Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, sure enough, 45 minutes after sun down, the dog starts barking in the woods directly in front of my property, where a well established "let's make meth" site exists (But I wasn't aware they've been using it recently?). Uh huh, yeah... okay... then his barking started going to the left towards my meth neighbor's property, apparently following the guy as he was going back home. I would laugh if I didn't think there would be possible retailation, lol.

New kroger girl got engaged. Left hand, fourth finger. I think that's the engagement ring finger?

Anyway, no sense of loss on my part. She appeared conventionally physically attractive but I personally didn't find her attractive. I guess if I were to say my ideal girl was somewhere on either end of the madonna-whore complex, it probably wouldn't be madonna, lol. Not something I'm proud to admit, but it's just something I've noticed in retrospect with the kind of girls that seem to attract me, lol.

So they're gonna shoot the dog, and it isn't even yours. I'd guess that this is an example of people dumping their unwanted pets outside of town, which usually brings an unhappy ending. Getting shot is not unusual for the dogs. My sister had two dogs suddenly turn up at her place, a lot quite a bit bigger than yours. Before long they'd both been shot, one was still alive and she nursed it back to health. The theory goes it was some poacher that shot them when the dogs came up to them on my sister's land. But we'll never know.

So one night after it had recovered it was barking bloody murder, so she let it out. It's going to come back stinking if it catches the skunk, right? Suddenly she hears some guy swearing and the dog is growling around, then a car starts almost immediately. Might even have been the guy who'd shot it.

swbluto said:
New kroger girl got engaged. Left hand, fourth finger. I think that's the engagement ring finger?

4th finger? Pinkie? Do you know what finger the wedding band would go on? Any relevant ring would go on that finger.

swbluto said:
Anyway, no sense of loss on my part.

Oh, right, not like she worked at H.E.B. or anything.

swbluto said:
I guess if I were to say my ideal girl was somewhere on either end of the madonna-whore complex, it probably wouldn't be madonna, lol. Not something I'm proud to admit, but it's just something I've noticed in retrospect with the kind of girls that seem to attract me, lol.

I, meanwhile, take no interest in the sporting trash that I can't get rid of. The good girl type wants nothing to do with me. So tragic. . . .

Dauntless said:
The good girl type wants nothing to do with me. So tragic. . . .

I'm not saying this is universally true, it probably isn't, but most "good girls" want nothing to do with anyone. And, that's OK, it seems like persevering interest and persistence can win these girls over, it just seems to take a bit more than the trashier girls. It seems you really have to IGNORE that they're passively disinterested in you and keep moving in on them, as my dad's story recounts. Of course, if they hate your guts, it might be wise to back off but that should be intuitive if that's ever the case.

This guy gets it, a "little" on the trashy side.

[youtube]WpKUFXHxJa8[/youtube]

Looks like this guy is performing multiple times in Austin this month according to google. If I didn't know any better, I'd surmise he lives in Austin,TX.

Dauntless said:
I, meanwhile, take no interest in the sporting trash that I can't get rid of.

Is that what usually happens? They stick around like a lost lil puppy and they never leave?

Dang, I wouldn't have minded that with the HEB chick, lol.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

4th finger? Pinkie? Do you know what finger the wedding band would go on? Any relevant ring would go on that finger.

After seeing me looking at her ring finger, she was twiddling with it and she was all sorts of giggly and happy above and beyond normal, telling me it was likely recent. See, there's context clues, too.

swbluto said:
I'm not saying this is universally true, it probably isn't, but most "good girls" want nothing to do with anyone.

Um. there's talking in a circle. The good girl type tends to have this tunnel vision of exactly the guy. They also have this way of keeping it secret that they're dating, I suppose it's the way of keeping their net in the water. But for all the playing up their availability, the guys are mostly not good enough, which they so enjoy thinking from the security of their bad relationship they kid themselves over. I think largely they are kidding themselves with so many of these guys, but of course it's not their own fault that they're only into dirtbags who are willing to play the game.

