la Nina rears her ugly head

---------------------------------------------La Niña Rain Gage-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
-------------------------------------------------------------  :)  --------------------------------------------------------------------
Got between 0.03 and 0.04 inch overnight. :)

Unexpected weather today:

Yogi came into the bedroom for my alarm, since that usually means "breakfast time", but he wasn't excited like usual, and shaking like he does when scared of thunder, fireworks, etc.

Walked out with the dogs to find it raining, just tapering off to a drizzle. Couple of booms from distant thunder. (whihc would by why Yogi was scared--but it wasn't enough to keep him from going out and playing, just enough to keep him distracted waiting for the next one, cuz everytime he hears a boom he runs inside, then if Kirin and I don't go he comes back out to see where we are and if we got eated by it. )

Today was supposed to be:
"Partly sunny, with a high near 83. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon"
with no predicted precipitation at all. Also, I can usually tell in my bones, which while achey from the changing weather didn't feel like rain.

So in reality it's going to be scattered showers/sprinkles at least for now. Oh, and the wind, at least up where the clouds are, is going from the east to the west, perhapst a tad toward teh north of west. There isnt' any measurable breeze down here where I am.

Not that I'm complaining about the rain--I need it for the plants...but it is nice to be have some idea when it's going to happen so I can put stuff away outside that might not like it. ;)

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/weus/h5-loop-ft.html
Atmospheric River Pineapple Express taking aim at NorCali. Not expected to reach this far into SoCali. Thanksgiving forecast is for88°F with sunny skies.
:D

An atmospheric river event will bring heavy rains and rising snow levels to the Pacific Northwest and northwest California early this week. Snow levels will rise above 8,000 feet, and 4 to 7 inches of rain is forecast for the southwest facing slopes of the mountains. Minor river and localized flooding will be possible.

We got a taste of that last week, but now it going just north of me, so I should stay mostly dry. We are way behind the totals this time last year.

But it was really nice out riding. The ground was moist but not sticking to the tires. Leaves perfect waffle tracks where you go.

Next chsnce for us:

Monday
A 30 percent chance of showers after 10am. Areas of fog after 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 56.
Monday night
A 30 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of fog before 10pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Got to rake those leaves tomorrow, might be able to turn off the sprinklers after it rains. :mrgreen:

Was suposed to be sunny about 87F today, but it got cloudy early on and never got past 80F. Not gonna complain (except teh weather change makes my bones ache).

No sign of rain at any level, but at least it's nice and cool.

Now teh forecast says partly cloudy for most of this coming week, and 30% chance of rain starting Saturday thru Monday.

The fingers said:

I read your report. That is a strange problem. Try clearing your browser cache and make sure your bookmark to ES starts with https and not http.

Back more on topic, all mention of rain has been removed from my forecast for the foreseeable future. Back to drought I guess. On the plus side, that means I'll be able to ride more.

Got just a trace last night. Enough to make the ground wet. Back to dry for at least a week they say. Starting to look like a drought again.

But riding conditions have been great.

Been back to about 80F highs, and down to below 50F lows (48F last night). Today was supposed to drop in temperature a few degrees but so far it's actually hotter than previously (but I'll take it vs the summer!)

Tomorrow supposed to drop 10 degrees, then creep back up a degree or two per day the next few days.

It's good weather for building things outside, so I'm working on my brother's trike here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80951&p=1334637&hilit=raine#p1329115

Totally weird MN weather. 62F yesterday and 23F for a high today. A very warm first few days of December. Snowless, and none predicted. Another strange start to winter...

Was supposed to be 71F today, didn't even hit 66F. Was supposed to be sunny, but was cloudy the whole day, and then it actually rained (not just a sprinkle) for a couple minutes or more in my area (and varying amounts at other places in teh valley), around 8pm-ish.

Is around 55F now, expected to drop to 48F. Last night it was supposed to get down to about that,but it got to 40F at my place. I expect the trees are going to start really dropping leaves now.

Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 71. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
Wednesday night
Areas of blowing dust after 10pm. Clear, with a low around 47. Windy, with a northeast wind 30 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.
Thursday
Areas of blowing dust. Sunny, with a high near 68. Windy, with a northeast wind 35 to 40 mph decreasing to 30 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.
Thursday night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45. Northeast wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 74.

Coming home tonight gusts of 40-50 mph, a huge dust cloud nearly covering the entire San Jacinto Valley. Wind around 20 mph when I got home, at the base of the mountains. Everything covered with dust and dirt. Higest winds forecast for daybreak tomorrow. Fires still out of control in LA and Ventura counties. Worst Santa Ana wind event in many years. :twisted:

Sound of the wind woke me up, gusts of 50-60 mph. Sounds like a train rushing by, this is going to be bad.
200,000 people evacuated, 15,000 structures threatened, coastal communities south of Santa Barbara in the fires path. :twisted:

Good time to make sure your fire insurance is up to date.
My daughter lives in Van Nuys, directly downwind of the Creek Fire. The smoke is choking.

Liberty Fire a couple of miles from work. Must have been a dozen airplanes making water drops. Had to take a detour to get home. :shock:
http://abc7.com/liberty-fire-in-murrieta-burns-300-acres-10-percent-contained/2753387/

Back