Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan, looks like a beautiful home. quite a bit warmer than the midwest. Hope it works out for you. :D

slacker said:
dan, looks like a beautiful home. quite a bit warmer than the midwest. Hope it works out for you. :D

Thanks Slacker. I doubt it is still there as it is too cheap for that house. unless there are problems not listed.
Wife has given up on the cold and wants to retire. Can't blame her, I've been retired for 10 years now and would like to get out of here too.

I thought it was just me and dauntless reading this story/novel :shock:

Dan

https://www.century21.com/property/1377-white-oak-rd-fredericksburg-tx-78624-REN027802149

Here's the place for you. I've been there, what a sight.

Phone went dead while I was trying to post, such a great response GONE. Is it important enough to write again?

Somehow, this strong small island will survive.
-Sign behind the bar of The Chequit

So is the sign still there? Is the Inn still there? Is this a place than someone like I would avoid if I wasn't such a damn adventurer?

swbluto said:
I think it's funny how some people are actually out in the real world DOING SOMETHING and IMPROVING and LEARNING and others are sitting at home being armchair critics with no insight of their own.

And some are lost in their delusions, hoping to slant just the right definition that THEY can say proves they're better than everyone else. That is hardly having insight.

Hard to find anyone who believes that having an 'eBay business' somehoweans you're out in the world improving anything.

swbluto said:
I see how much better off I am compared to many of the "fallen retiree residents" here.

And how the hell would YOU know how much anyone else Is worth? Being booted from the military is a fall. What, 40 years earlier than them? If you do somehow manage to get to be "Worth" more than they? Will that make you better than them? Are they better than you until then?

I was worth more than you at age 20. You're FALLING behind. Not that I agree with your "Fallen retirees" bellyflop, but you'll never be worth what I'm worth. I've always lived in a house. Even after dad died and mom moved away while i was in college. Only time spent living out of a vehicle is when I'm on the road shooting. With the house waiting faithfully for my return. Your little self definition is failing. How will you ever imagine yourself better than me?

By age 20 I'd been taking care of my terminally I'll father as well as nieces and nephews from divorced siblings. And working so I can pay for things like, oh, college and survival. Never mind catching up with me now, when will you catch up with me at 20?

So why not see if you can find it in you to seek answers to the little questions I asked up top. I'll see if I can remember the correct spelling.

Being a sessile is not temporary. A barnacle might be attached to a moving ship, but its not the barnacle that is moving.

Dauntless said:
And how the hell would YOU know how much anyone else Is worth? Being booted from the military is a fall. What, 40 years earlier than them? If you do somehow manage to get to be "Worth" more than they? Will that make you better than them? Are they better than you until then?

I was worth more than you at age 20. You're FALLING behind. Not that I agree with your "Fallen retirees" bellyflop, but you'll never be worth what I'm worth. I've always lived in a house. Even after dad died and mom moved away while i was in college. Only time spent living out of a vehicle is when I'm on the road shooting. With the house waiting faithfully for my return. Your littleself definition is failing. How will you ever imagine yourself better than me?

By age 20 I'd been taking care of my terminally I'll father as well as nieces and nephews from divorced siblings. And working so I can pay for things like, oh, college and survival. Never mind catching up with me now, when will you catch up with me at 20?

So why not see if you can find it in you to seek answers to the little questions I asked up top. I'll see if I can remember the correct spelling.

Being a sessile is not temporary. A barnacle might be attached to a moving ship, but its not the barnacle that is moving.

Holy crap, you just don't stop, do you? No way in hell am I comparing myself to the generations of past who lived during America's halcyon years, I'm comparing myself to MY GENERATION, BIG F*CKING DIFFERENCE. Being a young adult during the greatest depression since the great depression is a BIG handicap, nevermind my parents picking the worst possible city economies to live in (Focus on the fact that market entrants, i.e., young adults, took the brunt of the unemployment/income affects.). The fact I'm doing f'ing fantastic on national statistics considering all these handicaps is a dream come true, a dream I worked hard for. The American Dream.

I'm more the ship than the barnacle. See this thread? You're the barnacle sucking the life out of this ship known as my thread. And is this thread moving! Post by post, page by page. Please, please stop it. lol. (More so the barancle-ism than the posting, your posting is f'ing fantastic.)