By "Stick around" you'd need to include not just the won't take no for an answer crowd but the problem of going somewhere and there's some junkie in the room and, awww hell, guess who she tries to lock onto. It's like gum with a guided missile system looking for the same shoes all the time.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
I'm not saying this is universally true, it probably isn't, but most "good girls" want nothing to do with anyone.

Um. there's talking in a circle. The good girl type tends to have this tunnel vision of exactly the guy. They also have this way of keeping it secret that they're dating, I suppose it's the way of keeping their net in the water. But for all the playing up their availability, the guys are mostly not good enough, which they so enjoy thinking from the security of their bad relationship they kid themselves over. I think largely they are kidding themselves with so many of these guys, but of course it's not their own fault that they're only into dirtbags who are willing to play the game.

By "Stick around" you'd need to include not just the won't take no for an answer crowd but the problem of going somewhere and there's some junkie in the room and, awww hell, guess who she tries to lock onto. It's like gum with a guided missile system looking for the same shoes all the time.

Tunnel vision for the most visible/audible/noticeable/dominant guy in the room (like a magician, performer, musician, vocalist, druggy, the poet, the leader, etc.), that applies to just about every hetero girl. The solution is to become THAT guy, or get your girls in one on one situations (diadic contexts) [I can think of quiet contexts (library, barnes and noble, coffee shop,etc.) and one-on-one situations, like customer-cashier or online dating platforms.]. Now if the girl has a legitimate case of one-itis, which does happen, then I don't know if there is a solution for that. I haven't been in too many situations where the girl really had her heart sold on one guy, and the one time I did, I didn't reliably prove an effective way of resolving that. I didn't have a lot of "game" at that particular time, either, and it was online, too, so not really a practical example.

like a magician, performer, musician, vocalist, druggy, the poet,the dj, the leader, etc.),

It's interesting, I thought about the commonality between these, and i just realized they all are controlling and influencing the emotions of the crowd. Coincidentally, the HEB chick was doing a pretty good job of controlling my emotions, and I found her hot. So, yeah, I think that might be it: those people who are good at influencing the emotions in others. There seems to be two sides to this: 1) capability and 2) Lack of inhibition / not-holding-yourself-back/being-yourself-spontaneous. I think doing something you thoroughly enjoy (Like cutting down trees, lol, or taking drugs, lol) helps tremendously, because the strong positive emotions are especially attractive.

My cheeks are consistently warm and my movement is a lot calmer now, it seems, with a dog in my possession. He doesn't lick me like he loves me (Might not be an affectionate dog), but his tail wags when he sees me and he follows me, lol.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=madonna-whore%20complex

A man with a madonna-whore complex is a man who will sleep with and lust for a sexual and beautiful woman but he will never respect her as "wife" material and he will never marry her. In his eyes, she is tainted, impure, unworthy of the status of wife---yet he may possess passionate and contradictory feelings for her. He may even be in love with her but will never allow himself to be with her in any real sense.
He will look for a "good girl" to marry---usually a woman who is cold sexually but, for example, is good at "wifely" domestic things: cooking, cleaning, homemaking in general, etc. A proper, pure "madonna" type woman who will bear his children.

I think I'm getting a better sense of what this actually is. These sexual girls being whores who lack faithfulness and readily cheat whenever a man expresses interest (And she might've be trying to provoke said interest like the HEB chick), aren't the type that would make ideal marital partners. Marital partners are, ideally, faithful. [Oddly enough, it is called the "whore complex', lol. A well known adage is you can't turn a ho into a housewife. I think it's probably more accurate to say you can't turn a ho into a faithful housewife; it might even impact marital longevity, if hos tend to have short term relationships. A short marriage with a ho might not be a good idea if short marriages are not a good idea.]

Of course, it's possible to imagine there is such a thing as a faithful sexual girl, but the strong suspicion of a whore when they're a little bit too sexual doesn't readily wear off. Also, when they seem just a bit too easy. A good girl seems to require persistence, the easy girls seem to pretty quickly yield when pressure and interest is applied. The fact the HEB chick seemed both sexually provocative and easy does tend to make me think she's a whore. But, I suspect maybe she was easy because I was especially persuasive/seductive and flipped her "boyfriend switch" (I definitely flipped a switch, there's no question about that.), and not because she really was a whore.

swbluto said:
Dauntless said:
The good girl type tends to have this tunnel vision of exactly the guy.

