24F Silent Controller 20kw 100-150v iOS/Android- $299>

I would highly NOT recommend abandoning the mechanical/hydraulic brakes in favor of regen-only for braking. This compromises your safety and would not pass any inspection if you were to register the vehicle or participate in races or such. Regen heavily relies on all your major electric components (motor, controller, battery, BMS) to by 100% functional, so if something to fail or just stops working for a second (BMS cuts out, for example), you will lose regen and ability to stop. For that reason, pretty much all EVs sold today have mechanical or other types of "regular"
auxiliary brakes even though much of the braking is done by the regen.

I am thinking you were asking about a kind of "parking ebrake". Yes, controller can do that but I would not go that route for two reasons: a) you will use power when the bike is parked on ebrakes; b) the bike will lose the parking brakes if the battery gets low and cuts out power.

Variable regen exists in prototype but still needs some kinks to be worked out. I may get to it after the dashboard functionality is fully released. ETA - a couple of weeks from now.

OV_ said:
Finally cot bike running with this controller and new frame:

ebike.JPG

I'm planing to abandon rear disk breake. Is adjustable (with hall sensor) regen brake possible? If is, what is required to do? Open controller and some soldering + software update? How about ebrake that is active when key is off position?

Still holding order button for CA v3 and waiting for that display function. Can u give any eta?

Hello,
can someone please clarify some things about this controller:
1) can the regen strength be finely customized on the app like on the 15/18 Fet controllers, I see that it says in the controller description that it has "Two stage regen with finely tuned braking force settings available", if it has the finely tuned braking adjustment what is the two stage regen referring to.
2) could the L bracket rails on both sides of the controller be removed so that it could fit on my 118mm wide frame without overhanging, and if the rails can be removed what would the new width of the controller be.
sorry for the probably stupid questions, i hope i made sense. thank-you

\ (•◡•) / said:
Hello,
can someone please clarify some things about this controller:
1) can the regen strength be finely customized on the app like on the 15/18 Fet controllers, I see that it says in the controller description that it has "Two stage regen with finely tuned braking force settings available", if it has the finely tuned braking adjustment what is the two stage regen referring to.
2) could the L bracket rails on both sides of the controller be removed so that it could fit on my 118mm wide frame without overhanging, and if the rails can be removed what would the new width of the controller be.
sorry for the probably stupid questions, i hope i made sense. thank-you

I can vouch that the regen strength is finely controllable through the app. I got mine set right after trying several settings and it's great. With my MXUS V3 my braking has never been so smooth.

I ordered a 12F 4kW eBike Sinewave/Silent Controller back on August 25th (16 days ago) and still have not received it.

What is going on?

Thanks.

Update: Just got updated tracking info. Looks like it is finally on its way.

Sorry for the delay. We are in the middle or releasing the smartphone EV dashboard, so there is a bit of a backlog. Once released, we'll catch up.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89847

mudflap5 said:
I ordered a 12F 4kW eBike Sinewave/Silent Controller back on August 25th (16 days ago) and still have not received it.

What is going on?

Thanks.

Update: Just got updated tracking info. Looks like it is finally on its way.

if this controller could have variable regen, i suspect there would be a lot of folks keen to buy one, including me :)

I wonder how many people are actually using var. regen on controllers that have it out of the box.
It seems to be a good concept in theory but I rode both variable and non variable and ended up preferring good tuned non-variable one. I can't explain exactly why.
Would love to hear from those who is using and enjoying it.

ridethelightning said:
if this controller could have variable regen, i suspect there would be a lot of folks keen to buy one, including me :)

i use variable regen currently, with adaptto.
i have used push button on/off in the past too. the big difference is when cornering at speed for example you need to adjust the exact amount of braking required for the given situation.
you could achieve this with on/off regen in conjunction with the discs but that sort of defeats the purpose.
it is really needed feature i think. of all the fancy controller features, many are not that useful but not variable regen.

If you want to keep a speed of lets say 60kmh down a very long hill, you can push the variabale e-brake lever as far as needed to hold that speed, while with the on/off switch you would need to always push and release the button.

I would not want to miss that feature anymore, and i also would say with a variable e-brake you can turn more energy back into the battery.
From my own experince i have seen the highest continuous watts flowing back into the battery when pushing the regen lever only about half (especially at very high speeds)
If i push the lever further in such case, i don't see that much more watts flowing back, but more heat in the motor.

Hi

is fully variable regen or 2 step switch regen now on stock?

Thanks

I would also buy with variable regen.
Is a hardware change needed for this or can we buy now and uprage firmware self with variable regen in the future ?

Will be the 18F controller also aviable with the 120v 3.6mOm or only the 24F ?
What is maximum sustainable hot of charger voltage for the 120V version ?

Variable regen needs a bit of hardware. Not much. I am hoping to to have it ready by the end of January.
120V version of 18F controllers are available today and in stock ready for immediate delivery.
The recommended top voltage for these is 116v (28S).

\\/ampa said:
I would also buy with variable regen.
Is a hardware change needed for this or can we buy now and uprage firmware self with variable regen in the future ?

Will be the 18F controller also aviable with the 120v 3.6mOm or only the 24F ?
What is maximum sustainable hot of charger voltage for the 120V version ?

