MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

it seems like the best way to do shipping is to use the US contact as the freight forwarding receiver and that would be in LA or seattle maybe or even vancouver depending on where the freight forwarder landed the container. then the guy who gets stuck would drive to the freight forwarder and take possession of the motors there. unload them from the container into his truck and remove them from the forwarder's location to his house. then ship them across the country. reshipping the pallet out of the container would be a large expense imo. maybe someone is familiar with importing and knows this business.

Reply from MXUS
Please see the following specs for the 3000w motor:
XF40-45H Rated Voltage (V) 24/36/48/72 Cable Location Shaft center right
Rated Power (W) 1000-3000w Spoke Specification 12g/13g
Wheel Size 20-28 Hall Sensor Optional
Rated Speed (km/h) 50 Integrate speed sensor Optional
Rated Efficiency (%) >=80 Surface Black/Silver
Reduction Ratio Brake Type Disc brake/V brake
Weight (Kg) 7 Salt fog test (h) 24/96
Open Size (mm) 140-146 Noise (db) < 60db
Drive and Freewheel 6S-9S Waterproof Grade IP54

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142

This is a report from one of our customer. please check the performance.
The price for quantity 200pcs is 140$.

Best wishes

Shine Wang

Not near what I was looking for. No physical dimensions. And no performance data sheet.

dnmun said:
it seems like the best way to do shipping is to use the US contact as the freight forwarding receiver and that would be in LA or seattle maybe or even vancouver depending on where the freight forwarder landed the container. then the guy who gets stuck would drive to the freight forwarder and take possession of the motors there. unload them from the container into his truck and remove them from the forwarder's location to his house. then ship them across the country. reshipping the pallet out of the container would be a large expense imo. maybe someone is familiar with importing and knows this business.

Good points, thanks for that.

Yeah, so our paltry order of 20 motors will be sharing space on a container. They will probably be on 1 or 2 pallets shrink-wrapped in plastic and sealed for customs. They could be at the very back of the container so our person may have to wait for the stuff in front to get cleared.

If we want those pallets to be shipped to a mid-country destination, as has already been mentioned, that would be additional shipping costs and as Dnum said, someone still has to receive them and hand bomb them from the back of the delivery truck to their house or garage.

So it might be best if our recipient is on the west coast in close proximity to a port which receives containers from China.It would mean he picked them up at the customs warehouse himself, otherwise there would be extra delivery costs to have them delivered to his house.

This person would then ship them out to the different addresses. Hopefully each motor will be in its own separate box suitable for shipping. Once the weight and package size is known, each person would have to look up their shipping cost and send those funds on to our recipient with an agreed on shipper like UPS so it would minimize the shipping hassle for him.

Since this is a group buy, I think a labor of love is the ticket here-no pay or profit for our volunteer.

I would volunteer but I am on the wrong side of the country!

Do we want to buy a couple extras for parts? What if one or two of the motors get crushed or damaged? If that were to happen and If we had ordered just 20, someone would be left out. Would someone be willing to order more than one with the understanding that they would be willing to pass it on if that were to happen?

So we need a west coast volunteer to not only receive the goods as described above, but also to be the sole contact with the supplier. We don't need 20 people constantly e-mailing them.

140-146mm dropouts.... yeah, i thought so. This is too much motor to cram into 135mm.

Shit I saw that too.

So I wonder where did Allex get 135mm that he quoted in his first post?

I could maybe squeeze an extra 5 mm but no more.

good catch neptronix, totally missed that. Won't fit in a standard mountain bike without modifications.
wesnewell said:
Open Size (mm) 140-146

135mm makes sense for a 40mm motor with a single or double speed freewheel.
5mm is no big deal to stretch a dropout, even an aluminum one should be fine.
10mm is where things start to get stupid.

Just depends on what the real MM is.

Kent said:
So since you are experienced at this, could you give us a ball park on what our costs may be for shipping and duty if any for 20 units shipped to mid USA?

Are there shipping options for orders of this size such as slow boat economy, higher priced faster, etc?