Tunnel vision for the most visible/audible/noticeable/dominant guy in the room (like a magician, performer, musician, vocalist, druggy, the poet, the leader, etc.), that applies to just about every hetero girl.

Well, no. Just whatever idea she got in her head. Sometimes a guy all too much like her father, including her fathers' age. Fat like her father. Amazing these good girl types might not have a good father, but they then seek out a bad guy just like him. Tunnel vision for good, bad, whatever, but they're not open to suggestion.

swbluto said:
(diadic contexts)

Didactic? Dyadic? Not sure if you mean you can "Teach" them to be impressed or that you can do some of your favored "Cornering and trapping" them into boy/girl situations whether they want it or not. I don't really go for that. I like when they already have the right idea and don't need to be dragged kicking and screaming to success. I realize I've just eliminated most of the world's women, but I only need one, dammit.

You're getting to first base with the dog, eh? Might be a good idea to remember the old Kevin Bacon song. 'Too Much Information.' I mean the same 'Free the Bacon' Kevin Bacon sang the song that made the expression great. Can you believe? Can you dig it?

[youtube]WQAVBK5dasI[/youtube]
[youtube]3Dt3IrdampY[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
(diadic contexts)

Didactic? Dyadic? Not sure if you mean you can "Teach" them to be impressed or that you can do some of your favored "Cornering and trapping" them into boy/girl situations whether they want it or not. I don't really go for that. I like when they already have the right idea and don't need to be dragged kicking and screaming to success. I realize I've just eliminated most of the world's women, but I only need one, dammit.

Dyadic.

Cornering and trapping them, lol, I'm not suggesting you just do it arbitrarily, but because there's a definite connection between you and the girl and there's a "heat of the moment" going on that compels action. The fact she's moved as such means that maybe she intellectually didn't want it prior, she definitely wanted it at least emotionally after, so she's not really feeling like she's being hoodwinked and dragged into, but like you just opened windows to worlds she barely knew existed and wants more. That's not exactly a girl who "feels trapped", even though the situation might seem like it.

Lol, hot trying to running bases, lol. I'm mostly trying to see what kind of attachment he has to me, so far, 2 days in... not much. But at least some.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
Dauntless said:
The good girl type tends to have this tunnel vision of exactly the guy.

Tunnel vision for the most visible/audible/noticeable/dominant guy in the room (like a magician, performer, musician, vocalist, druggy, the poet, the leader, etc.), that applies to just about every hetero girl.

Well, no. Just whatever idea she got in her head. Sometimes a guy all too much like her father, including her fathers' age. Fat like her father. Amazing these good girl types might not have a good father, but they then seek out a bad guy just like him. Tunnel vision for good, bad, whatever, but they're not open to suggestion.

Locked onto the idea of a certain kind of guy, like a checklist...

Most girls don't follow a checklist...

They are largely moved by their emotions. their "gut feeling".

Now, certain kinds of guys are more effective at emotionally/sexually moving them, I guess if you mean "that kind of guy", you're probably right on that point... but it definitely doesn't come down to physical attributes. Now race /might/ be important in some cases...

I kind of wonder if this area is like marriage country. Or if white culture tends to be more marriage-focused. It seems like I get this idea of dating and boyfriend/girlfriend from the internet and everything, but it seems like everyone I know is eloping and/or getting married and it seems like all the girls I've known who've moved in that direction were pushing marriage. I get the sense that among many white girls, sex=marriage, even though I get a different idea from reading the internet. I get the sense that these "many white girls" have a christian background and that's probably why. And christianity is a white culture thing, yes it is.

so...

white -> christanity -> sex=marriage

So it seems like many many times...

white -> sex=marriage

HD prices today.

