MXUS coming out with a 5K-Turbo motor, 55mm Magnets

This on a motorbike would be nice, I've had fun punching around with the 3k @ 10kw it's about the limits of what I feel comfortable with on a pushbike. Even if it's a purpose built frame like a stealth etc.

These kinds of motors are in the danger zone, if I could push 20kw on my bike when I was 15 I would have. Now days at about the same price as an iPhone a kid can setup a 20kw pushbike ! @ 100klms an hour and get there very quickly.

pretty much you'll have to buy pre built kits that sealed and registered with insurance at a measly 250w, all cause of clowns running wild. In reality 1000w is the cap I'd put on street ebikes and a top speed of what can be achieved by a good cyclist on a carbon racer. Most riders wouldn't be bothered to run more power or go faster. But 250w limits are so out of touch with reality.

Guys, I have a new crystalite x5403 in my hands. Shall I buy it or prefer a 5k 4t ?

csc said:
Guys, I have a new crystalite x5403 in my hands. Shall I buy it or prefer a 5k 4t ?
54XX was one of the best afew years ago. Has a 40 mm stator, steel stator…
The 5K is one of the best in this size right now, has a 55 mm stator, alu stator and has more torque
if you have some extra money invest in a new motor like 5K or QS205 and you are happier

Thanks Burner77

As you've received and sell some 5k, you could maybe argue a bit more about the advantages with some kind of documented test ?!!!

Cheerio

With the new motor simulator, be nice to get the numbers needed to input into the motor simulator, so we can get great motor graphs. More torque comes from the wider magnets, is my guess. Which reminds me - Do not fall into the MYTH that a higher turn count motor has more torque. It is false!

csc said:

The 5403 is a 3t, so the speed and acceleration curve you get out of it will be different than the 4t.

Which curve do you need?

You can get an idea of which is which comparing the X5403 to the M4504 in the http://ebikes.ca/simulator (even though the M4504 is the 3k version of the motor it should have a similar curve).

I was told by the seller that a x5403 is not the equivalent of other 3T. Mxus 5k equivalent in terms of max speed would be 4 t. Is that right according to you ?

csc said:
I was told by the seller that a x5403 is not the equivalent of other 3T. Mxus 5k equivalent in terms of max speed would be 4 t. Is that right according to you ?
Just try the ebikes.ca motor simulator, the 5303 is nearly exactly a 3K 3T, 5K data isn't available yet
the 5403 is between 3K 3T and 4T, see pic
MXUS 3K 5403.jpg

csc said:
Thanks Burner77

As you've received and sell some 5k, you could maybe argue a bit more about the advantages with some kind of documented test ?!!!

Cheerio
see the chart here compared 5303 to 3K, 5K has 4 kg more of copper, magnets, stator
MXUS 4T vs 5303.jpg

Thanks again, though the one that I have to compare in Justin's app is the 5403 (you talk about the 5303). That 5403 thing is around 13 kilos, similar to the 5k.

csc said:
Thanks again, though the one that I have to compare in Justin's app is the 5403 (you talk about the 5303). That 5403 thing is around 13 kilos, similar to the 5k.
I have talked about 5403 and 5303 if you read carefully. I have sold Crystalyte before and had 5403, Cromotor, QS205, 3K all in the same frame, same controller, same battery.

Ok sorry, my mistake. Did not see the first graph

Have you tested a 5k in real life ? I'm very curious !

csc said:

not yet, since my Adaptto died. But from the specs should be at least QS205 level, which is much torqier than the Clyte

burner77 said:
csc said:

not yet, since my Adaptto died. But from the specs should be at least QS205 level, which is much torqier than the Clyte

from what i measured for the QS205 V3: 11.1 kV @ 38.6 mOhm, Km = 4.39 Nm@1Watt https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65757&p=1144217&hilit=cromotor#p1143550
the MXUS 5k less with the given specs (13.3 kV @ 43 mOhm), Km = 3.46 Nm@1Watt

so i would still go for the QS205. seems like the deeper teeth pay out more than the 5mm wider stator stack the MXUS 5k has

What ever happened to the MXUS 5K? Did anyone ever get hands-on specs? I'm curious to see how it compares to the QS205 in the real world.

