E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

The only issue I had was running the 4T 4080 with my Mini-E would occasionally cause the controller to overheat.

Yah, thats all part of that whole inductance load thing. So it appears the H series is compatible with the adaptto then. As far as lam thickness goes, Crystalyte is now reporting all their motors are .035. http://crystalyte.com/

Check it out.

Rix said:
Yah, thats all part of that whole inductance load thing. So it appears the H series is compatible with the adaptto then. As far as lam thickness goes, Crystalyte is now reporting all their motors are .035. http://crystalyte.com/

Check it out.
Thanks Rix!
I did not know they were making them like that now...that makes it a challenging choice for my Alpha build for sure. That H5580 is looking pretty good. :)

Cheers

I did not know they were making them like that now...that makes it a challenging choice for my Alpha build for sure. That H5580 is looking pretty good.

Yah tell me about it! On top of this, I can't make any definitive plans until I know of Adaptto will be back. I have it from a reliable source adaptto is still doing warranty/service work, but no word on production. I did check the website. I noted they finally updated the MAX E DC rating from 140 amps to 160 amps. Maybe this is a good sign they are going to be coming out with an updated batch of controllers. :?

On the weekend I caught up with a mate who has just had his B52 upgraded by Stealth in Melbourne. They supplied him a bigger pack and motor, and man does it rip. Only slight downside was some extra decibels from the motor and the regen took longer to start working (not sure why.) After the loop we often ride my battery life was at 17% where his was at 53%. Normally we would be very close in usage. Sweet upgrade even if the price is substantial.

White Knight said:
On the weekend I caught up with a mate who has just had his B52 upgraded by Stealth in Melbourne. They supplied him a bigger pack and motor, and man does it rip. Only slight downside was some extra decibels from the motor and the regen took longer to start working (not sure why.) After the loop we often ride my battery life was at 17% where his was at 53%. Normally we would be very close in usage. Sweet upgrade even if the price is substantial.

Yah, the new Bomber pack is a 22s unit and it packs a punch. I got one sitting in the shop and have ran it against an older pack, its way better. Stealth has and will always be evolving. Stealth is heavy into R&D. I can't disclose any details, but believe me when I say this, if someone has thought of it, Stealth more than likely has a prototype of it.

Yah, the new Bomber pack is a 22s unit and it packs a punch. I got one sitting in the shop and have ran it against an older pack, its way better. Stealth has and will always be evolving. Stealth is heavy into R&D. I can't disclose any details, but believe me when I say this, if someone has thought of it, Stealth more than likely has a prototype of it.[/quote]

At 6.2Kw it’s a noticeable improvement. Top speed limited at 95kph I was told, although more of a torque upgrade than speed. I am saving my pennies for the same works as my pack has done over 700 cycles and the bike has over 20,000 kms. In saying this I have seen no losses so not sure when it will come. I have been very happy with the reliability of my bomber.

White Knight said:
At 6.2Kw it’s a noticeable improvement. Top speed limited at 95kph I was told, although more of a torque upgrade than speed. I am saving my pennies for the same works as my pack has done over 700 cycles and the bike has over 20,000 kms. In saying this I have seen no losses so not sure when it will come. I have been very happy with the reliability of my bomber.

Hi White Knight,
I am wondering how old your battery is and if it has had any extended non-use periods?
I couldn't help but note you have 700 cycles, 20,000km and you haven't noticed any loss.
This seems extraordinary when compared to my experience; similar cycles, half the ks and 1/4 range. My battery is four years old now.
Cheers

White Knight said:
Yah, the new Bomber pack is a 22s unit and it packs a punch. I got one sitting in the shop and have ran it against an older pack, its way better. Stealth has and will always be evolving. Stealth is heavy into R&D. I can't disclose any details, but believe me when I say this, if someone has thought of it, Stealth more than likely has a prototype of it.

At 6.2Kw it’s a noticeable improvement. Top speed limited at 95kph I was told, although more of a torque upgrade than speed. I am saving my pennies for the same works as my pack has done over 700 cycles and the bike has over 20,000 kms. In saying this I have seen no losses so not sure when it will come. I have been very happy with the reliability of my bomber.[/quote]

It would appear you and I have had the same luck with the original new generation pouch cell battery pack made for the Bomber. Mine is tired, its almost 6 years old, and has some where between 10,000 and 16,000 miles on it. I don't know for sure as my Dad was messing with the CA V2.25 and has manually reset the entire system, twice now.

My original Fighter battery did end up being ok, but only after it was replaced in 2012, then repaired (cells replaced) under warranty 3 or 4 times.
I ended up putting about 500 cycles on it and over 15000km. In the end it really started having issues pulling more than 50A and would only give 13-15AH if ridden hard. It would still work fine at lower power levels though, and even after the 500 cycle mark I was able to get 17AH out of it if I limited max amps to around 35.