2x6 8 ft = 4.58

2x10 16 ft = 14.16

2x12 16 ft = 20.63

For an 8x16 construction, ceiling joists.

If I go left-to-right, I need seven 2x6s and one 16 ft 2x12 if I go front-to-back (I need a 2x12 to support the 2x6s), I need four 2x10s 16 feet if I go front-back.

First option would cost 7*4.58 + 20.63 = 52.69, second would cost 4*14.16=56.64

The price difference is minor enough, I might just go with 2x10 16 feet for ceiling joists. Less question about their suitability.

---------------

If I build a 8x16 frame, but sheath for 8x12, I end up eliminating four 4x8s, which is about $60. I would have to address the gaps, so the cost savings would likely be around $50. Makes me think I should just build for 8x16, would likely appreciate the extra space anyway. An indoor shower would be nice. Outdoor showers in mosquito country is a bad idea, always on the move, can't stand still. I don't have room for an indoor shower currently, no room in the RV.

http://www.awc.org/codes-standards/calculators-software/spancalc

Taking another look.

Looks like a 2x12 /stud/ has a maxium span of 13 feet ceiling. Looks like I'd need trusses for 16 feet.

Or, I could do the 8 foot widths, and then construct a single truss for the 16 foot length at the end for supporting the 8 foot studs.

With that plan, I'd need 2x8 8 footers spaced 16 inches apart, and then a 16 foot truss at the end supporting the 2x8s.

I suspect that'd be a lot cheaper than four 16 foot trusses.

Dauntless said:
Oh, right, not like she worked at H.E.B. or anything.

lol, that's probably right. Because she's not the HEB chick, lol. [I'm kidding, no the HEB chick was awesome in a way few are.]

I keep thinking about that definition of a trophy wife, a wife chosen for evincing the social status of the male in having such a beautiful wife.

I think about the HEB chick, was she a trophy? I don't know man... she just made me really horny, lol. She probably was beautiful, but that's only incidental, or it might be somewhat causal. I think her provocations were the /most/ causal.

Googled sexual provocations because that seemed to be what she was doing.

Sexual teasing is a form of provocation characterized by the promise of sexual contact followed by withdrawal. The intention is to frustrate or cause tension in the target and incorporates some use of power of one person over another.

Interesting to think she was a tease. If that's the case, it's funny how quickly it became a non-tease with my person, lol. I kind of think that's how it usually happens, they think they're simply teasing for the feeling of power, but then they fall for someone who steals their heart.

This idea of causing tension is interesting, because it's not a bad thing. Tension is quite enjoyable. Maybe it's the reciprocated tension that's enjoyable and not so much frustrated tension. That does seem pretty likely. HEB chick was the former, the first Kroger chick was the latter. Although I'd be hard pressed to call that "sexual tension" as if she was teasing me, lol.

swbluto said:

So what you should have said is locked onto the idea of a certain kind of guy, like a "Gut feeling."

[youtube]t9i6rF64tdU[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

So what you should have said is locked onto the idea of a certain kind of guy, like a "Gut feeling."

Lol, that might be true, but what I'm suggesting it's not so much the "kind of guy" she's locking onto, it's his actions/behaviors that's she's locking onto that most any guy can have. I can't say that I definitely know that kind of guy, but it might be "the badboy" who's not afraid of making a move. It might be the "rising social climber". It might be "The center of attention". It might be "The high earning provider". It could also very well be the "good guy" who's not afraid of making a move, lots suggests that's what most girls are really looking for. Hell, it probably has nothing to do with 'good' or 'bad', it's just simply about flirting, teasing and making moves along with some suggestion of income/wealth. Probably usually sometime after the suggestion. (The "landlord jingling the coins in his pocket while going for the kiss" in Seattle was doing just that; making a move and suggesting wealth at the same time.)