Because MXUS burnt us developers who gave them the advice then they tried to sell it back to us at a higher price. Without us they'd still be pushing out V1 crap. Then they started selling them to alibaba vendors who would undercut us on price anyways despite our R&D. And a few group buys stopped us recovering our time anyways.

So we went to mxus' suppliers, bought the same parts and got them wound and assembled better for a little bit less.

Samd said:
Because MXUS burnt us developers who gave them the advice then they tried to sell it back to us at a higher price. Without us they'd still be pushing out V1 crap. Then they started selling them to alibaba vendors who would undercut us on price anyways despite our R&D. And a few group buys stopped us recovering our time anyways.

So we went to mxus' suppliers, bought the same parts and got them wound and assembled better for a little bit less.
Yep.
The only difference between the "clones" and MXUS 3K is the cover plate (logo)
The rest is our refined recipe requested from another equally qualified manufacturer.

teslanv said:
markz said:
MXUS 5000W is a whopping 13kg (28.7lbs) 55mm Magnets, 250mm dia hub $300 motor
MXUS 3000W is a whopping 9.3kg (20.6lbs) 50mm Magnets, 231mm dia hub $300 motor
Leaf 1500W is a whopping 7.18kg (15.9lbs) 35mm Magnets, 243mm dia hub $175 motor + $108 s/h

5mm difference in Magnet height with 8 lbs difference between the MXUS motors.

MXUS 5K = 55mm Stator
MXUS 3K = 45mm stator (10mm less wide)
Leaf = 35mm Stator (20mm less wide)

I can't argue with the fact that the 5K is a big fat pig of a motor. Better heat-sinking? - Sure. More unsuspended weight? - Afraid so.

Yet people keep buying the 205 series QSes which are heavier, less efficient, and lower power rated.
I'm scratching my head over this.

It's probably because QS is a relentless marketer and MXUS frocked up their relations with vendors and put phase wires that are too thin on their motors ( which is a $3 fix if you just cut the phase wires 1 inch out of the axle and solder on some fat cables ).

Does anybody have any experience with the 55mm 5K now, is it noticably better than qs205 in any aspect?

I just burnt a 5T Mxus 3K and am looking for a replacement, I guess a 5T Mxus 5K would be ideal. I have no experience with Alibaba, so this will be fun :lol:

I'm from the EU, any advice on how to get a 5T Mxus 5K or anything very similar, ideally in a 16" moto rim, would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

The only generic mxus motors I see is that seller that uses the C&D graphic and mxus label. Never really paid attention to their prices, compared to mxus themselves. Thats where I bought my 3kw v2. Time to buy some samples.

Any thoughts on this motor? I've read through this thread but there seems to be a lot of back and fourth. It doesn't seem too popular around the forums and I still don't see it on the ebike.ca site or sold by many/any of the mxus dealers. However, on paper it sounds better than the QS205 (aside from the 6mm^2 vs 10mm^2 lead wires). Plus those recessed bolts look nice. :p

Any idea what a good max power output pairing would be? I'm planning on building up a Vector Tyohoon or Qulbix 76. Still deciding on 26"/27.5" bike wheel vs 19" moto wheel. I think I should be able to push 20kw from the batter+bms+controller if all goes as planned. It will be used mostly on road and I'm shooting a max speed of at least 45 (the more the better but I anticipate some stop and go).

Thanks!

Just based on the pics I've seen of various QS internals vs the MXUS, and my personal experiences of the MXUS 3K (two versions), the QS is probably better made.

But someone that actually has both would have to speak up on that to be certain.

I liked my MXUS 3kw V2 4T until I fried the windings. I'd buy another one over the QS.
The 5kw has wider dropout width for the flats on the axle.

neptronix said:
Yet people keep buying the 205 series QSes which are heavier, less efficient, and lower power rated.
I'm scratching my head over this.

It's probably because QS is a relentless marketer and MXUS frocked up their relations with vendors and put phase wires that are too thin on their motors ( which is a $3 fix if you just cut the phase wires 1 inch out of the axle and solder on some fat cables ).

amberwolf said:
Just based on the pics I've seen of various QS internals vs the MXUS, and my personal experiences of the MXUS 3K (two versions), the QS is probably better made.

But someone that actually has both would have to speak up on that to be certain.

Back