N.E.S.E. the no solder module

I think i found a nice bms(not pcm this time) to fit into 6P NESE module. It will be 10S 30A solution with built in blutooth and android app to set parameters and view cell state. Kust need to figure out BT drain

Love the 8 cell module
Any update on when the hardware be in?
Website shows it is on backorder

Ordered BMS. Will adopt 6P case to house bms and have 15S connector for balancing. It will be possible to build a battery of upto 14S with upto 30A discharge/charge current or unlimited discharge/30A charge currents using contactors. Bluetooth module will be integrated so whole battery including BMS in seamless design. Smart battery from now on :)

The tabs are made. Some issues with plating but being corrected.
1ul5jSK.jpg

Started designing BMS enclosure to fit the NESE design. BMS will be available up to 15S and 30A charge/discharge or unlimited discharge/30A charge with external disconnect (controller logic or contactor hard disconnect).
First i was gonna implement 15pin JST XH 2.5mm connector at the top of the modules (Need 16pin but that does not fit), but it introduced a second wiring loom failure point and i could not utilize full 15S capability, only 14S max. Also this meant a lot more work so more expensive. I started to look for grommets online just realizing that i can print them the way i need. here is what i came up with. The grommet will exit 16 wires to 15 cells or less depending on system voltage. Here are couple of teaser pics:
nEE52Yw.jpg

6tsOkpV.jpg

dWeFXzT.jpg

Minimum enclosure size is 6P or 123mm in length.

Got some tools and supplies. Will start making test samples of BMS harnesses.

jjcTuFY.jpg

P.S. Just this once i can offer a pre-built battery, 10S6P with bluetooth BMS and chosen cell type from www.nkon.nl with free assembly for EU.

This is so awesome...looking forward towards the 8P module as well.

Would you mind sharing the sizing details for each module as well? That will help us plan the configuration (series & parallel) that will fit within the space requirements.

Many thanks!

Hi. Thanks mate. Probably you have missed it but there was a link to my website. If you would follow this link: http://18650.lt/index.php/resources/ you can find there all dimensions, technical drawings, approximate weight, 3D view and other information.
Thank you

Thank you! Not sure why I completely missed it! The measurements are indeed extremely helpful!

Speaking of which - are you planning to come up w/ 10P or 9P? Thx a bunch!

Hi. No, i will not do 9P and 10P. I just payed hefty sum for punch dies and its all i am planed for. 9P and 10P are very large and you are arriving at the point where there are cells that could be acquired for good price.
On the other hand, if you have a means of printing i could scale it up to whatever size quick, but you will need to work out how to join additional 2P of tab. i just don't think its viable. The current path for the last cell increases. I don't think it will increase by amount it will be significant to influence cell somewhat but still.
If you need 10P, you could just use 2 x 5P, parallel 2 modules then series them to whatever voltage.

Hello Agniusm,

Does hardware (hardware set, printed modules 6p) are avail for a 6p20s ?

It still expecting to ship on 21.11.2017 on your website !

Regards

Hi. I am receiving bus bars tomorrow, inspecting and this week i should start shipping. There are assembled modules on my website too so you can just purchase them and add other bits like series busbars, protection caps if you need them. On a 20S battery 19 series busbars required and 19 twin caps plus 2 single caps (different colors available).
Regards, Agnius

Looking for help with some of the 3d printer settings as I'm a noobie. Using Cura with a CR-10.

Seems these settings are for a different slicer, and just named differently in Cura.

Perimeters - 4

Bottom solid layers - 5

Top solid layers - 6

Thanks for any help.

Hi. For cura you will need some math :)
Perimeter is shell thickenss in cura expressed in mm. 4 perimeters will equal 1.6mm in cura.
Top and bottom solid layers would mean that you need to multiply 0.2 × = 0.8mm and 0.2 × 5 = 1mm
You also need to find a setting to fill small gaps. Particular place to watch is bottom enclosure part at the top where the groove is located for lid.
I will look it up later for you cause i have cura but not use it

Or just go to Settings>Setting Visibility and in 'Shell' check "Wall line Count","Top Layers" and "Bottom Layers". After that you get new fields in Cura settings list, line count change will recalculate shell thickness automatically. :wink:

Back