Neematic - 20kW middrive bike

I m interested in Neematic for the same reason.

Bought a second hand bomber, got the battery changed to 54 Ah 60v, got the motor changed to a torque one, but i m living in a ski resort and the bike keeps overheating way too quickly, preventing me from enjoying the bike park that ski slopes offer in summer time, limiting my exploration areas to large tracks around my altitude (120 degrees celsius reached after 300 m climb).Add to this the insecurity of a flat rear tyre in the middle of nowhere forcing you to push the bike on heavy slopes for kilometers! I contacted stealth when they launched their last kickstarter campain for their lighter machine, told them that i d be more than happy to contribute to a campain for a powerfull mid drive quality bike, but it is not in their plans. I was really happy to see that finally a start up was trying to develop that needed machine, and moreover in Europe! Time is not an issue for me either.

courcheval said:
I m interested in Neematic for the same reason.

Bought a second hand bomber, got the battery changed to 54 Ah 60v, got the motor changed to a torque one, but i m living in a ski resort and the bike keeps overheating way too quickly, preventing me from enjoying the bike park that ski slopes offer in summer time, limiting my exploration areas to large tracks around my altitude (120 degrees celsius reached after 300 m climb).Add to this the insecurity of a flat rear tyre in the middle of nowhere forcing you to push the bike on heavy slopes for kilometers! I contacted stealth when they launched their last kickstarter campain for their lighter machine, told them that i d be more than happy to contribute to a campain for a powerfull mid drive quality bike, but it is not in their plans. I was really happy to see that finally a start up was trying to develop that needed machine, and moreover in Europe! Time is not an issue for me either.

Hello,
there are a lot of options to cool a middrive down.
On my first prototype I designed an air turbine 1500 l/min cooling system. It works great. I can create an internal air stream over 120km/h.
Look :
https://youtu.be/qCAUfCtuXqs

This cooling products got the highest efficency:

http://www.alutronic.de/produkte/powerblocs

awesome nematic team on you ebike
this is hands down my favorite electric bicycle..
would you guys be willing to do a special endless sphere group price on the neematic
great work
Alex

I am not even sure that Neematic will ever come to market. While Neematic took its sweet time, doing who knows what, others did work hard and fast to come out quicker to the market. We now got the Sur Ron, but also the EU made LMX bike, which will be be even road legal for eu moped m1 class.

Add the very long silence from the Neematic company and things does not see very bright out for the Neematic bike. My thoughts on this is Neematic will never be a real world product you can buy and ride. If I am totally wrong and you got information saying different pls post in this thread so I get to know how wrong I was. That would actually make me happy.

It does seem it has missed its opportunity, and the price is high(maybe to become higher) compared to other middrive options out there now. Perhaps all the RnD will pay off in the end with a faultless and minding blowing bike, but the anticipation and hype has been long lost.

Yeah it is about two years since the rumors about Neematic started floating. And since then all we've seen is release date being pushed back furter and further. For me that has the smell of vaporware all over it.

I remember back in uni a professor told us that when making anything, a service, a product or whatever you could possible make money of by offering it to the public there is no such thing as a perfect product. Because perfect will get in the way of an actual product launch. Just good enough was more then adequate for a product launch and should be the de facto standard to measure up against according to him. Then improve upon releases.

mailed them more then once....never got an answer.
all you can see is their facebook or instatram shit pics and videos. minimum since a year.
the bike runs, what are they waiting for?
theres not really a single reason why it took that long.
quality parts, yes...but all parts simple buyable.

i would understand it if theres not even a prototype running.
but their sample in the videos looks like working.

cmon ...its not an F1 car....

frocking controller running with a mid-drive. nothing new.

...but hey....they had their chance...waited enough....they dont wanted my money, so i put it LMX in the throat =)

Meanwhile somewhere in France on the LMX plant somebody works hard getting even more versions of their bike road legal....

7QmlMGE.jpg

iBLT88U.jpg

I am not saying there won't be room for Neematic, because that could very well be the case. But oter companies are putting similar ideas into production bikes and are ready to hit the market. Could someone pls give Neematic a wake up call? I really would like to see them reach the market.

News From Neematic…
Apparently they finalized a deal with UBCO from New Zealand.

Part of the announcement mentions:
UBCO FRX1 debut in AIMexpo
FRX1 will have its debut in the US at this month's AIMExpo in Columbus, Ohio. Feel free to visit us (Sept 28–29 open for the general public) and explore the UBCO range of offroad vehicles.

