Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
1408889384427629891.jpg

Hmmm...somewhere between frock you and I wanna frock you. Looks universal.

Unless that's not an angry face he has on... Okay, maybe that's the deep groan accompanying the height of ecstasy. Yeah, I've seen that expression before on humans and it was right at the height, yes it was.

swbluto said:
Okay, got all the holes dug for the concrete spacers, installed the gravel and I fully assembled the floor frame using a 21 oz. manual hammer and nails, no nailgun. That was some good exercise, yes it was. All of that took about 3 hours. Just need to get the OSB and assemble the flooring, might need some 10 ft. 2x4s to make sure the osb has a firm frame to nail into at all the edges. Saw the potential need for blocking, seems the 2x6s are a little wobbly standing on them. "Wobbly floors"

Make sure I had enough bananas and water before doing the heavy work this time. No palpitations and lightheadedness, though the heavy lifting was limited. Definitely no "super attack" mode, pretty calm, no super high adrenaline episodes despite the occasional forceful work.

I think if I get 69x osbs... I might as well create to the size of the floor frame, 10x12. Looks spacey enough. The roof will use the 7/16 osb, I'll just double it up if I make it walkable in the future. Will use 16 inch stud spacing just incase I might make the top walkable.
Pictures?

I see how non-meritocratic the current posters seem to be. I never thought Dauntless a commie though? He's a crony capitalist? Only the deserving few are allowed the keys to the kingdom? Oh dude, I hate to think you're contributing to wealth inequality with ideas like that, in addition to blind allegiant uninformed consumerism that applies to the mass of consumers. I guess if you're LOOKING to create a third world country for all but the select few, you seem to be helping. The fact I'm moving from quasi-third-world to first-world plus within a year of moving out of my parents house with solid property holdings that'll continue appreciating, I can almost bet, means I'm doing fantastic; this is distinctly about insight, foresight and delayed gratification and all the longterm goodness that comes with it. But, that's thing: I HAVE TO WORK FOR IT! The OSB and lumber ain't gonna assemble itself. I want it, I gotta put in the time and labor to get it. And that's the way it should be!

Anyway, I thought about why some women really like spending their husband's cash frivously.

(Saw a bumper sticker, "I carry no cash. I'm married!")

Power.

There's a certain sense of power knowing you can have anything you want. And exercises of that power are fulfilling.

I don't think it's much different from the USA having the power to seize the oil fields of China during the early 1900s. They had the power to get what they wanted and they exercised that power: oil.

This combined with acquiring status markers to express status and impress others seems to guide much of their spending behavior. You could also interpret this status seeking to as potentially seeking and possessing higher power and influence.

I see my issue is not starting out with the right status markers and the typecasting that went with it. Oh well, I already know I'm the one laughing all the way to the bank! lol.

swbluto said:
I see how non-meritocratic the current posters seem to be. I never thought Dauntless a commie though? He's a crony capitalist? Only the deserving few are allowed the keys to the kingdom? Oh dude, I hate to think you're contributing to wealth inequality with ideas like that, in addition to blind allegiant uninformed consumerism that applies to the mass of consumers. I guess if you're LOOKING to create a third world country. . . .

Is that written on the wall of this house you're imagining? The guy is camping out in a establishing banana republic and he fabricates that post? Could it be your hemp farm is actually a mushroom plantation?

Oh, but you don't seem to know the difference between merit and meteor. Even the small ones burn up. Hoping to burn so bright in the dark, turns out you can't be seen in daylight. How dare that sun come out.

Once again you've used some really fractured logic trying flip things over to get yourself on top. Once again a failure. Once again, you're visibly crushed as it all lands on you. Once again you'll try to twist some explanation that'll get you laughed at. . . .

A quick review:

You think you'll impress her with your honesty? Most women don't do sympathy, so admitting you're a loser will do no good whatsoever.

swbluto said:
The HEB chick?

050cde5720da31597105cf20da98082460b9dc-wm.jpg

But she ran away because she was afraid. That's why they run away.

swbluto said:
In reaction to (The questions that start at :48, and extended at 2:08):

Apparently Dauntless! lol

So when did I say you weren't 'Presidential?' Good thing you got Selena Gomez to say 'You go GIRL!' But she didn't ask 'Who said you're not good at faking?'