And, lol, you're right, by the time I would inherit my parents vast fortune, you could no longer be able to possess fortune being likely unfortunate at some point in time along the way depriving the ability to do so. But, if I did inherit my parents vast fortune just like the person I would incomparably comparing to myself RIGHT NOW, you bet your bottom dollar I would possess a far vaster fortune than you. But, see, I'm not winning because I'm riding my parents' coattails, it's because I inherited their champion bloodline and I'm using it to full affect. And you know what traits those were exactly? Opportunity seeking and tenacity. And a bit of intelligence and foresight.

Maybe that what won the HEB chick over, the opportunity I simply grabbed and the tenacity in doing so. She saw a winner.

And by the way, I don't run a simple ebay business. I run an empire. And my glory is the fact I'm THE MARKET LEADER in my sector. The platform actually diposed me of this position somewhat temporarily, which is kind of piss poor actually, but I'm not complaining about the tripling in networth that's firmly in place now, lol.

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:
I think it's funny how some people are actually out in the real world DOING SOMETHING and IMPROVING and LEARNING and others are sitting at home being armchair critics with no insight of their own. Oh well, one could only hope everyone would be helpful. I guess you could be like my neighbors here, out to hurt others, and see where that's landed them - one of the worst neighborhoods in Houston. It's funny people tend to get what they deserve and here I am GETTING A LOT. lol

Btw, this didn't necessarily come naturally. I spent many years about learning effective sales approaches, and I'm finding it's more than quadrupled my success compared to my competitors and I'm becoming pretty rich fast as a result. The military was instrumental in opening myself up to others, becoming somewhat more conversational.

One might critique, you're in one of the worst neighborhoods too!

But, au contraire, this is my starting position. I started off this year with a networth of $10000, which landed me here, but then I tripled my networth within a year, so I'm landing somewhere better hopefully in 2 months. It's called social mobility and climbing the ladder.

I see how much better off I am compared to many of the "fallen retiree residents" here. They often have a networth of around $120,000 at the age of 55, damn, I should be well past that number by age 40.
Boy, I sure missed you. Thought you have moved on.
I was getting board sitting in my armchair all day without your posts.
500 sq/ft, so big. That is the size of my office in my small house here in Chicago. What I am in the process of doing is moving out of the freeze. Looking at this house yesterday and having my parents to check it out. It's kinda a little bit bigger than I need but cheap. https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...rook-Ln_Hudson_FL_34667_M52936-25521#photo17

Dan

Okay, good luck, just make sure you choose the right area of florida to own a home. Some parts contain large % black populations and high murder rates and armed robberies, so be careful. I would personally stay out of north florida for the most part, and generally speaking, the more rural and poorer areas.

And tampa, good choice. Especially that area, I think(?), it's right next to the ocean bike path that goes into the heart of Tampa. I was also idealizing living somewhere near that bike path if I could.

[It's funny that I seem to be describing this area with the second and third sentence... poorer more rural areas and high murder rates and armed robberies... the local grocery just got armed robbery...suspect I was getting targeted one morning... lots of theft with the mailboxes apparently. Yep, I didn't trust this area to not be filled with thieves, why I got a security mailbox which I didn't install yet. Probably will at the next residence. And stalking associated with homicide... not taking my chances. I'm staying armed.]

Getting really tired, getting hard to breath, feels like lots of amorphous phlegm in the throat...

Hmmm...

I would suppose allergies for the phlegm because my neighbor has it, but getting really tired and hard to breath at the same time....

How I can be sure that's not heart failure?

It almost seems like it's gotten easier to get lightheaded carrying heavy objects. It seems ironic that picking up a single lead battery weighing 70 lbs feels like it's easy as heck, but yet I feel like I'm somewhat losing consciousness with the lightheadedness that lasts for a good 20 minutes afterwards. I'll know that more fully tomorrow when I finish off the floor framing, picking up gravel bags and 2x6s. It seems like it'd be a show stopper to building houses if I can't pick up 60 pounds anymore, and that's even before I even started, lol.

https://www.goredforwomen.org/about-heart-disease/young-mothers-battle-against-heart-disease/

Age 30 mom - Dilated Cardiomyopathy and that only 10% of my heart was functioning

I had a cardioverter defibrillator implanted on the left side of my chest to help me survive sudden cardiac death, which is my number one threat with a weak heart.

