E-bike computer

falcon350

1 µW
Hi everyone.
I've been using an ebike for about 20 months now. But it is just recently that I've started paying attention to what this whole world has to offer.
Question: Is there a bike computer with an option to give a set amount of watts?
My bike has a KT-LCD3 digital computer and it has many parameters i can change. But i can't find a way to set a number of watts per gear.
Currently, it gives more or less power depending on the PAS gear I choose, but these gears seem to only affect how fast the bike'll go before it stops assisting. (G1 for 16kmh, G2 for 22kmh, G3 for 26kmh, etc..
I'd like to have a set amount of watts or, at least, a maximum amount of watts i can get from each gear.
As in, 100w max for G1
200w max for G2....
And so on..
Is that possible? Am i asking something crazy?
I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge and my bad english. Hope someone can help me sort this out.
Thank you all for your time!

Hehe... "number of watts per gear"... Hi "falcon350"... Just so yah know... adding an electric assist sorta "throws gears out the window"... :) Having 1-3 gears in "normal". :wink:

Hi LockH, thanks for your reply..
No idea what you mean. Haha, sorry. But i know you know your shit, I've seen other posts from you. Could you please explain?
What do you mean by throw gears out the window?
And having 1-3 gears in normal?

Maybe i didn't explain myself properly. By gears i mean pedal assistance levels. Sorry.
I wonder if there's a computer that gives you a maximum amoumt of watts per level, rather than full power til it gets up to a set speed on each level. I think that way I'd save lots of battery.

The Cycle Analyst v3 from Grin Tech http://ebikes.ca will do what you want, but it may require either a different controller than you have now, or setting up the one you have so it's always maxed out when powered on (so you don't have to pick a level or change settings on it's own display every time you turn the bike on).

The CAv3 does not replace your existing display (which is essentially a part of the ocntroller); it goes between your throttle and PAS sensor and ebrake levers and wheel speed sensor, and the controller, and reinterprets the signals from those to tell the controller what to do depending on how you have setup the CAv3.

There is a detailed setup guide and manual and a whole thread about what it can do, all linked on it's product pages on teh Grin site linked above. It is complex to setup, and may take tweaking after you've done the setup thru all of the Guide's step by step, but it should allow you exact control over what the system does once it's complete.

I'd recommend reading thru the Guide, and at least skimming the thread about the CAv3, before you buy anything, to see if it's what you're after.

Back