la Nina rears her ugly head

Rain's been predicted with varying chances for this weekend; Saturday's been from 40 down to 20, but never got cloudy, much less rainy. Was starrily clear on my way home from work, horizon to horizon.

Prediction has now gone down to 10% overnight, and tomorrow's up to 50%; tomorrow night down to 20%.

We got almost a quarter inch of rain in one storm, plus a bit more in a few others, on Sunday. Then it cleared up for the afternoon/evening/night, and stayed that way. Got down to 38F (45F predicted) just before dawn, and stayed colder than expected today (62F highest in my area, 67F predicted). Warmer in teh sun of course, but not much.

Got cold fast as the sun got near setting, too, and I wound up having to come up with a heater and light ot keep working on the trike; a 1000w halogen work light used only a couple feet away from me.
file.php

Worked better than expected, but I wish I could bring the trike into the house to work on small bits like wiring...it's just too wide to go thru the door now though.

Wednesday
A 10 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 57. Light south wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Wednesday night
A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 39. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.

TV weather bunny is calling it a dry front. Lets hope not. :(

Today
A 30 percent chance of showers after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tonight
A 50 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

:pancake:

Low tonight forecast to be 28°F, Was 34°F last night, not the kind of temps we're used to having lived on the coast for all those years. :oops:
In a couple of days we're looking at a highs of 75°F and lows of 42°F, the warm breeze during the daytime fills the house so no heater needed at night.

Froze hard here last night too, but no rain in sight. Way, way behind where I was last year for rainfall. They're going to be talking about drought again pretty soon.

First freezing of the season last night, below 30F by dawn. A little ice in the dogs' water bowl outside, but melted before midday. (it's about 53F right now).

No ice in the dogs' "pool" yet, which will be retired for the winter now, back in use when it starts getting 80F outside again and Yogi needs to cool his toes off. ;)

Getting very cold, 20F daytime with no snow cover. That can mean frozen water lines form the street.

40F and dropping when I got home from work around 11pm tonight. Was 38F a bit ago when I went out to make sure i'd plugged in the warmer lamp under the trike. (almost 60F inside the shed, because I *had* remembered).

amberwolf said:
40F and dropping when I got home from work around 11pm tonight. Was 38F a bit ago when I went out to make sure i'd plugged in the warmer lamp under the trike. (almost 60F inside the shed, because I *had* remembered).
Shorts and t shirt weather in MN. 20F toda6 an$ i saw a dozen college kids in shorts and exercise tights..brrrrr...

Any chances of rain removed from the forecast now. Zero for December, normally one of our wettest months.

A 20 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8F/-22C. Wind chill values as low as -26F/-32C. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph.

No riding this week.

Monday
A slight chance of showers after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 72.
Monday night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Tuesday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 71.
Tuesday night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Wednesday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66.

Barely a trace of rain last night. Not enough to measure in the rain gauge.

Meanwhile, the east coast is getting hit by a "bomb cyclone" whatever that is.

Monday
A 40 percent chance of showers after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.
Monday night
Showers likely, mainly after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday
Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 58.
Tuesday night
Showers, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
Wednesday
A chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 62.

Finland. Helsinki. Not a single drop of snow on the ground. Everything black.
Zero minutes of sunshine in december. Sky is black and the ground is black 24/7.
In mid-january we haven't had a single minute of sunshine in two months. Next week we should get some, they forecasted.
Do you ever think how it feels to live two months without a single minute of sunshine? That's your welfare state for you.
frocking submarine.

Back