Yes, it does feel like that. A weak heart that suddenly succumbs to the strain of lifting "heavy things". A serious episode of lightheadedness is a possible prelude to sudden cardiac arrest the next time. There's no real warnings during the moment, other than it suddenly happening. (Well, actually, there was like 4 seconds of rapid-fire recurring palpitations right before the serious lightheadedness. Not sure what exactly might've been happening there... "fluttering" left ventricle -> palpitations and reduced blood flow -> light-headedness. What could cause the left ventricle to flutter... )

I wonder how much the trauma of losing the HEB chick might've influenced this hypothetical development? A broken heart. It's known that doing so does seriously damage the heart.

And, that livestrong article also mentioned cardiomyopathy for "Getting lightheaded lifting heavy things". So, seems like cardiomyopathy is a strong possibility in my case.

And if that's case... wow... 50% death rate for cardiomyopathy within 2 years. Ok, well here's hoping! lol.

Holy crap, and that Wrong Planet soothsayer was saying "This kind of person"(which I suspected might have been my kind) usually dies at age 32. The timing of all these hypotheticals seems remarkable, lol.

And dilated cardiomyopathy could be caused by chagas disease. And all those mosquitos biting me this last year...

I was betting chagas hadn't made it this far north, but I could've been very wrong.

Oh wait... the kissing bug... and it has been making it's way into southern texas...

They analyzed blood samples that were previously collected for other purposes but could be tested for Chagas disease and found that one in every 500 people tested positive for Chagas disease and that there was a high prevalence of the disease in stray dogs (3.8 percent) and coyotes (8 percent) in the area. They also found a high prevalence of the disease in the kissing bugs (56.5 percent), which carry the disease and infect both animals and humans.

“There is clearly evidence of local transmission occurring,” said Murray.

Researchers suspect that transmission may have increased since these data were collected. They estimate that about 4,600 people in the Río Grande Valley have Chagas disease and that 1,300 of those are at risk of developing cardiomyopathy.

In this case you were quite perjoritive in comparing yourself to senior citizens, but again you act like there's something wrong with us reacting to it. Hardly halcyon years they lived through, many lost half their retirement money in the recession you mentioned.

What I and others see in this thread is you rooted in this H.E.B. chick fantasy, talking of this "History" with women which is apparently a long string of accidental eye contacts from afar. What a pot boiling autobiography you could write.

swbluto said:
Holy crap, you just don't stop, do you?

Its called 'Movement.' Perhaps you've sat and watched it before. All your post is would be more sessile. I'm the big movement here, followed by Dan. Even the occasional troll distracts from your stick in the mud. If we WERE to stop, the thread would stop. No matter how much you posted, it would be at a standstill. (Leaving some of these people thinking of how to torment you.) What's amazing is you'd tell yourself you were triumphant, posting nonsense to yourself and telling yourself everyone is applauding. But still, so lonely. . . .

swbluto said:
And, lol, you're right, by the time I would inherit my parents vast fortune, you could no longer be able to possess fortune being likely unfortunate at some point in time along the way depriving the ability to do so.

????

swbluto said:
And by the way, I don't run a simple ebay business. I run an empire. And my glory is the fact I'm THE MARKET LEADER in my sector. The platform actually diposed me of this position somewhat temporarily, which is kind of piss poor actually, but I'm not complaining about the tripling in networth that's firmly in place now, lol.

I'm picturing this trashcan fire, with you standing over it as you give your speech, your shadow on the wall of a nearby building looming large and menacing. . . .

Okay, here's what I'm gonna do. Instead of a standstill story like you tell, I'm gonna write you a MOVING story about a woman. Oh, a TRUE story, by the way. But rather than blow you out with sweeping her off her feet, this'll be a didn't actually get the girl tale. Boy, I can feel you anticipating this as I write and you can't even READ this yet. How you must yearn.

I just gotta decide what would be the good story.

And what would be better than using it to sweep a girl off her feet. Flirting with a girl over text messages is the safest bet. It will let the girl stay in her comfort zone and will give you the liberty to stretch the conversation as much as you want.

This is some bull. Sweeping a girl is best done by taking risks and taking her FAR OUT OF HER COMFORT ZONE. It's the "playing it safe" pussies who don't do the sweeping. If she's not comfortable with you in real life, she's not likely comfortable with you period, and I would spend more energies finding the "right girl". Just some like some guys are bad apples, some girls are bad apples and it's wise to avoid wasting too much energy on bad apples. (I guess technically speaking, they're more like not-soul-mates. And maybe in my case, they're just not sluts, lol.)

