Aprilia RS50 with 4kW QS-motor 17" rim

I’m looking at starting similar build with 4000w QS motor. I know yours is still work in progress but Can I ask what max speed you intend to get with your battery/controller combo?

Thanks

Hi Manny

May I ask what the dropout is in real life, with nuts, disc, spacers etc ? I think about a 4kw qs273 in my rear wheel ...

hi csc,

The measurements in this pdf are correct iirc.
hope this helps, if you need a specific measurement let me know

Attachments

• QS 17X3.5 273 BLDC Hub Motor Drawing (1).pdf
    268.7 KB · Views: 211
Hi Manny

I’m just looking at getting a tyre fitted to my QSMotor 17” rear wheel/hub motor and I’ve discovered that 120/70 r17 tyres are really just spec’d for front fittment now only. This gives me an issue with insurance in the UK market if I fit this to a rear wheel.

Can I ask - did you manage to fit a wider profile tyre to yours and not hit any issues with the RS50 swingarm? Thinking 130/80 as the next size up where I can source multiple rear tyres for.

Many thanks

Edit: I can also source a 120/80 tyre which I think will be closer still to the original Aprilia rear wheel/tyre.

Still be good to know what tyre you used here.

Many thanks

I doubt it's much help but I'm literally now getting new tyres fitted on the RF400.

Michelin Pilot Activ 130/90-17 TT/TL 68V Rear wheel, M/C

Michelin Pilot Street Radial 120/70 R17 TT/TL 58H M/C, Front wheel

Had to convert the rim on the Enertrac to tubeless after a puncture.

Ordered them from Eiretyres, I.e. delti.com, loads of choice.

Thanks for the info.

I think I’m going to go 120/80 17 as this looks closest to the original Aprilia in terms of fitting in swingarm plus my QSMotor rim width is only 3.5”

I am struggling a bit finding a local MC tyre shop who will fit for me given the fixed axle on the hub motor wheel.I can have a go at fitting myself but with being tubeless it’s hard to get enough of a blast of pressure in to get the bead to seal.

Do you fit yours yourself?

Manny said:
my intended top speed is 80kmh but i think it will be a bit faster.

My Vespa EV conversion (built by Jim VonBaden, build thread here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109761 ) has a 4kw QS205 motor. Its stop speed is 100 kph. That said, the Vespa has 10" wheels, not 17" wheels,
so, that would be a pretty big difference in RPM vs. MPH. It is possibly you'll have higher top speed, with less max possible acceleration, or maybe the motor for the 17" wheel is designed for more torque, lower RPM to compensate.

The Vespa has a Kelly KLS7245 controller. See the build thread for settings info.

Back