100 mW
hi,

can i use a 48v 20ah ping batterie on this controller

pic5.JPG

ok

even when I tried to connect and if it explode then do we know why :wink:

thank you

48v ping is 58 actual volts I think, so poof. :lol:

If it breaks we will know why. It apparently has capacitors (and other components, maybe) that are designed for 50 volts (actual volts) max.

The ping battery is rated at "48V" but its actual voltage during use starts at about 56 volts and only drops to 48 volts when the battery is nearly 100% discharged.

I'm going to make a guess and say that there's a fairly good chance your 50 volt capacitors will tolerate 56+ volts for a little while, but not nearly long enough to serve your purposes.

They come apart easily enough, and you can re-solder on whatever voltage rating caps you like. I would use some 75vdc caps if you want to try it at 58v, even then, its just a try. They are only 100bucks though, so it's not like you have a lot to loose just from giving it a whirl.

the caps are not likely the limiting factor. take a look at the fets, and you will probably find them rated at much less than 50v. rc controllers are usually designed for low voltages, and the fets for low voltages are made with thinner layers that permit lower on resistance. A typical rc controller rated for up to 10 cells RC use is only 15v.

This is one of the newer "HV"-type RC controllers, which means it is good for up to 12s LiPo setups, which is 50.4V, fresh off the charger. I have personally used CC's HV series controllers with 15s a123 setups on RC helicopters, but I haven't yet tried a 16s setup. I will this week, though. :) Don't know about these Turnigy models either. It would certainly be good to know. :mrgreen:

-- Gary

GGoodrum said:
This is one of the newer "HV"-type RC controllers, which means it is good for up to 12s LiPo setups, which is 50.4V, fresh off the charger. I have personally used CC's HV series controllers with 15s a123 setups on RC helicopters, but I haven't yet tried a 16s setup. I will this week, though. :) Don't know about these Turnigy models either. It would certainly be good to know. :mrgreen:

-- Gary

they probably use 55v fets then. 58v would really be pushing it. have fun.

Back