Off-Road Dreamin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Noq for the honesty and chuckle worthy pics on your controller mod and motor windings!

If you keep up that modding spirit you will learn the skills to make mods work soon enough!

WOW! That's a lot of money for a motor. I started converting a Yamaha YJ125 Vino 7 months ago and had to stop because the spending was going out of control. I figured I would need an additional $3000 CDN to finish the project. I didn't have it so I worked overtime and once I got a couple grand, I bought this instead. A 33 year old Honda Magna V30. No one can say if any of the electric vehicles today will be as reliable for so long.
honda_magna_v30_zpswe24ikp1.jpg~original

I really hope that new motor works out and I hope you install it on a genuine motorcycle, not a cheap Chinese scooter imported into this country as a bicycle. Good luck and have fun.

Noq said:
Mistercrash, here is where we were able to fit that controller (just barely):

deGSpEL.jpg

The tech at QS Motors in China told me that I could run the 8kW motor at up to 120V safely. My mouth watered :D But then I realised my Kelly 96501 can't exceed 96V. I'm not amp- or torque-limited, but I am voltage limited.

Was just rereading your thread, I got myself in a situation where I'm going to have to go with the 96V controller over the KLS-H model which maxes out as a 72v model because of my 96v Chevy volt modules. However looking at the space to fit the controller is going to be pretty pushed! :shock:

I could trim off 2s off one Volt modules, but seems a waste. I don't think I can trim 10mm off either side of the length of the controller so might just have to build a cardboard mockup to see how it might fit.

ps.. the way I read the spec sheets, your 96v controller can be overvolted to 120v so you have wiggle room.

Hi noq, and mistercrash, I just got one of those little Chinese e-car testers, and checked all my components on my Motorino XPh. According to these tests, it is my CONTROLLER that failed. I want to share that so others with similar symptoms can learn. (like an odometer that never stops turning at over 90kph). I explained my problem in depth on another Motorino thread here. So, I am looking for a good used controller, preferably a plug n play. I know many members here have upgraded their components/controllers to Kelly, etc., so there should be a few sitting around out there? If I can't find a stock one, any recommendations for upgrades? Tnx...Nick . :)

noq wishes this thread deleted. He has deleted his own content, which partially solves the issue.
Since other members content is in the thread, i'm giving it a lock and sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back