The best way to sweep a girl off her feet is to make her feel like all of your attention is on her. Open doors for her, bring her flowers, and really listen to her when she talks. Make her feel loved by giving her unexpected kisses and sending her texts when you're thinking of her.

Eh, it's kind of getting it right here. Sweeping a girl off her feet is really about bombarding her with the intense overtures of love, yes it is.

Unexpected kisses...

Unexpected deep gazes...

I already noted how the affects of my gaze was identical in effects to a passionate kiss judging from a book passage. And it was indeed powered by passion.

Thinking about a girl offering to suck her angry bf off because it's making her hot. It's interesting that the passionate love gaze followed her anger, because it too was making me hot. So, in other words, that wasn't an anomaly, that's precisely how it's supposed to happen which is why it felt so intense and natural, like flowing water over a babbling brook. Or a roaring tsunami. It followed one of life's embedded scripts whom many apparently never experience.

And, kind of interesting thinking sucking a guy off had the same affect as gazing into her eyes. She did seem to be experiencing the heights of ecstasy, just like as often indicated by the eyes of a man rolling backwards in his socket as he's getting sucked off, I've noticed. Just like the ecstacy of designer drugs, she was clearly showing the signs of drug withdrawal (tremors,weakness,pleading to get her drug back) when I rejected her. Yep, so I was pumping some highly addicting ecstasy drugs through her veins and she wanted more.

This reminds me of:

[youtube]ij_0p_6qTss[/youtube]

This is a modern fairy tale
No happy endings
No wind in our sails
But I can't imagine a life without
Breathless moments
Breaking me down, down, down, down

Breathless moments = moments of ecstacy.

Dauntless said:
I just gotta decide what would be the good story.

You've noticed that the successes tend to have far longer stories than the non-successes, despite the exposure time being not that much different. That's because it makes for a better story, and wise people taking those good emotions and run with them, and suppress the negative ones that do no good dwelling on them. Those stories are merely brief and instructive, in this context, they teach you more about what kind of girl you're NOT looking for.

And, really, it's not merely because "success" vs "failure"...

It's because LOVE is not just a mere success; it's complete and utter victory. It's what you were really designed to achieve in life and you feel it in your bones when you do.

In reaction to (The questions that start at :48, and extended at 2:08):

[youtube]BzE1mX4Px0I[/youtube]

Apparently Dauntless! lol

And songs based on the ecstacy of love... from my old days...

[youtube]B_aioZtpPJY[/youtube]

She was in my dreams... dream girl... and I her fantasy?

And she definitely seemed to be wanted to be wanted. Incredulous at first, happy as hell after confirmed.

Seems (many) girls love being wanted and fearless expressions of said desires. (Bold gazes, kisses,etc.)

Maybe THAT is what the initial distrust based on expressing interest are... she thinks you might be teasing her... or playing her... not really true interest.

Did she match my old idea of my dream girl? Content, laidback, eveything-is-good smiling caucasion blond or brunette of fair countenance, pictured in a beach shack of some sort near the coast somewhere.

In some ways... not exactly... more of the excitable impulsive and happy kind... but they seem to share the element of contentedness. And she did seem laidback /at times/, so yes, there was that. Though, she did seem to be looking for something desperately and urgently.

I obviously found HER more appealing than my old dream girl idea, so what did I know?

And listening to flock of seagulls - "I ran", I want to play some of those guitar riffs, lol. Would it help me find the one? lol

Unlike them, I didn't run away, not from her. There's been others, but I could definitely get away from them, lol, but not her.

Thanks Slacker. I doubt it is still there as it is too cheap for that house. unless there are problems not listed.
Wife has given up on the cold and wants to retire. Can't blame her, I've been retired for 10 years now and would like to get out of here too.

I thought it was just me and dauntless reading this story/novel :shock:

Dan

no i occasionally stop by to read this fairy tale as it is quite amusing.

[youtube]iIpfWORQWhU[/youtube]

Eyes that hypnoptized him through.... he ran away...

Hmmm....

What if she was him?

Unlike him, she couldn't just get hired back right away. So there was no way to "Could not get away".

