheel but then it sucks that I can't do power wheelies at 40kmh like I can on th FLX. Keep up the good work Sam I am keen to see how this turns out, should be a cracker.
with a bbshd you won't be able to do power wheelies @40km/h no matter how light your front is :)

Hahahaha. I have addressed this age old conundrum as most straight thinking Ebike addicts would. By having at least two frames. Hahahaha.

I built one a few years back with a bbs02 for a chef who worked at Fed Square restaurant in Melbs. Such a beautifully balanced commuter.

And I'll build a hub version.

In my op comments I think I mentioned why they are awesome frame choices. 68mm bb and 150mm rear gives so many options.

I've actually got a LR big block here unopened for an overseas customer and I'm wondering if this might be the plan for my third donor.

Here's a pic of the old ally one I did for the Melbs guy. Please ignore the forks. He ran a bit short on spending.

1a2e894dadc64e17f4e1b04ed0242302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry lurkin, almost forgot. No I did away with the plastic cage once I discovered the simplicity of Waterjet. The 3D cage was very handy for checking the size and look in my own shed though before committing to metal.

I've convinced a few guys in the uk on ES Facebook to hack Norcos. Nothing else can touch that rear end patent.

I like this flat ally sheet idea. Easy to mail a sheet around the world for little cost.

Coated the outer in a layer of West System epoxy yesterday and will give it a bit of a wet rub with fine sandpaper on the mating surfaces in the next few days. I'd better degrease and rough up the mating surfaces on the frame too..

Any updates on this Sam? Very interested in your progress.

And can I ask how you drew the flattened dimensions of the Ally box?

Heya Cal i made new ribs this week. Fit much better

Niw to epoxy the gaps

Drew it in 3d and then assembled the flat outlines in inkscape.
5fb721b117ad93a59fd7a79acdf94fa1.jpg

Epoxy needs to dry then be rubbed back before next layer.

Well i found a rare kids size. My daughter should be pleased haha.
5b9ca704c9501b74b666471eee6b3b32.jpg

Guess what i just picked up for $600
Was searching the forum for best way to mount battery and of course SamD is agead of the pack again

Ha Thread bumped by someone being ripped off. ok not funny for that guy but anyway. I have the Norco team DH 2004 and the Norco savage. Both have vps linkage, never realised why only Norco and big hits look this way. I built the team DH for my wife before we were married. Mine is a Scott Ransom but I have to say these days I far prefer the Norco for its suspension and handling. I have as Samd mentions two Dr Bass torque arms sandwiches the 135mm axle of a hub motor that's magic pie sized but not a magic pie.

Currently I use some Macallister B&Q 36v batteries under the downtube held by a plastic printed mount. Doesn't look anywhere near as professional as this but I like the fact I can remove the power off the bike and thus its less attractive to thieves. Easier to charge too, where I can keep my eyes on the batteries.

Keep up the great work Samd

Sure! Done a few more.

097de54b09d94fccbc889681dfc7ad57.jpg

Battery sizing perfect. This one bbshd.
83455a1fabdb2d21cb47c584aed4c832.jpg

07b69a8af40a8653fd14428eb7cc7666.jpg

Samd this is a lovely build well done.
A while back I stumbled onto one of these Alines and just had to have it when Timma (Paul) put it up for sale.
I've also done a battery box frame mod, just getting the battery built ATM by Cellman, and then should be on the road, can't wait.
I have a small build log if you're interested, I'll be watching your one closely. :D

Back