Frames from alibaba?

blazearrowz

1 µW
Would this frame be suitable? Has anyone ordered one?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/e-bike-frame_60484524190.html
Also I'm confused as they say they include a motor and even include a picture
https://ebikesmotor.en.alibaba.com/product/60444833826-219467689/Strong_power_3000W_bub_motor_kit_bike_frame.html
https://ebikesmotor.en.alibaba.com/product/60448425343-803038981/26_3_fat_wheel_full_suspension_red_enduro_bike_frame_with_triangle_battery.html
(Each link has more pictures of the bike) (Also I do know I'm just buying a frame and possibly a motor)

Would it be a great buy for that price ?
I'd buy two if that price was correct 😜👍

Yes does seem great but their descriptions confuse me as some say they include a motor.

For $100, it’s worth the risk. I’m just so curious what’s going to show up in the mail. I’ll keep you all updated!

Attachments

• 8C07D55F-65F2-4C85-B04E-11F3DE375281.png
    8C07D55F-65F2-4C85-B04E-11F3DE375281.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 1,374
blazearrowz said:
Would this frame be suitable?
Suitable for what?

Commuter? Cross country? cargo hauler? downhill racing? Etc?

There's a lot of ways to use a bike, and differnet frames are suitable for different ways, so you have to specify your usage before anyone can correctly answer your question.

Any answers given without knowing your usage/etc could be right, could be wrong, you can't know.

That said, pretty much anything that seems too good to be true probably is.

Generally "too good to be true" deals end up being a piece of crap, or doesn't include other necessary parts they don't list or show (that might only be availalbe from that vendor), or you won't ever get anything from the seller (just taking money), or they'll charge a fortune for shipping and "handling" fees, or you'll be charged a lot in customs fees when it arrives, etc. Or all of the above. :/

If you take the money out of your lottery tickets budget, I’d say chances are better.

Buying from Alibaba or Aliexpress, insist on making payment with a credit card that has online purchase protection insurance. Paypal is not bad, but credit cards are much faster to solve a situation. This simple precaution did save me 600$ last winter.

amberwolf said:
blazearrowz said:
Would this frame be suitable?
Suitable for what?

Commuter? Cross country? cargo hauler? downhill racing? Etc?

There's a lot of ways to use a bike, and differnet frames are suitable for different ways, so you have to specify your usage before anyone can correctly answer your question.

Any answers given without knowing your usage/etc could be right, could be wrong, you can't know.

That said, pretty much anything that seems too good to be true probably is.

Generally "too good to be true" deals end up being a piece of crap, or doesn't include other necessary parts they don't list or show (that might only be availalbe from that vendor), or you won't ever get anything from the seller (just taking money), or they'll charge a fortune for shipping and "handling" fees, or you'll be charged a lot in customs fees when it arrives, etc. Or all of the above. :/

well I hope I'm not hit with too many custom fees as the frame is pretty cheap. I will be using it as a cross country/commute. I was hoping to create more of an electric dirtbike than an e bike. If this all fails then thats another bad christmas :|

MadRhino said:
If you take the money out of your lottery tickets budget, I’d say chances are better.

Buying from Alibaba or Aliexpress, insist on making payment with a credit card that has online purchase protection insurance. Paypal is not bad, but credit cards are much faster to solve a situation. This simple precaution did save me 600$ last winter.

I wouldn't get anywhere near Alibaba with a debit card, ever... Credit only!

Back