MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

korpin said:
just wanted to add my 2 cents in...does not the SIZE of strands matter too since current (I thought) only runs on outside of wire?...my motor IS a 4T the guy at Kinnaye motorsports recommended that version for me so I hope you guys are correct!

You understand correctly. The 3T winding CAN take the most phase current. However the 4T has the most copper fill and so has the best overall performance. (64 strands total, vs 63 strands in the 3T motor.) All windings of a motor design will use the same wire gauge from the factory.

Its very easy to upgrade the phase wires, dont use regular wire as the insulation is too much. Spring for the Teflon PTFE wire, I fit 10 awg in mine with some wiggling. I just did it again but with some 12awg of the same wire in my BMC. I think I did it twice in my MXUS 3KW V2, but I was learning. Did it twice again with my BMC, so I can wire them now in about 5 minutes. My technique is listed in my BMC thread. Throw in your sense wires first, use some ethernet cable then slip in your 10awg Teflon PTFE wire. You can always go to 8, 6 or 4 guage once it comes out the axle. This gives less wire resistance which is good depending of course how far away your controller is. I put mine on the rear rack.

So with those 3T MXUS motors, no issues with the controller or do you have to fine tune the controller. I just remember reading you or someone else at first had a little bit of a hiccup. Im too lazy to search, as I am having a hellavatime getting a freewheel off. Just keeps spinning. So I am resting my muscles for another round.

korpin said:
damm hope thats wrong samd....one guy told me he was going faster than that with 72 volts system
this is what allex said: "on 74v nominal I get 70km/h and over 100km/h with OVS enabled on maxus 4t"

checked video normal battery amps set at 65...OVS 156 amps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XybF15eNKtI

Well, at least you have the adaptto so you should at least get to 70km/h like I did :) but given that you have higher voltage and 26" instead of 24" around 80km/h is probably your case. Good thing is that you have OVS so you can always get to 100.

BoomerChomsi said:
What is OVS? :oops:

not sure exactly what is stands for,but allows adappto to let your motor run faster with less voltage available....your motor does not run as efficient but goes quicker...maybe Over Voltage Something or other?

Short version OVS pumps more current into the motor to achieve higher to speed. Allex did a test and his top speed went up 30% with high OVS setting.

Note also I ran the sim at your nominal voltage. At the end of the ride. Speed will be higher hot off the charger

markz said:
Its easy to find, I'd feel wrong linking it as others are for sale on here. The description says customizable.

You shouldn’t feel bad no one pays for advertising on ES

you should share that link i reckon

ozman said:
markz said:
Its easy to find, I'd feel wrong linking it as others are for sale on here. The description says customizable.

You shouldn’t feel bad no one pays for advertising on ES

you should share that link i reckon

Nah, I got morals. Besides its too easy to find yourself. Even my search term vagueness can find it, with out any fancy dancy exceptions or inclusions or + or - or brackets or whatever else people who are better at searching terms then me do.

I looked for a READY made 18fet programmable controller for 100 didn't find it. just that crappy one from kevin that someone like me doesn't know how to wire it up to program it.
But these are the bees nees
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sabvoton-SVMC96080-3kw-Brushless-motor-controller/32371445475.html

just kinda curious to know what kinda speeds/climbing ability owners are getting using various configurations?

personally my build (which is nearly complete) will be:

MXUS 4 turn
25.5" kinko 241 motocycle tires
adappto midi
18 or 28 AH 86 volt battery will probably top out close to 96 volts
will probably run 45 amp max
bike plus rider 280-300 pounds
hope to get over 50 MPH without using OVS

will let you guys know soon as I try it

korpin said:
just kinda curious to know what kinda speeds/climbing ability owners are getting using various configurations?

personally my build (which is nearly complete) will be:

MXUS 4 turn
25.5" kinko 241 motocycle tires
adappto midi
18 or 28 AH 86 volt battery will probably top out close to 96 volts
will probably run 45 amp max
bike plus rider 280-300 pounds
hope to get over 50 MPH without using OVS

will let you guys know soon as I try it

When Allex had the MXUS 4T on his Bomber, he was seeing over 55MPH without OVS with a 20s battery which is 84 volts hot off the charge. So you being up over 90 volts hot should be a couple of MPH better. If I remember correctly with OVS set on 5 or 6 he, was seeing 70MPH. I am told that OVS doesn't work very well when running a high volts so you may not see your OVS being effective until your volts drop down below 92.

@Korpin With your voltage you have little head room for safety. Might end up frying your adaptto.

Rix said:
When Allex had the MXUS 4T on his Bomber, he was seeing over 55MPH without OVS with a 20s battery which is 84 volts hot off the charge. So you being up over 90 volts hot should be a couple of MPH better. If I remember correctly with OVS set on 5 or 6 he, was seeing 70MPH. I am told that OVS doesn't work very well when running a high volts so you may not see your OVS being effective until your volts drop down below 92.

Are you sure that was a 4T and not a 3T? What wheel size was he running? At 20s on a 17inch wheel with shinko 241 I was getting 42mph on a Grin controller.

ecycler said:
Rix said:

Are you sure that was a 4T and not a 3T? What wheel size was he running? At 20s on a 17inch wheel with shinko 241 I was getting 42mph on a Grin controller.

Actually now that you got me thinking, the numbers I am referencing may have been with the 5403 and not the MXUS. He tested both motors. I will do some more checking but now I am thinking Allex hit 105km/H with the MXUS and 115km/H with the 5403.

///Edit, Allex hit 116Km/H with 74 volts with the 5403. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650 Still looking for his speed run with the MXUS 4t, but I am pretty sure I remember him getting 105km/H with that.

"86 volt battery will probably top out close to 96 volts
will probably run 45 amp max"
86x45 is 3870Watts, you need about 4000W to hit 50mph

Is that a mini-e you have? If not than I dont see the point only having 45Amps on your bike, hell even with the mini.e I dont see the point :)
If you want to get faster you need more amps.

Here is my run on 4T 20S battery 24" MTB tires. Top speed is over 100km/h but then you need about 100Amps with 20s battery
[youtube]XybF15eNKtI[/youtube]

Thanks for stepping in Allex, I had my figures crossed between your 5403 and MXUS4T runs.

@ Ecycler. You are correct, I was referencing the wrong motor in my initial comment :oops: . I should know better.

Thanks, Allex What did you hit with and without OVS on the adapto on the 4T?

Allex said:
"86 volt battery will probably top out close to 96 volts
will probably run 45 amp max"
86x45 is 3870Watts, you need about 4000W to hit 50mph

Is that a mini-e you have? If not than I dont see the point only having 45Amps on your bike, hell even with the mini.e I dont see the point :)
If you want to get faster you need more amps.

Here is my run on 4T 20S battery 24" MTB tires. Top speed is over 100km/h but then you need about 100Amps with 20s battery
[youtube]XybF15eNKtI[/youtube]

well its a midi...but not sure how the stock phase wires will hold up above 45 amps?....not worried about frying controller

I have a 5t in a 26in rim 24s A123 20ah 80volts and a Sinewave controller at 80amps. So 6,200 watts. 43mph tops.
I rode wot for 30 minutes and the thing was to hot to keep a hand on it. Not warm but hot. So now I know even a 5t can melt.
I trying the new sinewave 100v 100amp controller with gps and remote alarm. Guinea pig. It's in the new for sale section.
No the gps and alarm is not hook up yet maybe next month.

Back