I'm not that experienced, but here's what I know. From what I've found, it takes a certain volume (not number of units) before most places will bother dealing with boat shipping for you. For me, I've found it to be about twenty 26" hubmotor boxes before you reach enough volume to use sea shipping. But each vendor could be different. Then shipping prices can depend. It's supposed to be charged by volume, but for some reason most places still give volume discounts, but perhaps they are including their own handling fees. For example, for 20 hubmotor boxes I've been quoted 25 bucks each, then for 100 boxes just 11 bucks each (same vendor). One of the last quotes I heard that gave a per cubic meter number was about $160/cubic meter, IIRC.

The motors should qualify under the United States Duty code 8711.90.0000 and not require any duties (damn I miss the US…) but you will have to pay an Import Security Filing (ISF)/bond which will probably come out to be $150-$200ish.

I'm meet the shipment at port with a truck, so I don't know about the logistics of having a forwarder send it to someone in the middle of the country, you'll have to research that bit on your own. From what I have heard it is just a matter of having the name changed on the bill of lading or other documents to ensure the forwarder can legally receive the shipment.

If I were doing this, I'd scratch the idea of someone in the middle of the country doing it. Instead I'd choose someone close to a large port that could pick the stuff up in person. Even if it's a guy in LA and that means shipping to the west coast is $15, and shipping to the east coast is $30, then whatever, east coast guys pay an extra $15. You'd pay way more to have a forwarder ship to the center of the country and THEN have someone mail them all out, IMO.

The good thing is you guys don't have to worry about mailing batteries. I had to get DOT certified as a hazmat shipper for that, what a headache...

What would be the price people would be willing to pay to have the motor independently dyno tested and photographs taken pre shipment from china?

What we need to find is a volume dealer like yescomusa that will stock these bare motors or kits. That's one way to get the cost down. Show them there's enough interest and it could happen. I'd buy one today for the right price. Maybe I'll see what a sample would cost including shipping. I sure don't want to order 200 of them. and I think that's what you have to order to get them for $140 each.

wesnewell said:
...I sure don't want to order 200 of them...

But think of all the spare parts! :lol:

No but really, your idea about finding a place like YesComUSA and convincing them to stock them is a great idea. The only hiccup I can see is that these wouldn't be your standard 'beginner' motors, which is more their market.

Perhaps ElectricRider could be into it? They specifically target the higher power market, as opposed to places like HillTopper, EBK, LEED, etc that are targeting more low and mid power motors.

[edit: now that I think about it, the nonstandard dropout dimensions might make it less appealing for regular ebike kit vendors]

Kent said:
Shit I saw that too.

Got it from here:
https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Felectrotransport.ru%2Fussr%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D22553.0&edit-text=&act=url

And here is MXUS 3000 on a Norco A-Line 2004 with 150mm drop outs
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

I'm in Seattle, and would volunteer my time free of charge to pick the shipment up at the port, and then ship off to various Stateside members.

Sean9002 said:
Any Aussies into a group buy?[/quote
Sean im in, any other ausies, atm im trying to get a vendor to do a special order, initially refused but have recontacted them and will post but dont hold your breath. we may struggle to get 20 for a aussie buy, the best scenario would be to find some one to ship globally.

Kent said:
Shit I saw that too.

(Allex) Got it from here:
https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Felectrotransport.ru%2Fussr%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D22553.0&edit-text=&act=url

Thanks Allex-and here is what they say on that Russian website:

"Continuous power - 3 kW, 6.5 kW peak (tested on 77B, holding for 5 km);
The stator and magnets - 45 mm;
Winding - 4 turns for 15 cores;

The width of 135 mm under the dropouts, but may require 5 mm spacer by the brake on some of the frames have been slightly displaced to the motor axis;
Axle - 14mm, width 10mm;
Weight - ~ 8 kg without rim, ~ 9.5 kg with the rim (more precisely defined later);

Integrated sensor KTY83 / 110 (now - separate red wire);
Mounting a drive there;
Freeway breaks to a 6-speed 1 mm spacer;
Zaspitsovany 26 "rim width 35mm needles 3.2mm;"

It would be nice to get independent verification of the actual drop out width.