Now I've just sold it for $300 to a guy who is going to use it on a drift trike. :mrgreen:

Cheers

CJonaBttlrckt said:
White Knight said:

Hi White Knight,
I am wondering how old your battery is and if it has had any extended non-use periods?
I couldn't help but note you have 700 cycles, 20,000km and you haven't noticed any loss.
This seems extraordinary when compared to my experience; similar cycles, half the ks and 1/4 range. My battery is four years old now.
Cheers[/quote

My battery is two and a half years old and has been used consistently in this time at least every three or four days. I drain it to 20% most rides and the bike is kept in fairly constant temperatures. I am aiming for 1000 cycles see how we go.

My battery is two and a half years old and has been used consistently in this time at least every three or four days. I drain it to 20% most rides and the bike is kept in fairly constant temperatures. I am aiming for 1000 cycles see how we go.

I bet you get 1000 cycles easy.

I'm in need of new battery..22ah a nice Improvement from 17ah. I just cannot afford the stealth battery. What are some Stateside alternatives?

Rix said:

Hey I hope so. Rix a friend offered to give me a spare bomber pack in the same condition as mine. As I am lazy to keep swapping the packs to keep it in use, is it worth storing the pack fully charged and will it keep good for some time? Your expertise would be appreciated. Cheers.

White Knight said:
Rix said:

Hey I hope so. Rix a friend offered to give me a spare bomber pack in the same condition as mine. As I am lazy to keep swapping the packs to keep it in use, is it worth storing the pack fully charged and will it keep good for some time? Your expertise would be appreciated. Cheers.

Scrambler said it with 70% for storage. I think think this would mean with the older Bomber LIFpo4 cells, figure on 3.3-3.4 volts per cell at 24 cells. Lifepo4 cells are fully charged at 3.65 volts per cell. So charge to around 79-80 volts. Now the cells will act a little different than lithium Ion because with the older pack, the HVC shuts down around 87.6 volts, then after 24-48 hours or so, the battery's surface voltages settles between 79.9 volts to 80.1 volts. So when you charge it to 79-80 volts, you will see the voltage drop after a day or so. Don't worry about this. That said, if you can use the battery a little (1-2 miles and recharge once a month to about 80 volts, the battery should store for a year or better.

Hey fellas do any of you have Vboxx parts?
im looking for this gear...
26352044409_6da264696e_z.jpg

Rix said:
1abv said:
whats wrong with the gear?

one of the teeth needs some love.. prob would require welding etc but if I could get another one that would be great!

1abv said:
Rix said:
1abv said:
whats wrong with the gear?

one of the teeth needs some love.. prob would require welding etc but if I could get another one that would be great!

Interesting stuff here!
You've been able to disassemble the Vboxx? Did you follow Dlogic videos?
My Vboxx should be repaired as well because I lost 1°, 2° and 4° gear and I was thinking of disassemble it during winter time but when I will find out what's wrong and I will need spare parts where can I find them?

I will need spare parts where can I find them?

I contacted both Suntour North America and Suntour Taiwan for replacement crank arms. Taiwan referred me to contact North America. I never was able to do this. I ultimately purchased crank arms through Stealth. I wonder if maybe contacting them for transmission parts would be the way to go? I will find out.

Rix said:

I contacted both Suntour North America and Suntour Taiwan for replacement crank arms. Taiwan referred me to contact North America. I never was able to do this. I ultimately purchased crank arms through Stealth. I wonder if maybe contacting them for transmission parts would be the way to go? I will find out.

Rix if you can get Stealth to ship spare parts for Vboxx this would be a really big deal for DIY guys like me and others here on the forum.
I for sure will need a new gasket on the right side cover.
Please keep me updated if you have any news about this :D

bigbore said:
Rix said:

Rix if you can get Stealth to ship spare parts for Vboxx this would be a really big deal for DIY guys like me and others here on the forum.

Sure will do Grande Allesagio! Today is Saturday in Australia. I should have an answer by Sunday late afternoon US West Coast time.

Rix said:
bigbore said:
Rix said:

Sure will do Grande Allesagio! Today is Saturday in Australia. I should have an answer by Sunday late afternoon US West Coast time.

Rix,
Yeah if you can find out somthing that would be great! if not I will just get mine welded.

So, I’ve owned the b52 for around 40 days and was almost ready to sell it because I thought it was boring, then I decided to try it in off-road mode, words cannot describe the feeling I get, now my question is how does the b52 perform in sand? I’ve noticing when turning I would fall of the bike

deemos said:
So, I’ve owned the b52 for around 40 days and was almost ready to sell it because I thought it was boring, then I decided to try it in off-road mode, words cannot describe the feeling I get, now my question is how does the b52 perform in sand? I’ve noticing when turning I would fall of the bike

Not sure if you are even concerned about this but i was told Stealth will void your warranty if are doing sand riding and overheat the motor or controller.

Back