ADEN-Sports, Power Kit Race (Review+Pictures)

Very cool build mate awesome power even if its noisy I like the scream.
Does it get hot my big RC helli can really only do 10 mins at a time.

Cheers Kiwi

Hello Everyone,

Yes, the kit comes with the motocross seat. The seat contains the two 200 Amp controllers and a controll box witch is needed to adjust the accelleration from soft to sick. I would not reccommend using this kit with a normal bike seat --> Bumps at 75mh/h can hurt your bum badly! :D

The Motors are rated with 7KW each!
2 x 7KW = 14.000W continuous!!! This is what the motors can deliver.

In Reality these this sort of power demand is only for a few socconds when you accelerate hard. At the top speed of 76 kmh both motors only pull about 5,5KW, which equals 2,75KW each. This way you can runn endlessly withgout overheating the engines.

No matter how hard I was pushing it, I was always able to touch the engines for at least 10 seconds. Therefore temperatures should have always been below 60 degrees celsius.

Attachments

• IMG_4132.JPG
    IMG_4132.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 5,152
  • IMG_4131.JPG
    IMG_4131.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 5,152
  • IMG_4134.JPG
    IMG_4134.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 5,152
solidstrike said:
Yes, the kit comes with the motocross seat. The seat contains the two 200 Amp controllers and a controll box witch is needed to adjust the accelleration from soft to sick. I would not reccommend using this kit with a normal bike seat --> Bumps at 75mh/h can hurt your bum badly! :D
Thanks for responding.
I think you'll find plenty of examples around here of bikes that can do 75kph and have regular bike seats. The Stealth Bomber is a production bike that can do 80kph and comes with a regular bike seat and I've not heard/seen any complaints about it.
I think you would find more interest from people around here if you offered the kit with a regular seat as most people round here still want something that looks like a bike.

Cheers

Hi guys, I am just an e-bike enthusiast like most of you in this forum. Please contact the company directly for any feedback or change-requests. I am just reviewing the kit that I am fascinated of. This bike is not like many "high-power-ebikes" that run 80kmh or more - its an offroad dragster with only 30kg weight and over 70Nm torque on a 26" wheel that is impossible to overheat or overload, even when hill-climbing. I believe it makes it unique.
Ps: I have have build several ebikes already.... :)

It has been a while....
Been researching on 27,5" wheels, that would handle the extra torque and power from the bigger motors. Finally found a custom wheel manufacturer who build a complete new wheel set to my specifications >>> the result is amazing!!!! Did I mention before, that I am using 50V 32AH LiPo Batteries? Here are a few pictures of how my bike looks like these days :)

Attachments

• image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 4,963
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4,963
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 4,963
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 4,963
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 4,963
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4,963
The new rims I am runing tubeless. The rear rim is protected by "Schwalbe PRO CORE" system, allowing me to run only 1,2 - 1,5 Bar pressure on the rear wheel without damaging it. Without it I had to run 2,5 Bar - and was loosing tooo much traction because of it....

What kind of range do you get with 32 amp at 50 volts? what kind of range did you get out of the original packs that came with the kit?

What is your all up weight ready to ride like the picture shows.

Looks like fun.

Tom

Hey solidstrike? Just FYI I'm currently rolling on a 20" front wheel. Checked specs and their min. is 24"? With folders, etc getting more popular these daze... pls let Aden know to remember us little folk? Hehe

Hi Tom!
The original packs have 15 Ah and I got a range of 30km with them. I am always riding rather quick with very sharp acceleration, 60% offroad with average speeds above 30kmh.
The 32 Ah Lipos give me a range of 60kmh. Of course it's possible to discharge the battery in only 25km, but then you would have to ride full throttle with almost 80kmh, brake very hard and accelerate to the max. I have done it as well, but this is not for the faint hearted :)
Typical Range with 32Ah 12s LiPo is 50km for sporty riding and 60km with more pedal assistance and a bit less power input.
Ps: My current setup has 14kw peak and 7kw continuous!!!