Remember hall sensors are an option.

my understanding of how freight forwarding works is that the forwarder receives the container and unloads it into his customs certified warehouse where it is examined by customs.

then the various pallets that were in the container get loaded onto trucks of various shippers depending on where the load is going and then that pallet is transported to the final destination over the road, or by rail then tractor/trailer.

the container could arrive in savannah too, or new jersey/new york. if it went through the canal.

I just requested a quote for ocean shipping from a company I work with. I will pass on any information I receive as it comes in. Cost nothing to get quotes, so I figured it would be worthwhile to first try to gather all the facts. In the quote request I stated from Changzhou City to Denver Colorado just to see what it would say. It also asked if I wanted Port to Port or Door to Port, but no door to door. I requested a quote for Door to Port, although Denver is not exactly a Port, so it is possible that it would need to go to a freight forwarder first on the west coast and then by truck to Denver, "Dnum mentioned" which could increase the overall cost, but considering how inexpensive the motor is to start with it may not be that cost prohibitive. I am just doing the research now so hopefully I can know what I am talking about the next time I post.

I also agree the dropout sizing is extremely important to me. I could go as wide as 140mm, but if this motor is greater than that width it is not an option for me, although I may consider for a future build.

Got a Farfle swing arm this would go on, so the width is not a concern for me. However, I would think it is likely that if this hub does fit in a 135mm dropout, it will only take a single sprocket in the back.

The new bike I ordered (Mongoose Dolomite) has 170mm steel dropouts so my only concern is a long enough axle. I'm sure I could squeeze them to 150mm if i had to, but I think I need an axle at least 200mm. I don't think that will be a problem. I may ask for a single sample quote to my door.

teslanv said:
I'm in Seattle, and would volunteer my time free of charge to pick the shipment up at the port, and then ship off to various Stateside members.

Thanks for the offer. I think moving forward, we should focus on this west coast port idea and forget mid-country drops with extra shipping.

140-146mm dropouts....

I find it hard to believe the manufacturer wouldn't know the tolerance to within 6mm! To me, this implies the 140-146mm sizing is factoring in the spacer washers required on almost all builds for the chain to clear the swing arm and I have a hunch the actual size is 135mm, as reported in the Russian review.

Of course, verification would be nice. It doesn't seem the salespeople responding to info requests on alibaba.com have any technical knowledge of the products aside from what is written on the webpage. I'm wondering what it will take to get our hands on a technical schematic.

I must say I am not overly optimistic that the quality will be anything better than the status quo unless MXUS can make special provisions. A cheap 3kW motor which fits into standard dropouts would seem to be an improvement, though I'm tempted to ask for more from the manufacturers...

[Rant alert] The market is awash in cheap shoddy ebike motors of all sizes and power ratings. Quality axle steel and bearings shouldn't add significantly to the cost, which would be passed to the buyer anyways. Seems there is a real opportunity for an innovative company to define itself by better quality products and grab the majority of the ebike motor market share. It's frustrating that these companies just don't get it. This is the age of cheap and shoddy throwaway economics that has pervaded all levels of society to it's core. We the consumer have only ourselves to blame for purchasing this junk, thereby supporting these businesses and their questionable practices. We need to lobby and pressure these companies and insist on quality products as a prerequisite for doing business. We need to raise awareness of the environmental costs of our cheap and disposable economics and take back what should be rightfully ours. We need to demonstrate that a quality economy benefits society on every level... [end rant].

I have some on the way for builds due in about two weeks, chucked them in with my normal order, and a spec drawing on my laptop. Will fire it up later and post the file.

Samd said:
I have some on the way for builds due in about two weeks, chucked them in with my normal order, and a spec drawing on my laptop. Will fire it up later and post the file.
^^^ Enlighten us Samd. :mrgreen:
Do you have the performance chart/test also?

Back