Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
slacker said:
I am beginning to wonder if the op is really a teenage girl as all the imaginary eye gazing and romance sounds like how a middle school girl talks. I know because i work in a middle school and hear the drama everyday. also all the excuses for not taking any pictures does not add up?. also a teenage girl would likely know nothing about constructing said imaginary houses. Hence the questions. Living in a fairy tale i think. Maybe a picture will magically appear. :shock: Back to more delusions.
Thanks for the support Slacker :mrgreen:

Dan

Dauntless said:
mrw-when-people-complain-about-fanservice_o_1239013.jpg

As repulsive as this imagery seems to be, I'll have to admit, when she backed up after I made my advance, she exposed the tight jeans she was wearing, and I could distinctly imagine her other parts at that exact moment. Can't really say that did much to my move at the time, but... oh... I could imagine something nice and tight. lol (It was a side thought, it wasn't the main focus)

Yeah, whatever, I'm guilty as charged. My emotional side matches the personality of a 16 year old girl. I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to do with this insight. Talking to as many girls as you can definitely still applies.

In terms of the non-emotional side, like building houses and fixing cars and programming shit, I'd say I'm the equivalent to a master mechanic and master builder and master programmer. Or at least I'm getting close to it.

Nice sunny day today. It feels like an early fall day in Spokane right now.

I need to make a cutting guide for the 2x6s today, so no building today. But, I would if I could. I will get pictures in like an hour after I get shipping done.

As you can see, the structure so far. Need to add blocking to make the floor less wobbly, so I need to cut 2x6s. So, I'm going to need a cutting guide so I'm getting materials hopefully today to make one, if the right materials can be found.

The picture with the cement spacer, as you can see, the ground was cut around with the spacer with the axe side of the pulaski, and then the topsoil was dug up using the hoe side of the pulaski. Does a pretty good job cutting it to shape, as you can see. Dug a little bit of the sand underneath, then put gravel in.

Then you can see the deck block sitting on its gravel pad.

The deck blocks were first squared by checking diagonal equivalency and adjusting as needed, then they were leveled. Only one of the blocks was a bit higher than the rest, so I just had to lower that one by digging down into the earth and the frame was level. Then I used a tape measure and sharpie to mark all the 16" locations along the length, then I stretched the tape measure across the width of the frame to mark where the cement spacers were going to go.

Attachments

• GEDC1241.JPG
    GEDC1241.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 508
  • GEDC1242.JPG
    GEDC1242.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 508
  • GEDC1243.JPG
    GEDC1243.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 508
DAND214 said:
swbluto said:
I need to make a cutting guide for the 2x6s today, so no building today. But, I would if I could. I will get pictures in like an hour after I get shipping done.
You don't have a chop saw? I thought you had all those things needed. Your gonna need one. What are you using to cut all that wood?

Dan

Nuh uh. I don't need no power tools if I can help it. I'm only going to accept power tools where I need to rip plywood, because I already know that sawing plywood by hand is a pain in the ass.

swbluto said:
In terms of the non-emotional side, like building houses and fixing cars and programming shit, I'd say I'm the equivalent to a master mechanic and master builder and master programmer.

Who has a perpetual leaky head gasket and can't even plug a tire as I was doing when I was 12. Celphones usually you unplug the cable fromthe charger it's a USB, oh master mechanic/programmer/zombie.

Good thing there was someone building a pergola or whatever nearby to take a picture of, if it didn't come from online. They might move fast, so get pictures everyday.

Walmart has some really cheap power tools. Can't vouch for them lasting, but how much are you really going to use them?

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
In terms of the non-emotional side, like building houses and fixing cars and programming shit, I'd say I'm the equivalent to a master mechanic and master builder and master programmer.

Who has a perpetual leaky head gasket and can't even plug a tire as I was doing when I was 12. Celphones usually you unplug the cable fromthe charger it's a USB, oh master mechanic/programmer/zombie.

Good thing there was someone building a pergola or whatever nearby to take a picture of, if it didn't come from online. They might move fast, so get pictures everyday.

