Hall Sensor - Where to Buy and Which Type

Folks,

Hope all is well - I'm hoping to get an education from the more "learned" ES members. Currently trying to install hall sensors on my hub motors. I already have an idea on where and how to place them, but need help on where to buy them, and which type to get? I know that ebikes.ca currently sells hall sensors for hub motors - but not sure if there are any other (perhaps better) alternatives? And also which type to get.

Many thanks in advance!

you can probably get cheaper ones from eBay as apposed to Digi key or Mouser, but if you go through the trouble of opening your motor and replacing them, why run the risk of one of them going bad again because wanted to save a few bucks by getting Chinese replacements. Get the real ones and they should last a long time. It could save you the headache of redoing a pain in the ars job.

:D

There's some more info in some of these threads (not all are relevant, but the titles should help)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=hall*+sensor&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thanks guys...I'm at the conclusion, after reading a lot of materials, that Honeywell is the best one to get.

Extremely helpful...thanks again!

Back