transforming a 48v speed controller into a 60-72v controller

skindonor

10 µW
Sorry I removed this post because I've been reminded that this subject has been addressed.

Tho I've never seen any mention of looping the voltage limiter wire (not the ignition wires) this is the smaller wire that comes out from the controller next to the red & black ignition wires,

This fix will show how fix your voltage limiter problem so no change of resister is needed.

If you don't know how to keep your controller from going into lock mode just IM me and I will instruct you.
Thank you

It'd be a lot easier to read if you broke it up into sections for the steps; a single giant block of text is hard to get thru.

Without being able to be sure of the steps, it seems to be the same basic thing you have over here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82357&p=1209183#p1209183
though that might be a different scooter?

Ya I'm so sorry about that. I'm pretty out of it right now after taking so much cold not flu medicine. I will try to go back and edit it when I can right now I need sleep.

Oh hey do you think this info will help people out there? because I see this addressed all over the net but never see anybody have such a simple answer.

Yes it is the same thing but I felt it I showed it as a $2 budget build it would get more attention that's all. And it didn't have the info on how to bypass the low voltage limiter.
And dang my bozo butt didn't section that one either. I think I just rattle off what is in my head and it just comes out that way.
I also wonder if this easy way of keeping a controller from going into lock mode has ever been talked about before. I'm new to this discussion site and I don't come on often to check if I got any responses.

This approach has been used long, long ago. The downside is by putting ignition wire on the jumper between batteries, the drain on the batteries will be uneven, causing them to eventually get out of balance. There is generally a tiny resistor somewhere inside the controller that can be changed to get the same effect without causing a battery imbalance.

Back