Thats good.
Do the 18F with 120V also have the 3.6mOhm FETS ?
And have the 18F 120V controller variable regen now or also need upgrade ?

Hello can you please explain the difference between the $299 24fet that is being discussed here and the $399 24fet that is on the power velocity web site? And will this connect out of the box to my Android device via Bluetooth or is this something that requires an extra component for extra $ to have this feature? Also has the dashboard functionality that can completely take the place of a CA v3.0 been integrated into these yet, or is there still further development that needs to take place?
Thanks for your time and apology if these Q's have already been asked and answered.
** Also can you quote price with remote alarm/GPS thanx.

299 - Just a bare controller
399 - Controller + Wireless programming + Dashboard (It has most of the CA functionality plus more), works out of the box with Android or iOS

MileHighGuy said:
Hello can you please explain the difference between the $299 24fet that is being discussed here and the $399 24fet that is on the power velocity web site? And will this connect out of the box to my Android device via Bluetooth or is this something that requires an extra component for extra $ to have this feature? Also has the dashboard functionality that can completely take the place of a CA v3.0 been integrated into these yet, or is there still further development that needs to take place?
Thanks for your time and apology if these Q's have already been asked and answered.
** Also can you quote price with remote alarm/GPS thanx.

Thanks for the quick response.

I am very pleased with all the options that you have been able to incorporate into these. I am by no means someone who can really afford a high power machine but I have sacrificed quite a few meals on building a decent bike and its taken every spare cent. But I am only a controller, throttle, circuit breaker, front tire/tube/tape away from the end (I am pretty sure). And for myself the controller is a major purchase and I want to be sure I make that choice correctly this time, as I've already tried a Kelly controller that ended up not working. So this 24fet 150v PV or an APT 96450 are what I've narrowed it down to.
That being said I would need to know what my total cost on this would be shipped. Can you invoice me on a $399 controller+ the remote alarm+ shipping to Denver CO 80214 I will PM you my email.
Thanks

Please PM - I need some basic info for invoice.

MileHighGuy said:
Thanks for the quick response.

I am very pleased with all the options that you have been able to incorporate into these. I am by no means someone who can really afford a high power machine but I have sacrificed quite a few meals on building a decent bike and its taken every spare cent. But I am only a controller, throttle, circuit breaker, front tire/tube/tape away from the end (I am pretty sure). And for myself the controller is a major purchase and I want to be sure I make that choice correctly this time, as I've already tried a Kelly controller that ended up not working. So this 24fet 150v PV or an APT 96450 are what I've narrowed it down to.
That being said I would need to know what my total cost on this would be shipped. Can you invoice me on a $399 controller+ the remote alarm+ shipping to Denver CO 80214 I will PM you my email.
Thanks

Do you have this 20kw model with a black casing ?

I have seen customers painting it and anodizing, so it should be easy if you do it yourself. You can get the exact color and finish you need.
If you paint, however, just make sure to use the paint that sheds heat well (no plastic or rubber based paints). Hi temp automotive paint (for engines) should work well.

Luk said:
Do you have this 20kw model with a black casing ?

Hi Powervelocity

Does any 24F version have the sensorless option ? I'm tired of being stuck and need this to reduce Murphy's law stats.

Other question : I have a 2wd "bicycle". In order to reduce failure risks I currently have two separate throttle/regen signals (so 2 throttles and 2 braking sensors). But you may have other suggestions ?

And what about variable regen ? Happening ?

In case you need the info, my battery is currently a 20s 28p (panasonic pf) so 84v max, feeding two Mxus v3 3t.

Answer to Q1: Currently, all 24F controllers are sensored only but, if you have 2WD, that effectively protects you from getting stuck as chances of sensors failing on both motors at the same time are pretty slim. Also, with Mxus v3 motors, using 24F would probably be an overkill anyway. 18F is the right controller for those motors in most cases and these are available as dual mode option.

Answer to Q2: Unless two throttles is something you prefer, I would just connect both controllers to a single throttle. Use ground and 5v from one controller and parallel the green signal wire for both controllers.

Braking sensors - you would normally have one for each brake lever but I've seen people having connecting only the front one to be able to do donuts and burnouts.

csc said:
Hi Powervelocity

Does any 24F version have the sensorless option ? I'm tired of being stuck and need this to reduce Murphy's law stats.

Other question : I have a 2wd "bicycle". In order to reduce failure risks I currently have two separate throttle/regen signals (so 2 throttles and 2 braking sensors). But you may have other suggestions ?

And what about variable regen ? Happening ?

In case you need the info, my battery is currently a 20s 28p (panasonic pf) so 84v max, feeding two Mxus v3 3t.

I often push 80 amps continuous (batt) per motor on long distances (when the bike is over 80km/h the 2 x MXUS can stand that, they cool more due to aero). During accelerations I have 2 x 120a batt / 300 phase and it's the max in terms of heating.

So the 18F would be at its limits I guess. And i've blown so many mosfets recently that a margin seems a good idea if I want to reduce problems.

You say "currently" for the sensorless 24 fets not available. Means it's possible ?!

And what about var regen ?

Thanks !

Back