In terms of recent eye contact, since the question was recently posed... never had a similar situation arise, so never did that never-before-known behavior unfold. Like the eye-gazing like that, the nuzzling... stuff I never knew existed let alone had a specific name to it. That was a situation that brought out instinct, something missing from all these "Well that was a pleasant talk" kind of conversations I have with all these 20-somethings I'm a little less than lukewarm about.

They look kind of cute, but there's just no intense chemistry like I had with her. The attraction is vague, not deep at all.

I think about the tone of her voice...

And I think I might've figured it out.

Teenage girls have a slightly higher pitched voice than adult females, and this seems detectable. When the HEB chick took on the "excited little girl" tone of voice, that made me exceptionally horny, and her pitch went even higher. So, I suspect pitch has a lot to do with it.

In terms of personality, she was...

-inattentive (constantly looking off like she was trying to form a thought.)
-hyperactive / excitable (talked really fast with high energy)
-impulsive (Whatever thought came to mind, she did / she said it)

Looking at this list, I'd guess she was ADHD or something like that. Or maybe just a teenage girl. I don't know, I'm betting more ADHD than teenage girl.

So, I think that personality of hers was highly critical to the depth of my attraction to her, beyond the provocations. I loved her not for her promiscuity alone, but that self-same personality.

I keep looking with all these cashiers and I try to converse with them, I flirt with them, but... I'm just not finding an HEB chick anywhere, lol. That girl with a personality I'd love.

These girls of course converse with me, and many look at me as if they wouldn't mind knowing me better, but just not haven't that earth-shattering experience like I did with the HEB chick.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=88FSWqHoIMivmQGikYXADQ&q=earth+shattering+love&oq=earth+shattering+love&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1.678688.682562.0.682827.21.17.0.0.0.0.329.2441.0j5j4j2.11.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..10.11.2438...35i39k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263i264k1j0i131k1j0i20i263k1j0i10k1.0.bHfQzmAicNY

Earth shattering love is indeed a thing. That's what I'm looking for.

04fa7cda04b8dd473885419be32c6e5b71dd79-wm.jpg

I think it was highly beneficial, despite the great sense of loss, having met the HEB chick. Because it let me know that childhood hope that I long gave up on actually existed and I just have to find it, don't give up.

(Oh geez, the "great sense of loss" tears-are-falling waterworks are happening again. I guess the constant daily christmas workload merely distracted me, but it never really left.)

Ok, I got all the OSB I need today. About a grand in purchases. Had to take two trips to pick all of it up, since the weight on the back was causing the van to bottom out with the first trip. (I bought a pallet for the volume discount,since I know I'll definitely use all of it between the two houses, and I'm pretty much sold on fiber cement. Without home insurance, I'm definitely going for the "Let's make my house fireproof" angle.)

The picket fencing which was 6 feet tall, was $1.62 for 5/8", so it was (1/(5/8))*1.62 = $2.59/ft. 6 feet tall was pretty much above eye level, so someone standing couldn't see over. I wouldn't bet a gunman couldn't aim overhead, though. But, definitely no long range potshots like this 50-something neighbor friend "Steve" had (He got shot at long range by an unknown assailant on his 53 acre farm.).

swbluto said:
The HEB chick?

050cde5720da31597105cf20da98082460b9dc-wm.jpg

But she ran away because she was afraid. That's why they run away.

Going along this train of thought, so that's why the Flock of Seagull's lead singer ran, because he became afraid after she hypnotized him?

(It's interesting his "I ran, I ran so far away", clearly the most emotive part of the song, follows immediately after the "Eyes that hyponitized me thru". Yep, he experienced that intense tension and that's what's you're feeling with the emotive content in his "i ran, I ran so far away" lyric. He also has an interesting (facial) expression right after the "Eyes that hypnotize me thru" lyric... can't tell what that is exactly... thinking about that moment wistfully and dreamily?)

What was he afraid of?

[youtube]iIpfWORQWhU[/youtube]

I know I've become personally afraid when it seems a girl has locked her sights onto me. So I guess I should hypothetically have the ability to answer this...

I personally was afraid of not measuring up. I'd disappoint their expectations, couldn't support them, etc. (At the time, with not that much into the bank and with the spendy reputation girls have and not really having a place yet... didn't feel I could support a girl.)

In the past few months, I've become angry instead of afraid. I guess my heart is still tied to the HEB chick. Like gomez has sung about, the heart wants what it wants. But, if getting angry at a girl turns them on... I guess that really isn't a handicap. Perversely, it might just help cement the deal. Just like it did with the HEB chick.

