Your Creation's Before & After Pics

chefkendra said:
I just finished building this

Looks like a very nice bike with a relaxed riding position. But if possible you should try and mount the battery and controller within the large triangle. That way the riding and handling will improve enormous as now all the weight (you and the battery+controller) is too much rearwards.

SlowCo said:
chefkendra said:
I just finished building this

Looks like a very nice bike with a relaxed riding position. But if possible you should try and mount the battery and controller within the large triangle. That way the riding and handling will improve enormous as now all the weight (you and the battery+controller) is too much rearwards.
I specifically didn't want a battery pack in the middle because I like the way the frame looks without stuff in the middle. I know that's the best place for it for handling. However I have two side panniers installed for the battery packs I'm building specifically to fit them, which I believe is the 2nd best place for batteries and handling. For now my I have batteries in the rack bag. The controller is mounted under the rear rack. It handles really well for my needs. Thanks for your advice though.

Long time since I've built an ebike, last posted in this thread on page 22 back in Aug 2010!

Was active here on the forums way back in 2009 when I was running a 'Greenewheels' as sold in Australia, which I then upgraded to a BPMII rear hub, and pretty much changed out everything except the frame and the seat, as it was all crap componentry. Aluminium Frame has been solid though.

Recently snapped my BPM axle on a bumpy section, and have been meaning to upgrade from the horrifically bumpy ride that 4kg of hub motor gave me.

Just bought one of these in 21 inch (the last one available in 21inch) and have ordered a BBS02B with 17.5AH 48V (Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mA cells) in the 'HL-2' 'Shark' case from GBK.

I strongly believe this battery case will fit this Corratec 21 inch frame but not the 19 inch. The HL-1, 18mm skinnier would fit that one, there is a guy on ebay building these I have seen.

I have turned the rear air shock upside down to give enough clearance for this battery. There should be about 10mm clearance between the batt and rear shock now.

This thing is great german tech.. I can't stop myself riding it, it is just like floating on air.. I've never ridden air springs or a dual suspension bike before. It loves riding off gutters, you hardly feel it while sitting in the saddle!

Seems the people selling these must have a bunch of them, old stock from 2012 but still new in box. Easy fitment of the Bafang BBS as old style threaded 68mm BB. I was looking at 2nd hand giant anthem or trance or GT for way more than the $750 I paid for this new.

Waiting on my motor and batt to be delivered so not sure how smooth the build will actually be, but this could be a good option if you ar ein Australia, want to build a dual suspension ebike, and you are happy with a 19in one, appears to be plenty left down there in VIC.

Looking forward to this build! I've ordered a programming cable so that I can speed and power limit this to NSW legal limits for the road.

IMG_3768.JPG

Corratec XRace.jpg

Updated, converted bike pic uploaded. I am thrilled with this thing.. It is bloody amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_0050EbikeEbikelowerreso.JPG
    IMG_0050EbikeEbikelowerreso.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 6,025
This is my first build.
48V 12ah battery.
42A Controller
And a basic 1000w rear china hub.
203mm disk brake front and 160mm back.

The after pic one is a bit Dirty after riding to work

Attachments

• 5565+.jpg
    5565+.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6,377
file.php

file.php

Specialized Tricross Commuter build
48V 13.5ah battery
BBS02

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 3,612
  • after pic.JPG
    after pic.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 3,612
Been wanting to build an ebike for sometime so I bought a used Santa Cruz Bullit, replaced a few worn out parts and put a Lightning Rods Single Stage Kit Small Block Kit on it with a 14S7P-30Q battery from EM3ev, Cycle Analyst V3, Grin Satiator battery charger and an Ibera rack and bag to hold the battery to top it all off.

Just finished up the fabrication and cleaning up the wiring and test drove it today. Will tweak it a little more but it works.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 5,749
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 5,749
Magneto said:
Long time since I've built an ebike, last posted in this thread on page 22 back in Aug 2010!

Was active here on the forums way back in 2009 when I was running a 'Greenewheels' as sold in Australia, which I then upgraded to a BPMII rear hub, and pretty much changed out everything except the frame and the seat, as it was all crap componentry. Aluminium Frame has been solid though.

Recently snapped my BPM axle on a bumpy section, and have been meaning to upgrade from the horrifically bumpy ride that 4kg of hub motor gave me.

Just bought one of these in 21 inch (the last one available in 21inch) and have ordered a BBS02B with 17.5AH 48V (Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mA cells) in the 'HL-2' 'Shark' case from GBK.

I strongly believe this battery case will fit this Corratec 21 inch frame but not the 19 inch. The HL-1, 18mm skinnier would fit that one, there is a guy on ebay building these I have seen.

I have turned the rear air shock upside down to give enough clearance for this battery. There should be about 10mm clearance between the batt and rear shock now.

This thing is great german tech.. I can't stop myself riding it, it is just like floating on air.. I've never ridden air springs or a dual suspension bike before. It loves riding off gutters, you hardly feel it while sitting in the saddle!