By the way, if a girl says she prefers a certain kind of guy suggesting you're not one, here's what she's really doing: She's turning you down. She might or might not actually be into that kind of guy. Granted, if a girl says she prefers assholes, then it seems fairly probable and she surprisingly knows what she wants.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/5-most-common-relationship-problems-020724516.html#mycomments

The 5 Most Common Relationship Problems, According To Therapists

Isaiah 11 hr ago
They forgot the biggest one of all: Money.
Hide replies Reply 16 1
King Cobra Drinkers 8 hr ago
yes, nothing is important than anything , no money no honey, lol

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=No%20money%2C%20no%20honey.

No money, no honey.

A spoken expression: In its original and quasi-literal form, used by prostitutes to inform interested men that they have no interest in being chatted-up or smooth talked, that the only way for sex to occur is through cash payment. The word honey is used as a metaphor for the female genitalia.

A non-spoken attitude or mindset: In its modern, derived form, an understanding or implied contract between a man and woman, stating if the man wants sex on a continued, long-term basis, he must then provide money or gifts on a similarly continued, long-term basis in exchange for the sex.
Example 1: Look baby, don't waste my time with all that smooth talk, OK? This is a money game. No money, no honey.

Example 2: Dude, I'm so tired of my high-maintenance, trophy-ass wife. I can't even get laid anymore without first promising to buy her something outrageously expensive. Just today we were getting ready to fool around when out of nowhere she tells me she wants a new Rolex. Man, I'm so sick of this 'no money, no honey' bullshit from my own wife.

I don't think every girl is a spendthrift who ties monetary payments with sexual satisfaction. But, I suspect most will try, and those guys who comply /THE MOST'/ will be found the least attractive. But, if they truly are a prostitute in form as urban dictionary suggests, that should become obvious soon enough. I feel sorry for the sucker who didn't find out until after getting married, but I could see some manipulative women abusing their position of power within the American legal system context. In Saudi Arabia, no way in hell they'd get away with it, lol.

n a Seinfeld episode Elaine said "I hate men but Im not a lesbian".

I have similar feelings about women but Im not gay. No more "relationships" for me. I dont want "love" or "commitment". Casual friendships, casual sex, friends with benefits are OK but nothing "serious".

What... How does he have a problem with love and commitment and seriousness? I can theoretically understand male promiscuity, but they must just not get the same affect from love/commitment/faithfulness than I do. And I swear I'm not just playing to the desires of women in saying that. Perversely, these guys probably go for the faithful good girls, while I apparently go for the unfaithful sluts, lol. (Purely theoretical there, I'm just guessing)

Granted, maybe I don't know what I really want just yet. I might be a true man-whore underneath it all.

I swear the HEB chick was pure love, though. Now that I think of, the HEB chick encounter definitely proved I'm not a man-whore, lol.

Now I figured out the ceiling arrangement, time for the floor.

Since the floors end beams will be supported by blocks, it doesn't need trussing. The non-supported free floating floor joists should be 8 foot 2x8s.

----------------

Now thinking of the single 16 foot truss for the ceiling, does it need to have diagonal members between the top of the bottom of the truss, or can it be purely vertical members? The latter would seem easier to arrange and assemble.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-find-out-if-a-girl-is-using-you-or-really-loves-you

How do you find out if a girl is using you or really loves you?

She always texts or calls you when she is horny (Yes that happens!) or when she needs some help.

Oh, isn't that a crying shame. Your girlfriend using you for sex, boohoo. lol

I suspect maybe the HEB chick was hoping to use me for sex. Buy, you know, probably vice versa. So, really no qualms there.

2) The foolproof test- She never maintains any eye contact with you. Eye contact comes naturally to lovers but not someone who is not in love with you. Also she will never get closer than an arm length to you.

Isn't that interesting. After I made extensive eye contact with her and she became sentimentally overwhelmed with the intense overtures of love, she went from two arm lengths down to less than one in a flash. Yeah, so she doesn't love you, make some eye contact with her! lol

This dog sucks. Not playful, doesn't play fetch, not affectionate (Doesn't lick), she readily plays the woe-is-me victim card, and she doesn't know when to shut the h up, lol, woke me at 3:23 a.m. last night, lol.