If that is the case, regret. Probably massive regret.

Do I think that was the case? No, not at all, she wasn't scared AT ALL. She, unlike many guys and gals, was FEARLESS. And she fully embraced the love like she had been looking for it her entire life. And, like her, so was I as are countless others, even if they don't really know it yet. Or maybe they secretly do, but jelly about those who've found it but don't (supposedly) deserve it and snide at every possibly opportunity.

She likely found someone else and went with them. Or moved in with relatives across the state.

There's a women with 3 kids here in this neighborhood like that. Moved in with... probably her brother owner based on race... was waving me down for a ride, didn't realize it until 500 feet down the road. Didn't matter, don't have room, my van is secure storage space for now, lol.

And she never thought she'd meet a guy like me... hmmm... maybe, maybe not. lol

Love, wealth and happiness. The trifecta.

Seems the uncontented are missing at least one of the three, usually two or more.

(And looking online, it looks like Health is there too. Well, shoot, despite my non-ideal health, seems like there's plenty opportunity to be happy.)

Awww... just discovered dauntless's problem. Typecasting. I don't really care, I know who I really am inside, and I'm a sexy animal.

Anyway, let me explain my strategy.

Building businesses / seeking wage opportunities (jobs) for income.

Putting income into real estate in good promising markets. (Land and structures, i.e., Houston; land prices have nonatupled in houston in the past 30 years.)

Do rent seeking where applicable.

Doesn't seem like a bad strategy. Don't pay rent or mortage interest, land keeps appreciating, and houses typically have value multipliers when constructed. Plus, I get the price of house at its true costs, not the HOLY CRAP INFLATION most builders' homes seem to have. Those things literally cost like $40,000 to construct in materials and land, probably another $20,000 in illegal wages.... selling for $170,000... do the math! Getting RIPPED OFF! And people's wages are getting raped by the big banks thru mortgage interest and usually their partner industry in crime, insurance companies.

See, I'm romulus seeking the female version of my remus. Humble beginnings, rome wasn't built in a day.

(And, oh just learned, apparently romulus killed remus. Probably shouldn't use that metaphor... lol... even though it might be as appropriate as oedipus' story; the more I try to avoid fate, the more I ensure it.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4835220/

Apparently an increase in heart failure with diesel exhaust intake. Breathing in exhaust gases seem bad for heart health, like I suspected. Hmmm.... wonder....

Cardiomyopathy is the main problem according to this paper.

And, wow, didn't I suspect I might have cardiomyopathy?

Well.... this is getting suspect...

And those fumes... yes... those too.

2.5 um particulates.

You know, romulus killing remus... just thought about the plausible scenario.

Cheating wife... many historical precendents about killing cheating wives.

And I seem attracted to sluts... you can't marry a ho.... because they'll probably cheat. (The hos I know who have married seem prone to divorce)

Maybe, it's plausible.

Considering that divorce would have a probable financial devastation behind it, all the more decrepit with them being at fault, it's not unlikely there would be a financial incentive for someone's inexplicable untimely death. I wonder how many times that's happened?

Let's google it.

Murder divorce.

https://www.google.com/search?q=murder+divorce&oq=murder+divorce&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2091j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yep, lot of examples here.

Sluts are easy to spot. They do sexual provocations to attractive males (Sometimes to males with attractive body language). If you're not attractive, I GUESS it's harder to spot them.

(Man, implying my cousin is a slut... oh... that can't be.... maybe it's not a FOOLPROOF method of detection.)

I suspect they might be teases to guys they find unattractive, but sluts to those they do not.

On the "She ran away" theory...

[youtube]EUJ4moYGHCE[/youtube]

Wonder where she will stay....

LOL. Exactly what I've been wondering... not for the same reasons... she was looking for a place at the time... not that she was at mine...

And "why" she ran away... or quit rather... yep! Parents? Someone else take her? She moved in with relatives across state? Got fired? Found another job? So many questions, lol.

Tears are falling and intense pain. Oh, those moments of "Great loss", lol, yep, I know exactly how you feel Del Shannon.