LockH said:
Hey solidstrike? Just FYI I'm currently rolling on a 20" front wheel. Checked specs and their min. is 24"? With folders, etc getting more popular these daze... pls let Aden know to remember us little folk? Hehe

Hey! This engine concept is tailor made for DH Worldcup bikes. 26" is the ideal size for this much power. I am sure you would not really want to experience the power of a 250cc Motocross 2-Stroke Engine on a foldable bike, would you? ;)
For your application there is a wide range of 250 -- 1000W hub motors. ;)

The kit is really only designed to convert your Premium DH bike into a crazy Motocross Machine with pedals :)

All I can do is to give you the following data:

1. Engine has 180 RPM/ Volt
2. Voltage at top speed is 47-48V
3. Top speed is 74-76 km/h
4. Used wheels and tires are 27,5" x 2,5" Schwalbe Magic Mary

I hope you can calculate the gear reduction with that given data.

The company stopped selling this twin-motor-conversion set. Too much power - too little adrenaline junkies like me :) They only sell the set that you are looking for - the one with only one motor only (Power Kit Pro). You can write or call them if you have any questions.

Can you measure the diameter of the gear on the motor spindle and the diameter of the ring gear.....an aproxamation will do.

solidstrike said:

The company stopped selling this twin-motor-conversion set. Too much power - too little adrenaline junkies like me :) They only sell the set that you are looking for - the one with only one motor only (Power Kit Pro). You can write or call them if you have any questions.

solidstrike said:

27.5" * 0.254 * PI = 2.194 meters per wheel revolution.

180 * 48 = 8640 rpm

8640 * 2.194 * 60 / 1000 = 1,173 kph if direct drive.

1,173 / 75 = 15.16:1 reduction ratio.

Looks like that thing can really move. :twisted:

I'm wondering how it sounds. Hard to tell from the video. Seems like the gears would make some whining sound.
Also, has there been any problem with rocks, dirt, etc. getting into the gears?

The whining sound is there, that is true.

Both controlers / their high switching frequency of 8KHZ produce a very high pitched sound. All together it sounds similar to a jet engine. The sound might be seen as probably the biggest disadvantage of this drive system, but I don´t mind the sound. The advantages of this drive train are too big to be put of by the sound.

The gears are very durable. You can ride them for 2 years or more, if you ride in dry conditions. Or you can wear them out within a week if you ride through wet sand.

Stones and rocks are not the problem, because they are too big to get into the gears, but small sand is the main enemy for the gears, especially when its raining and sand sticks to the wheels.

@ Nico89
One Motor option 2500€, two motor option 3600€, at the moment not available. In Mai a new version will be released.

I would like to use this opportunity to show my Aden Sports powered bike, too. Its mounted on an older Scott Voltage FR Frame.
The best thing I´ve ever driven! GPS 70km/h top speed on 26". Acceleration is crazy!

Attachments

• IMG_2888 (2).jpg
    IMG_2888 (2).jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 3,867
Wow, Really nice one!
Do you know what will be different in the new version because I have maybe an opportunity to buy a second hand Powerkit Race.
How long can you use the bike with the two motor option?

Nico89 said:
Wow, Really nice one!
Do you know what will be different in the new version because I have maybe an opportunity to buy a second hand Powerkit Race.
How long can you use the bike with the two motor option?

Thank you!
No, I don´t know what will be different. If it´s a good price, the batteries are in good condition, take it!
With the original included ones you can make 12-14km (30min) without paddeling with lots of high speeds.
With other batterypacks or a second original pack (price 850€) you can make much more or double your range.
solidstrike gave some good information about it too. It always depends on how much you assist by paddeling.

The new kits will have sine wave controllers , allowing to start from zero speed. The sine wave will make the motors much more silent. There will be many smaller improvements, such as a newly designed engine mount and engine leading system / connection with the gears. The kit is supposed to look nicer, weight less, accelerate with more predictability and be much more silent. This is what I have heard so far. However, I doubt all of the above will have an impact on performance and speed. The 1-engine kit will be available soon, but the 2-engine kit only in August 2018 or later.

Back