You might think the victim card might be because she's been abused, lol, no... I have enough experience to know that some dogs take crap in stride(Mainly the affectionate, playful, domineering ones, like the queen bee) and others sulk back and play the victim.

I'm using her until I get to pick my own, then it'll be curtains for her, lol.

I staked her to the very back to get her as far away from me as possible at night. I figure her bark might not wake me up.

Dauntless said:
Kind of how I figured you'd treat women.

Lol, I choose my women carefully, they don't just throw them selves at me and just stick around. The HEB chick was definitely not an excuse making unplayful moper waking me up at 3 a.m., lol. She was like my favorite pug, an affectionate playful queen bee, I never had any complaints about that creature.

But she's still a dog, obviously. Just like the terrified refuge you tied up. Which of course has no idea what this victim card is that you say it's playing. Usually you have to DO something to get the dog to be friendly with you, build a relationship, etc. I wonder if it understands you're plotting to kill it. I wonder if whomever dropped it out there tied it up the way you do. I'm sure it fully understands it just can't catch a break. Perhaps at the time you choose to execute it you'll have it to the point where it will welcome death as an old friend, finally here to rescue it.

But you won't have any feelings about that. Afterall, it's just a wo---er, DOG!

Dauntless said:
But she's still a dog, obviously. Just like the terrified refuge you tied up. Which of course has no idea what this victim card is that you say it's playing. Usually you have to DO something to get the dog to be friendly with you, build a relationship, etc. I wonder if it understands you're plotting to kill it. I wonder if whomever dropped it out there tied it up the way you do. I'm sure it fully understands it just can't catch a break. Perhaps at the time you choose to execute it you'll have it to the point where it will welcome death as an old friend, finally here to rescue it.

But you won't have any feelings about that. Afterall, it's just a wo---er, DOG!

I don't kill domestic animals, dude, not my thing. I just mean I'll drop her off somewhere far from here late at night. But I'll need to get a replacement first, right now as long as she's not waking me up at 3 a.m., she's OK. And, I just recently heard her bark and that'd be unlikely to wake me, so this looks promising. I misjudged, she's still a little loud, maybe I'll go ahead and make her a sound-proof dog house and I'll stick her in at night.

For the pool, I just thought about it. Since it seems like sourcing adequate pool liner for this custom application will be hard, what kind of techniques could I use to waterproof the wood?

I'm thinking I'd get some kind of treated plywood (Not OSB, don't think it'd take the paint well enough?), then I'd paint it with an oil based primer and then latex paint. Then caulk up all the edges. Would that work?

For the latex paint, I'm thinking light blue like sky blue.

----------------------------

Just went to homedepot to get wood for the soundproof dog-house and picked up a $5 miter box, and screwed it down to a 2x4 that's ontop of my tornado box (Picked up a screw kit from harbor freight, along with a nuts&bolt and washer kit), and this thing works like a dream on 2x4s! Split 8 footers into 4 footers lickety split. I MUCH prefer this over the radial saw for cutting 2x4s. The radial saw would be ideally used for cutting 4x8s.

While at home depot, I noticed it was significantly cheaper to double up on 8 footers than to buy a 16 footer. 2.52 for 8 feet, 9.53 for the 16 footer.

I wonder if the same is true for 12 feet?

As of today, 2x4 yellow pine stud (According to site):

8 ft - $2.39
12 ft - $4.98 [2.08x the 8ft. price]
16 ft - $6.84 [2.86x the 8ft price]

Output of generator at no-load is 118v, varies from 116v-122v. Underload at 450 watts, varies from 107v-111v. Think I could boost it from 120v to 130v safely with the transformer and would help eliminate the UPS's AVR boost which kills the battery. If that doesn't work, I'll go ahead and try the inverter method and skip the UPS. Just wire up a fully charged lead acid battery, capacitor in parallel with the rectifier in series feeding directly into the inverter, with the input DC voltage designed for 13V. Think that should work?

Saw that plywood could be had for $19.xx, compared to 15.35 for OSB. That looks promising for keeping down the cost of the swimming pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back