Interesting he found his girl walking along the avenue. Street life. That's what missing in Houston, street life. Everyone is in cars. You seriously have to meet people at their workplace (Workplace romance) or go to some-place like the woodlands barnes and noble. I guess the coffee shop is another place for meet and greet...

[youtube]07IDakz5Sww[/youtube]

INCOMING: More lyric commentary. lol

So this guy has never been lucky in love.

"If a girl walks in and carves her name in my heart, I'll turn and run away"

OH, DUH! No wonder why this guy has never been lucky. To get lucky, you HAVE TO TAKE A RISK AND MAKE A MOVE! It's just like gambling, you never get lucky if you don't roll the dice.

Although his lyric "Don't know what to do"... I understand that feeling, yes. And that's why websites like girlchase tell you what to do. lol

In past posts, I said I wouldn't ordinarily escalate the situation that quickly as I had done... but looking back... screw that advice. Bad advice. Do what your heart commands at the moment, see where it leads.

Googling "intense chemistry"

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/bodies-know-before-brains/1117335

It's the palpable heat that ignites when two bodies ever so suddenly find themselves inexplicably attracted to one another.

It's when you feel that irrepressible tug, the curious magnetic pull drawing you toward another person with such a ferocious intensity; it feels almost beyond the realm of your own self-control.

It's the seductive sensation that sensually sweeps itself across our cores when our gaze meets another gaze from across a room.

It's the unexpected display of awe-inducing fireworks exploding across the surface of our hearts when we are suddenly filled with a blooming desire to taste the lips of a blind date before we've even had the opportunity to exchange words with this person.

It's the impenetrable desire that oozes from our pores when all we want to do is touch the bare skin of the gorgeous entity taking up space on the other side of the bar.

Sexual attraction feels chemical, like a drug.

Seductive sensation sensually sweeps across your core when gazes meet...

Dang, I'd say it did more than that with the HEB chick. She became highly sentimental, overwhelmed with some kind of schmaltzy emotion, and breathless.

And, it IS A DRUG! Limerance, classic drug withdrawal symptoms, pretty much prove it's chemical, a highly addicting drug.

I think when I construct the shack here, I'm going to create an internal wall, and I'm going to fill that wall with clay. I figure if there's a vulnerable side to a shooting, it's that one,so that side is getting filled with clay.

Two trips to HD? 48 sheets in a mini van? Where did you put it? It's hard enough to do that with a full size van.

I suppose we will be hearing about the HEB bitch for years to come. And how much $ you have then. But we will never see any real pictures of the real structure you built.

Dan

DAND214 said:
Two trips to HD? 48 sheets in a mini van? Where did you put it? It's hard enough to do that with a full size van.

I suppose we will be hearing about the HEB bitch for years to come. And how much $ you have then. But we will never see any real pictures of the real structure you built.

Dan

It was 44 sheets in the van, and it fits directly in the back, right on ontop of the folded down backseat. The chevy astro/gmc safari was designed to carry 4x8s. If one removed the back seat (and cleaned out the back), it probably could hold a full 69, a full pallet of 7/16s. But, it starts dipping seriously under the weight and easily bottoms out at 44 sheets, so probably a full pallet not advised, lol. It also was prone to fishtailing, an unnerving experience.

I'd say she stole my heart, but that's not strictly true, I stole hers and in turn, I unwittingly had her steal mine, a partner in crime, the crime of love. I'm sure I'll get over it by the 1 year mark, that really seems like the maximum extent for those kind of relationships.

Right now, while I might remember "The good old days" and cry tumultuously at times of those times long past, I have a feeling if I met her again in real life... maybe it wouldn't be so momentous. Just another person. But maybe not...

Not a strong curiousity, but it's a curious thought. I actually had several incidences of those "feelings of chemistry" from february to July 1st, then that's roughly when it ended, with her. Haven't seemed to conjure similar feelings of chemistry with anyone since, but maybe that's just because I've been getting angry them, lol. I don't know if she still has my heart, or if she ultimately sexually suppressed me via noetic castration, and I just don't know it and don't want to admit it. It almost seems like she had me suicidal for a few days initially and this song seems to tell me why...

But I'm not really sure that's what was really happening... (Doesn't really seem like it... she was doing the "come here come here" hand waving body language at the end as if saying "Come on, let's do it!".)