Okay, got all the holes dug for the concrete spacers, installed the gravel and I fully assembled the floor frame using a 21 oz. manual hammer and nails, no nailgun. That was some good exercise, yes it was. All of that took about 3 hours. Just need to get the OSB and assemble the flooring, might need some 10 ft. 2x4s to make sure the osb has a firm frame to nail into at all the edges. Saw the potential need for blocking, seems the 2x6s are a little wobbly standing on them. "Wobbly floors"

Make sure I had enough bananas and water before doing the heavy work this time. No palpitations and lightheadedness, though the heavy lifting was limited. Definitely no "super attack" mode, pretty calm, no super high adrenaline episodes despite the occasional forceful work.

I think if I get 69x osbs... I might as well create to the size of the floor frame, 10x12. Looks spacey enough. The roof will use the 7/16 osb, I'll just double it up if I make it walkable in the future. Will use 16 inch stud spacing just incase I might make the top walkable.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/juliet-jeske/dating-after-divorce-in-a_b_944133.html

Dating After Divorce In a City of Sluts (New York City)

I have extreme difficulty navigating the nuanced dance that is dating. I have learned I can’t be too direct, eager, needy, desperate, clingy, emotional, commitment pressuring, or baby daddy seeking.

:?

She probably hasn't met the right guy, lol.

And people with divorced parents are more likely sluts.

Hmmm. Really? You're telling me this cute kroger girl is a slut? It would fit the beautiful girl do your dirt trend. I guess maybe they tone it down a bit after some age... not sure exactly why, adult men more feisty than teenagers...they're not horny teenagers anymore... likely been betrayed too often on the seeking of love... I'm sure some sluts are love seekers... just as most females.

Well, if arousal is any indication which oddly enough seems to be, I guess maybe it's possible. It almost seems the more slutty they are, the more aroused I am, lol. Too predictable, I guess. The "love" potion that can sometimes accompany it really seems to significantly intensify and prolong the arousal, in terms of months. Hell, I can still imagine probable scenarios with the HEB chick and ooh boy... no problems with arousal, lol.

The desperate for love theory would be a possibility BUT... it was URGENT too. Not likely love. Probably residence.

Although, desperate for love and attention... goes together... and she definitely seemed to be an attention seeker.

She was desperate for love and an attention seeker and she acted incredulous I wanted someone like her... that seems consistent. I guess she was "a loser", but... f.... I guess I love those, lol. She was a lovable loser.

The HEB chick?

050cde5720da31597105cf20da98082460b9dc-wm.jpg

images

Can definitely verify desperate and horny and her facial interactions with others definitely seemed "odd", probably awkward I GUESS. Didn't seem that odd to me talking to me, though. Detectably different from the norms, yes, but....I was attuned with her so I wouldn't assume otherwise.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/05/seeking-arrangement-201005

I felt awful the rest of the evening. Charlie was everything I could want in a sugar daddy—I liked and trusted him, and he would have supported me happily. And yet, when faced with the reality of sleeping with him, I couldn’t mask my apathy.

Lol, yep, he could definitely sense your missing passion in your "Why not?" answer to his "Why?" reply which was a reply to your "Of course" answer to his original "Would you have sex with me?" question, lol.

When it came time to move beyond snuggling, I finally succumbed to my inability to fabricate feelings for him. Apparently it’s not just conventional courtship I covet, but love.

Oh, isn't that so. Unexpectedly overpowering a girl with the overtures of love is what sweeps them off their feet. Some decry love as some "fairy tale", but oh, be sure, when IT HITS, its existence is undeniable. I couldn't differentiate between lust and love initially, but I've learned much about the difference since, and the heb chick was definitely love. Lust was simply the initial stage rocket booster to get the rocket off the ground.

Her mention of courtship versus love. DEFINITELY NOT COURTSHIP THAT MOVES THE GIRL! lol. Well, I guess the expression of interest in initiating courtship can induce reciprocating interest, but... the throes of passion aren't in formalities, not one iota.

Wow, I really hit the nail on the head to generate all the desperate posts trying to get his mind off it. Let alone the weak, pathetic efforts such as:

swbluto said:
Awww... just discovered dauntless's problem. Typecasting. I don't really care, I know who I really am inside, and I'm a sexy animal.

Typecasting? You mean like where they keep putting bridles on you and you wonder WHY? (Because you're a horse.) No about of "I can't hear you, nah nah nah nah" will help you forget.

