BBS02 (early "A") on American bottom bracket, success.

Augidog, you take good pictures, thanks for posting. I had read somewhere that there wasn't enough clearance for a BBSxx when using a "centered" adapter, but perhaps that was for an early BBSHD and not a BBS02.

Anyway, nice job. It will be interesting to see how it performs when you get it all finished.

Ive just started with mid drives and this is very interesting, i have a nice 60s schwinn that i can try a bbs02 on.thnx augidog.

I appreciate your perseverance with your project. What kind of frame is that? I don't recognize it. [Edit: Went back and looked at old threads. I remember that bike.]

I was on Luna's site the other day looking for a plug adapter they didn't have, when I found this:

https://lunacycle.com/american-style-eccentric-bb-to-bsa-adapter/
91F7F78439DA1C543A39842D667FA37C1B57CF8858B301A1C9pimgpsh_fullsize_distr__72666.1512985475.600.600.jpg

I just got back from a ride on the bbs02, im not liking the PAS at all..ive got it on a 20" wheel bike and its to powerful and berserk,gotta set it up for only throttle.ive been reading to take out the encoder? so thats my next step.im going from a 24v brushed motor and this bbs02 is way to quick for my liking on PAS.

Beast, with the 20" wheel you can get pretty fast acceleration, and some of the BBS02s are set up for the speed demons which didn't suit me at all. Before you disable the PAS you might find that you really like it if the current level and ramping, etc. is set lower for lower speed PAS levels. It does require a programming cable to make these adjustments. I've got my tadpole, with a 26" rear wheel, to where it is so slow and gentle in PAS 1 that I never run it in anything less than PAS 2. Next time I hook up the cable I'll probably boost all the PAS levels up a notch.

Also, some of the newer BBS02s don't behave very nicely when pedaling and using the throttle.

Edit: Instead of going into more of this BBS02 stuff on augidog's thread, here is one of the several threads that discuss these issues:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89554&sid=90b71b7c88e31e516177dfe15cf53f54

Back