MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

So I probably want to get a 20x2.30 inch bxm rim or something like that with 36 spoke holes, anything else I need to keep in mind when buying a rim?

Or just tell me what you ordered :p

A little bit off subject. My google searching is not returning anything but Alibaba hits for Mxus controllers. Can someone link a source for new or member modified 48V/30 and 35 Amp Mxus controllers? I have a space "width" constraint and an Infineon is too wide to fit under my rack. I want to upgrade my current Mxus 48V/25A sensorless with a 30 or 35 amp unit. On the label are: KT48WSMT-XFC09 and MXUS-14-06-23-KT and it's came on the Prodeco Oasis. It measures 5" (125mm) Long, 2 3/8" (61mm) wide and 1.5" (39mm) tall.

BVH said:
A little bit off subject. My google searching is not returning anything but Alibaba hits for Mxus controllers. Can someone link a source for new or member modified 48V/30 and 35 Amp Mxus controllers? I have a space "width" constraint and an Infineon is too wide to fit under my rack. I want to upgrade my current Mxus 48V/25A sensorless with a 30 or 35 amp unit. On the label are: KT48WSMT-XFC09 and MXUS-14-06-23-KT and it's came on the Prodeco Oasis. It measures 5" (125mm) Long, 2 3/8" (61mm) wide and 1.5" (39mm) tall.

Ran into the same thing. Anybody know a source.

There's the Grin FOC unit in the for sale section, it's probably small enough.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65031

Thanks again, Amberwolf. Just read the thread and some of the info is a bit over my head so am not sure if it would give the the equivalent performance of a Mxus 48V/35 or 40A controller so I sent Justin a message.

BVH said:
Thanks again, Amberwolf. Just read the thread and some of the info is a bit over my head so am not sure if it would give the the equivalent performance of a Mxus 48V/35 or 40A controller so I sent Justin a message.

That will work fine if you will run mxus at lower voltage but it seems they recommend to not go higher then 48v. even if it is 75v rated max. But at 48 v you might be missing out on a lot of fun...

I'm running 48V/12Ah - 2 in parallel so 48/24Ah. They are 16S LiFeP04 so Nominal is about 51.2V

Any reason you are sat on 48v?
There will be more power and more fun if you volt higher.

I just got the new bike and bought a second battery. Both are BMS equipped and if I open them, I void the two year warranty on $1200 worth of batteries. Plus I have no idea what the motor will accept Voltage-wise. Bottom line, I just want 4-5 more MPH and a bit more acceleration for a very occasional high speed thrill.

Oh ok. I just figured so many talks about 72v, 96v and a few even mentioned going 135v.
So I thought it was most speed addicts that ordered the mxus 3000.
I have not seen any charts over this motor so for all I know it might perform ok at 48v. The good thing is you can be safe if you should like more performance later on you can always add more batteries :)

macribs said:
Oh ok. I just figured so many talks about 72v, 96v and a few even mentioned going 135v.
So I thought it was most speed addicts that ordered the mxus 3000.
I have not seen any charts over this motor so for all I know it might perform ok at 48v. The good thing is you can be safe if you should like more performance later on you can always add more batteries :)
Yea, all that is true, excepting that I for one am not a speed addict. :p I want speed only when speed matters, making one particular long commute I have more endurable. Everyone needs to make their own decisions on the cost/performance curve. And lest we forget, speed <can> kill - part of the cost is the higher risk that comes with it. I don't want to do more than 40 mph on a bike. But to get that, yea, this motor and either 72V or 96V - still undecided on that. But the discussion does elucidate that the more significant portion of the cost is for battery.

"Speed kills" is a catchy phrase, but that's about it. While there's no doubt that risk in the event of an accident increases with speed, and in off road riding it corresponds directly with an increase in overall risk. Riding on the street has a very different risk structure. Crashes with cars is the primary cause of fatalities, so crossing paths with fewer cars can directly reduce overall risk by orders of magnitude, and that requires both speed and acceleration. IOW it's quite easy to reduce your overall risk by increasing speed if you greatly reduce the number of cars you encounter. I've ridden both ways and there's no way I would ever go back to "slow and to the side", but I respect those who prefer it. Getting comfortable at traffic speeds required a different bike for me, one with a lower CG and longer wheelbase.

This is a smaller motor. I'll ride with what I have for a while after thinking about it. Let the thread get back on-track.

Was wondering the same thing? Looking at maybe swapping one out with my current 96v 6000w setup and giving it a try.

I just got my motor in the mail today, paid about $16 in import, duties and fees. This thing is huge, its heavy, I can just tell this thing is going to be a powerful beast. Next I will order good spokes and a rim, do it up in the 20"-22"-24" range on D.O.T. rated tires. Will have to do it on paypal, as I am tapped out of cash on the truck I just purchased. Where is everyone buying their "moto" spokes/rims from? I found a place online that sells motorcycle rims, I just punched in different motorbikes and years until I reached a cheap rim that states its 1.40x19 rim for $25. Rated for 100cc motorbike, also states this

Extruded from true 7075 aircraft aluminum
Three stage heat treatment for the highest available strength
Designed for use with OEM hubs, spokes, and nipples
Anodized with long lasting silver or black finishes

markz said:
I just got my motor in the mail today, paid about $16 in import, duties and fees. This thing is huge, its heavy, I can just tell this thing is going to be a powerful beast. Next I will order good spokes and a rim, do it up in the 20"-22"-24" range on D.O.T. rated tires. Will have to do it on paypal, as I am tapped out of cash on the truck I just purchased. Where is everyone buying their "moto" spokes/rims from? I found a place online that sells motorcycle rims, I just punched in different motorbikes and years until I reached a cheap rim that states its 1.40x19 rim for $25. Rated for 100cc motorbike, also states this

Extruded from true 7075 aircraft aluminum
Three stage heat treatment for the highest available strength
Designed for use with OEM hubs, spokes, and nipples
Anodized with long lasting silver or black finishes

Can you give us a source/link for that?

Can someone tell me what the OD, ID and width of the MXUS V1 bearings are? I have looked through all these posts and didn't see it indicated anywhere. I could just open my motor, which I am ultimately going to do, but I wanted to get the bearings ordered asap.

Ed

edventure said:
Can someone tell me what the OD, ID and width of the MXUS V1 bearings are? I have looked through all these posts and didn't see it indicated anywhere. I could just open my motor, which I am ultimately going to do, but I wanted to get the bearings ordered asap.

Ed
It have on both sides a 6003RS bearing.

Back