Can't make the video play on my phone, correcting that'll have to wait. But I can correct you on the idea of the successes being longer stories, because there's nothing to tell in the successes. Read 'The Unfair Advantage, ' see how he has far more to say about why a racecar failed than why it succeeded. Oh, the McLaren M16 at Indy is just the greatest story, him explaining why his win was his most embarrassing failure. The guys' nickname went from being Captain Nice to Dark Monodue.

Ah, but I promised you a story and I'll let my thumbs do the talking. Rest assured there'll be nothing about eye contact, after all, since its required and so terribly basic there's no reason to bring it up.

So I was at the local Kroger's chair store, which in California is called Ralph's when this woman decided to start talking to me. No surprise, they do it all the time, hence no need to mention. . .you know. I'm not going to rave about her being so good looking because she wasn't. Presentable, but not the woman that tabloid followers want to be marrying the prince. But I was favorably disposed, just the way she talked seemed so. . .cuddly.

Once, twice, three times she came up to me in public. If I was wondering why I learned the answer when I was approached in public by a couple I know with her in their company. I learned she had the same nickname as my late sister, that in fact the shared the first name.

One thing you finally learn when you're the guy women talk to, there's no point in rushing in to try to date. So often all those around assume she's flirting, then they share my surprise at the ultimate rejection.sooner or later you figure out you gotta wait for something stronger.

But I quickly learned she didn't live so close by, she was only around because she had money trouble and took a second job. That came when I found her waiting tables in a restaurant walking distance from my house. So you figure out the slow times, which will leave her time to stand around and talk to you a little.

I never really thought it was forma bonum to be trying a little too hard where the woman works, her being a captive audience and all, but I thought she was giving the go ahead as she's telling me ". . . .Imbglad you came in, I thought I wasnt going to get a chance to tell you. . . ." I guess her money troubles were doing better, this was her last night waiting tables. But why was it so important for her to tell me if she was just going to tell me "No?"

Doesn't that mean this story wasn't about her?

So she had this coworker while she worked there. One woman talks to you, maybe they all will. This one started asking me about a major news story at the time. One you all marveled at my expertise in word was already traveling downtown of my great wisdom on the subject, as well as my having the best jokes.

So this is the one the tabloids DO want to put her picture on the cover. She bears a close resemblance to a particular actress, so much that I showed pictures on my phone and people thought it was her.

So again with others being so quick to say she's flirting with me and I should move in. Especially as she involves me in her problems with the unwanted attention of other men. (Now there's a situation that'll make you hesitate, right?) I suppose I could read something into her inquiries into what sort of car I drive, or that I actually OWN a house. (Oh, articles in 'Vanity Fair' are for women who already decided to care about those things, NOT to teach women that they should focus on that.) It probably meant something that she found was to introduce me to her no longer married mother and father, whom I'd find around town and they'd be surprisingly familiar with me.

Oh, but she stopped talking to me. The wall went up. When she can't avoid me there's this tone when she speaks. When a woman rejects you they expect you to act like every thing is okay as they cut out your heart with a dull blade and cast it into a bottomless pit of despair. But just try even once to not fall all over one of them when that's what she wanted you to do and watch her go all North Korean dictator with nuclear weapons on you.

Its not that she wasn't good enough. When I was in college I probably would have gotten carried away over how good looking she was. I might prefer someone a little more level headed, maybe even educated But she definitely would have among the nicest of my girlfriends and I suppose she could have been worth playing Svengali over.

I'll just go ahead and make the point in case you can't figure it out: I know what I want, to the point the first woman seemed far more my type. I'd think anyone who had ever had a successful relationship would see the difference in the conversations with the two.

I'll just add I don't think upset with me for not broaching a subject she never broached either. Again, perfectly alright for women to think they should be able to talk to a man without him assuming she means anything by it. But just let the man let it pass when she DOES mean it. . . .

Who knows, that might have made all the difference in the world. I mean have you ever asked the girl out and when she demurrs you say 'That's okay, its not like I REALLY wanted to. . . ?" Oh, wait, there's some terribly rude people around here who'd make a POINT of doing that. But really, why be seeing someone you're not so anxious to see? I mean here's possibly her one chance to prove she's not so superphysical after all when she talks me into it.

Ah well, obviously she thinks that would be more trouble than its worth. As John F. Kennedy said about going to the moon; "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard." Great double entendre there on men chasing women, but indeed woman mostly stop at easy.

Anyway, so, ah, made any good eye contact lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back