Target from production is preproduction from now till first quarter 2020, first batch June 2020.

We shall see if that one sticks :)

I still think the bike has a unique set of qualities, hopefully they will keep these and improve on some of the details and the price.

they only posted video of a sample....never answered to emails....YEARS.....
new partner means, old team wasnt smart enough to build even some samples....you wanna trust them?

for some years a "peak 20kw" offroad mid was really impressive....10000€ was hot, but in old days even stealth sold their square wave crystalyte hub crap for that money.

these days we have surrons as the king of "its not worth to build by yourself anymore" for 4K euro or the offroad versions even for 3000$
AND.....this shit is street legal. Riding where ever you want...and in worst case get a 10$ penalty riding a moped in the forrest.

i was really interessted and tried alot of contact. Iam pissed about that behavior until today. So lets see what the price will be.
Cant imagine they can compete against surron.

Sur-Ron doesn't have pedals (that function) or a gearbox pedal transmission.. so its not even in the same category imo.. ebike vs electric moped.. and room for plenty more, its the beginning of this genre (and industry) not the end..

cmon. this fakepedals cant fool anyone.
if so, surrons has also this fake pedalkit if you "need" it.

those big bikes had pedals for the only reason to be pretending iam an bicycle....
and why? because it was always illegal....

no need for pedals on a surron and everyone who rode with pegs will not going back tp pedals.

you cant be serious putting a 20kw "bike" in a "ebike" category. :wink:

stealth and most all hub drives have pedals, so why not high power mid drives also with pedals.. might come in handy for range extension, exercise, access or in case low battery, etc.. this is the very thing that makes neematic design unique in the market..

Merlin said:
cmon. this fakepedals cant fool anyone.
if so, surrons has also this fake pedalkit if you "need" it.

those big bikes had pedals for the only reason to be pretending iam an bicycle....
and why? because it was always illegal....

no need for pedals on a surron and everyone who rode with pegs will not going back tp pedals.

you cant be serious putting a 20kw "bike" in a "ebike" category. :wink:
You are letting your anger at Neematic get the better of your here :)

The Neematic pedal system was (is) real and unique. It has a wide range of gears and a torque sensor pedal assist that really makes pedaling the bike quite exciting.

That if confirmed (if ever available) in a final version remains a big plus in my book. I rode motorcycles all my life, and I am excited at the prospect of a powerful bike I can control with pedals.

That said I totally understand that for many a regular motorcycle approach is just simpler.

Assuming it’s not stupidly priced I think I’ll buy one when available!

I think it’s the shit for buzzing around like I like to do.

Tom

I wish SR can make this kind of bike and put into their product line. I assume they are capable of making something similar or better with their engineering and factory setup it is very easy for them to do. price it similar as their current bike will be a killer

Yeah I finally got e-mail from neematic earlier this fall. It only took them what 3 or 4 years? And when I finally found an email from neematic it was nothing but an annoying ad. The emails I did send years back never got replies from Neematic. But Neematic still kept my email address so they could spam me. Wow. That says actually a lot about the company and the people behind it.

Back in the days when they first launched or should I say tried to hype the Neematic the bike or rather the idea of the bike was really something. Bleeding edge tech in regards to power and weight. Mid drive and plenty power. If Neematic would have been able to launch according to initial plans, I am sure they would have made it big - and today Neematic would be a recognized brand name. Instead Neematic became vaporware and more of a joke. Don't know what happen to them, their plans or why they never did get a start on the production. But I reckon in today's market, Neematic is not gonna be a big thing. Maybe someone will pay up and get one, but this bike will not be legendary because Neematic just couldn't get the bike into production fast enough.

And at the price point, you can get real electric motorcycles, mopeds and scooters. So nowadays Neematic will have to compete against both electric bike and electric motor cycles. Think that will be a truly a hard sale to move inventory.

And to make to joke even bigger they did present the bike earlier this fall, but there is still no actual date for when the bike will be ready to ship. Their new website just says "pre order". Not even the video on the site is new, it is whaterever video the launched years back. I hope people don't sink their money into this bike before the bike is actually being reportedly ready, and the company starts shipping. Otherwise this just might be a new twist in a never ending hype that never makes it into production. And people that preorder might loose their money.

Too little too late is my guess.

Well, they are now part of a real company who makes real bikes, so I think it is safe to assume the bike will finally be released.

They sure missed an opportunity, but the past is the past :)

And they still have the only high power bike that is fully usable with pedals with the Pinion and a torque sensor based pedal assist, all in what is still a pretty cool design.

Back