Seems the people selling these must have a bunch of them, old stock from 2012 but still new in box. Easy fitment of the Bafang BBS as old style threaded 68mm BB. I was looking at 2nd hand giant anthem or trance or GT for way more than the $750 I paid for this new.

Waiting on my motor and batt to be delivered so not sure how smooth the build will actually be, but this could be a good option if you ar ein Australia, want to build a dual suspension ebike, and you are happy with a 19in one, appears to be plenty left down there in VIC.

Looking forward to this build! I've ordered a programming cable so that I can speed and power limit this to NSW legal limits for the road.

View attachment 6

View attachment 4

Updated, converted bike pic uploaded. I am thrilled with this thing.. It is bloody amazing!

That style frame/suspension linkage looks familiar. I bought my 2003 Rocky Mountain new in 2008(it had been lost in a warehouse);

Still on the original Float R although I put a seal kit and a "heavy rider tuning kit in it when I got the bike. The tuning kit made the action more progressive and although the last inch or two is stiffer, it's still not as progressive as a more modern design. But it works great for my relaxed street cruising. The Bomber forks are still original, not even an oil change :roll:
Anyhow, it would be kool if you did an update when you get some more miles on her.

KarateDoc said:
Been wanting to build an ebike for sometime so I bought a used Santa Cruz Bullit, replaced a few worn out parts and put a Lightning Rods Single Stage Kit Small Block Kit on it with a 14S7P-30Q battery from EM3ev, Cycle Analyst V3, Grin Satiator battery charger and an Ibera rack and bag to hold the battery to top it all off.

Just finished up the fabrication and cleaning up the wiring and test drove it today. Will tweak it a little more but it works.
Nice job, especially hiding the wiring.
Does the battery bag hit the back of the seat when the suspension compresses?

motomech said:
Still on the original Float R although I put a seal kit and a "heavy rider tuning kit in it when I got the bike. The tuning kit made the action more progressive and although the last inch or two is stiffer, it's still not as progressive as a more modern design. But it works great for my relaxed street cruising. The Bomber forks are still original, not even an oil change :roll:
Anyhow, it would be kool if you did an update when you get some more miles on her.

That's good going on the Float R, have been wondering how long I can expect these units to last..

My Manitou Drake 32mm steel spring forks on my old rear hub Bafang BPM bike are still going great with no oil change or seal change, after almost 28,000km have been on the old bike since 2010. I don't expect the 30mm RST airs my new one has to last like that, but you never know..

Re-the update, I've done about 600km on my new corratec now. Had a couple of teething problems, Hailong HL-2 case battery mating terminals have been made with material that does not spring very well, had a failure half way home because of intermittent then no contact being made from battery to cradle. I detail that in another post here in response to a dood who had the same problem but he ended up changing out the BMS before realising.

Also primary drive very noisy in Bafang BBS02, fixed by taking out the bottom of the 4 small bolts holding the motor side on. I figure stator misalignment may be the issue, maybe I can fix by undoing the three screws that hold the plate that supports the bearing for one end to the main body, maybe that is out of alignment. In any case it's quiet when the bolt is not there... I look forward to riding it every day to work :)

That said the hub motor was simpler to ride of course, but no where near as comfortable or capable in bumpy and hilly terrain as my new one.

[/quote]
Nice job, especially hiding the wiring.
Does the battery bag hit the back of the seat when the suspension compresses?[/quote]

The battery is below the seat but the bag does hit the seat. I will be replacing the seat post with a straight one. I have also removed the rear shock and checked full compression and I am okay. This will see 95% street use. Just a comfortable ride.

Before :

And after;

Motor MXUS V2, 4Tx16, power 6.5 kW
Controller 15FET 70A with regen braking 0.8 kW
20S6P Samsung 20Q, 72V
GPS Tracking
70+ Km/h
Sold last week..

Now plan is only 1kw on Cannondale..Trek was danger :)

Very nice Trek 4300. I love hardtails with big hub motors.

I built this entire electric bicycle for less than $200 using Craigslist and recycled Ryobi batteries. The entire build is documented on Youtube at https://youtu.be/UthRxU0_Es4

Attachments

• right side.JPG
    right side.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 5,208
DUBRAVKO said:
Before :

And after;

20S6P Samsung 20Q, 72V
GPS Tracking
70+ Km/h
Sold last week..

WOW ! Magnificient.
Where did you get that battery box ??? I want the same !!

Matador

Matador said:
DUBRAVKO said:
Before :

And after;

20S6P Samsung 20Q, 72V
GPS Tracking
70+ Km/h
Sold last week..

WOW ! Magnificient.
Where did you get that battery box ??? I want the same !!

Matador

Made from steel 1mm, than put in black plastification..

:lol: 8)

Please also make a wide front fork and insert the same wheel in there as is in the rear and then mount a Cyclone 3000W middrive to the chain drive!

SlowCo said:
:lol: 8)

Please also make a wide front fork and insert the same wheel in there as is in the rear and then mount a Cyclone 3000W middrive to the chain drive!
Funny you should mention that. I had the same thought....
Robert

Back