MUSIC thread

My Day, Week, Year, And possibly lifetime has been rocked by two women I Never knew about. They are both so POWERFUL.

Meg Myers (check out 'Desire' . . . and a half dozen more)

Tove Lo ('discotits', and others')

Also, pretty good vids for both. (ESP as noted :oops: )

Why I hadn't heard and seen this audio and visual creative and informative information is astounding. They should be at the top of the 'charts' imo.

Anyway, my world is ROCKED . . . How do you want me?

Let me get this straight. You LIKE getting blown away by good looking women who really can sing and all that, eh? I could set you up with such a string of them.

Let's see. PJ Harvey?

[youtube]A29BMj3v86w[/youtube]

[youtube]73cY3ft7h5s[/youtube]

Oh cool the forum is new. Alot of websites are new too. and alot of new shit from china is available. I am amazed at this year. Someone should tie this in politically./? / / / in the political thread(s) :!:

Anyway, Yeah I recognize Power when I see it. Esp if it's not too prideful/boastful/ or overwhelming in bull. That Meg Myers omg. I should pray for Adelaide. . . . Lemon eyes . . . . Motel . . . . Sorry . .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym1J5IAk2P4 . . Oh and 'after you' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFoKnSe7M4Y
[youtube]iFoKnSe7M4Y [/youtube]

Anyway that's about it for me since then. To post here right now :wink:

nutspecial said:
I am amazed at this year. Someone should tie this in politically./? / / / in the political thread(s) :!:

Anyway, Yeah I recognize Power when I see it. . .Anyway that's about it for me since then. To post here right now :wink:

BLINK! Did I miss something????

Ah, forget politically, too many people are just using that as an opportunity to hate. Tie it into society and I say Al Franken will wind up setting the standard for dealing with false accusations with the way he deals with TRUE accusations. Caught on tape, as they used to say. Not only doing it, but having acknowledged in IN THE SENATE years before the accusations flew. And yet he's saying he's not going to resign even as he's ostracized, etc. It might blow over by the 2020 election.

So if Al stays when he's guilty, what about all the victims of "Me Too" with the false allegations, with nothing back it up or even to listen to? Kevin Spacey's dicey accuser has ruined his life with their being no reason to believe, George Takei (Whom I've worked with, damn that's one kewl gentleman) making the mistake of shooting his mouth off about someone else and getting himself on the radar.

So in that roundabout way Al might have done society a favor by being a bad boy and living in the 'Al Franken Decade' even after that decade was over.

[youtube]SyoMvTgetGg[/youtube]

Since nice ladies (especially the Victoria Secret ones) are all the rage and in the news :

[youtube]3mCeEYExo_g[/youtube]

Another video to recommend from this same group is 'was ist hier los', this one requires a stronger stomach:

[youtube]BGthmYzpGv0[/youtube]

The text is very good but, well, in German... (I mean who doesn't speak German ?)

Both songs benefit from playing through a proper sound system, not some tinny laptop speakers as this doesn't do them justice...

Dam I wish I could get my post back from That ^^^^ day to post in the thread 'Cry'. I cried.

Anyway, GD what an awesome year day week second etc. All to balance. Besides that really intuitive solsteppy, and the awesome Powerful Meg Myers, and apparently vanilla (Just cuz shez popular) Halesy, I am totally getting into

'Birdy'. I ges she plays piano too. Slower but ok for some of the time, and powerful talented. Power is to be respected when recognized at least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8H7cSXlOs
________
And thanks to ol' utube recommended, I heard 'Hey Violet'. Pretty effin cool.

Girls my age don't know . . . . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LzWUAkpNrQ Nice for that sub you just installed. Oh wait that was me haha. Hah

nutnspecial said:
Dam I wish I could get my post back from That ^^^^ day to post in the thread 'Cry'. I cried.

So traumatic you can't just remember? Or more than you can take to type it again?

Yeah, Birdie is kewl. Wrote and sang some of the most heartfelt music as a teenager.

So I'm running into this old girlfriend, she's with the guy she dumped me for so of course she's ignoring me as always. It turns out I ask the waitress what this crazy song was and she says you know who asked her after her bf didn't know. So I figured it out and pulled it up on the phone here. Told the waitress, told the bf, didn't tell her because she'd have ignored me anyway.I'm always the best source there is.

[youtube]pBqhUarhaAU[/youtube]

I guess it was a bit too much to ask that Al stay strong. The Democrats are of course going to desert him because they want the targets to be eaten alive even when it's not true, Al of course confessed after they showed they had the goods on him. But it's just negative reinforcement for them to collect a victim.

There's some Birdy for ya. Compare to another english woman in London Grammar.

[youtube]kTuLDimhKaY[/youtube]

[youtube]Wo80bXyEbkE[/youtube]

Man, this thread is like dying out. I could do one on UNUSUAL music, but this would work fine here.

So the British offer up their rendition of an old west dance hall. I'm familiar with this bunch being called Ottawan and Legs and Company, don't know what is correct.

[youtube]92b72UmW27Y[/youtube]

Tme was you had weekly shows on the top music for that week. The U.S. had 'American Bandstand' and 'Shebang,' England had 'Top of the Pops,' etc. So there would be various dance companies within these shows, as well as appearing on variety shows, it was a real TV staple. For all the remarks that basically added up to saying they were less than impressed, television had weekly fresh programming of new dance choreography, held back a little because they had days to plan and rehearse and they'd only perform it once anyway. Now people look back at this and say they were lightyears ahead of us now, when there's so little of that currently you'd be hard pressed to come close to it today.

Ah well, one resident company with 'Top of the Pops' was 'Pan's People,' whom I've been reading about. Amazing how snowflake style politics could so influence the sudden end of so popular a group and even crash some careers. They're just dancing.

[youtube]GeHd8OniTBM[/youtube]

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
you (i.e. not me) iz 1disturbed puppy.

So let's see. What you're saying is that at the 7 hour time difference you posted at just after last call at your time, at which time you're at your utmost in clarity and you thought you'd typo that message. It would be funny if you weren't just so tragic.

Hehe... Notice the bikes they're riding... :mrgreen: Peelander-Z - "Bike Bike Bike" (Elton John much?)
[youtube]QWwHCLbBd5w[/youtube]

[youtube]HXm8JdC4k4c[/youtube]

So it just seems to me the OP seems to prefer the beautiful women who still display the artistic virtuousity and discipline rather than riding on their looks. These women are in three different parts of the world, the U.S., Scotland and India. I had a few more to post, but my computer is being terribly uncooperative right now and I can't bring them up.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1771890626201614&id=100001420810909

On Thursday nights we jam,. Sometimes we press the record button. This is one of those times....(click link above)

You have to read some subtitles on this one, but if you've seen the movie 'Fitzcarraldo,' that's the operahouse. Although 'Fitzcarraldo' is fiction.

https://www.wsj.com/video/welcome-to-the-jungle-opera/1310F066-8FC6-46B1-8C29-3DCD5C516D94.html

Oh, and:

https://nation.com.pk/13-Dec-2015/north-korean-pop-band-sneaks-out-of-china

Back