[youtube]MrTz5xjmso4[/youtube]

And I just recalled more about her "What have you been doing lately?" question. She gave me the elevator eyes, yes she did, lol. I didn't really understand what these eyes were exactly, but that one page online told me it indicated lust, lol. But she seemed to be lusting for every guy in that line judging from all the provocations.

Delusional disorder is a mental illness in which the patient presents delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening of affect. Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Dan, this is why you will not see any pictures of said structure. I am thinking they do not exist. Entertaining though. :shock:

slacker said:
Delusional disorder is a mental illness in which the patient presents delusions, but with no accompanying prominent hallucinations, thought disorder, mood disorder, or significant flattening of affect. Delusions are a specific symptom of psychosis. Dan, this is why you will not see any pictures of said structure. I am thinking they do not exist. Entertaining though. :shock:

They do exist, but getting a picture is a pain in the ass I recently realized. But... since I have free time right now... I'll try to make the effort.

Just confirmed it's a PITA. Need to find the camera battery charger and where the hell that is, I don't want to know.

Okay, well, I put the camera battery into this "universal cell phone battery charger" and it appears to be reading the camera battery. Have no idea if it's charging, but here's hoping.

slacker said:
Cellphone? Most of them take pictures, quite easily. Or this may be just a illusion?

I don't really have a "standard cellphone", but I do have a cell phone of sorts that's used as an internet router. Checked, it does have a camera, so this /might/ work assuming no admin permissions along the way(I don't have those). I'll try it.

More PITAness. Need to find a mini usb cable.

UPDATE: Couldn't find one. But the universal cell phone battery charger seems to be working, so here's hoping we'll have something in an hour or two.

I much prefer the camera over the cellphone. Much better picture quality.

Googled "Stole my heart"

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/to-the-person-who-stole-my-heart

Let me first start off by saying that never had I ever thought that I would be in this situation. I was always very careful with how much I gave to people and about how much I cared. You, however, came out of nowhere, and stole the most valuable thing from me. You stole my heart. You showed up at a time where I was not looking for anyone to like, nor did I even notice you until we officially met. You showed up like a thief in the night, and made me fall for you. There are so many things that make me fall more and more for you as time goes by, and I still wish I knew why.

Oh, isn't that a familiar story. I made her fall for me.

"Falling for you more and more as time goes by"...

Yep, because I think you realize among all the people you're meeting, that was something special and it's not going to be replicated any time soon. I already knew it was special, something with that kind of intensity and momentousness has never before happened in my life. That kind of depth, the kind of twisting and distortion of reason by way of the emotions, that kind of intensity.

slacker said:
I agree! All we ever get is excuses. I remember when the usb cable or the connector went bad.

Entertaining it is. I have the time as I didn't attempt to build my house. I did build a 8 x 16 wooden shed, not a kit years ago. Does that count?

I would still like to have see that so called broken down mini-van with the bad tires, leaking coolant, carrying all that sheeting.

Dan

Dan

I wonder if you strictly need to put concrete blocks over cement? Can you do gravel?

Maybe I'll put the cement blocks inside the house so they're hidden...

I'll probably have to really support that side of the foundation.

It would be near the edge, so it should be well supported, I'd think. What's the worst that could happen?

It'd give me some peace of mind. These illegals go into the woods behind my property at night and shoot their guns.

I think I'll make the stud spacing on that side correspond to the width of the concrete blocks...

16 inches I think...

swbluto said:
I wonder if you strictly need to put concrete blocks over cement? Can you do gravel?

It would be near the edge, so it should be well supported, I'd think. What's the worst that could happen?

It'd give me some peace of mind. These illegals go into the woods behind my property at night and shoot their guns.

I think I'll make the stud spacing on that side correspond to the width of the concrete blocks...

16 inches I think...

YOU ask questions? :shock: NFW :p

Dan

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:

16 inches I think...

YOU ask questions? :shock: NFW :p

Dan

Of course. Didn't you know one of my old usernames was iWantAnswers? lol

Was nicknamed the walking interview in highschool by one chump.

I am beginning to wonder if the op is really a teenage girl as all the imaginary eye gazing and romance sounds like how a middle school girl talks. I know because i work in a middle school and hear the drama everyday. also all the excuses for not taking any pictures does not add up?. also a teenage girl would likely know nothing about constructing said imaginary houses. Hence the questions. Living in a fairy tale i think. Maybe a picture will magically appear. :shock: Back to more delusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back