Walmart has some really cheap power tools. Can't vouch for them lasting, but how much are you really going to use them?
Dauntless, I was thinking the same thing, but was waiting for your response,

Dan

The master builder also forgot to use joist hangers from the picture he/she posted. I have to say though op has quite the imagination. Fiction book writer maybe? :D Thanks dan. Hope you are staying warm.

slacker said:
The master builder also forgot to use joist hangers from the picture he/she posted. I have to say though op has quite the imagination. Fiction book writer maybe? :D Thanks dan. Hope you are staying warm.

It's almost 40 today. I'm out in a t-shirt. Hope to get out for a ride tomorrow. Hope the snow is melted where I go as all I have is smooth road tires. I have no idea where or what I did with my snow tires. I guess I dumped em thinking I would be south by now. 60 on Thursday, time to get the shorts out for a nice ride :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

Oh no, I was just joking. See, I've learned how pride (As opposed to humility) seems to provoke a response, and sometimes I like doing that. It doesn't make me a troll, it makes me an entertainment seeker. :lol:

It'd be better in my opinion if vainglory, the unjustified kind, was the only thing that provoked a response, but eh... oh well. See, my having EARNED my small fortune and boasting about it is not vainglorious, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

If I were being honest, I'd say I'm more of amateur mechanic, amateur construction worker and an advanced programmer. I readily admit I'm still learning houses and cars, I keep learning more about cars everytime some new goes wrong.

I think maybe that's what the HEB chick really was, and maybe that's why we fell in love. Both of us felt suppressed by [the system], both seeking our revenge in our own provocative ways, but she did not anticipate meeting her doppelganger in doing so. So I turned out to be the exception to all those guys she was trolling.

Really, I think she was looking for a place. Seems like if girls are LOOKING FOR A PLACE RIGHT NOW, they're opt to use sexual provocations on any and every guy, either face to face or walking in public. The key confirming emotion seems to usually either be exasperation (Mad at their boyfriend that just kicked them out) or desperation/urgency (i.e., HEB chick). A guy can seem to get a girl to join him if he attracts her and invites her, seems like I've had a few conversations that was leading in that direction, despite my no having interest in that.

There's a song about this...

A girl being a troll.

It's a rap song.

Let's learn more about real life, shall we.

[youtube]z17hTy-Ne5c[/youtube]

I just don't have any responses to the lyrics here, darn it, I was hoping for some.

"She thinks she loves me, I think she's trolling"

UPDATE: new insight.

"I had haters broke or rich"

"I had hoes broke or rich"

Insight: Game is independent of wealth. Those with game will have haters. This is obviously evidenced by...

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

This hating is really nothing but stags butting horns. Nothing new under the sun in the animal kingdom.

Okay, well, got the materials to make my cutting guides, but drank some red wine with my taco, and I soon became sleepy as wine is oft to do if any residual sleepiness remains, and by the time I woke up, it was dark. Bummer, tomorrow morning. Then I get to create the blocking stuff.

Turns out the redwood ceder 2"x2" which are "actual" 1.5"x1.5" ARE ACTUALLY 1.7"x1.7". I measured. This makes it ideal for create the spine of the cutting guide, since the 1.5" wide studs will fit nicely.

Seems like the retail guy got amused by my pulling out a tape measure out of my pocket to measure.

Thinking about if I really need joist hangers.

This little guy is intended to be a learning experience.

So, for the sake of doing it right the first time, I guess I should.

I just wonder if there's a special way I can nail it that'll suffice.

Not sure what I'd be using for a 20 foot width. Seems like these deck span widths only go up to 18 feet or so for a 2x12.

I'm guessing I probably wouldn't use a 20 foot width. I'd attach to a strong central beam supported by cement spacers, then I'd only have to get enough for 10 foot widths. Seems like 2x8s are advised, although I'm using 2x6s for this one since it seems like it'll work and I want this guy as cheap as possible. This property feels like a waste with the midnight terrorists in the area.

They forced me to reevaluate this property and compare it to the alternatives. And it was good they did, because there seems to be a lot better alternatives than this particular property, in terms of speedy access to the main roads, proximity to retail, proximity to the power lines, and having better neighbor demographics. And nicer looking neighborhoods. The squalor literally concentrates here. I think its pretty appropriate I turn this property into a dump and put my offensive things here, like bee colonies, and keep the other property in the newer better neighborhood nice looking and bee-free.

It's interesting that the cheapest I can find these lots is $7000 online. I paid $4000 for mine last year. My neighbor just across for me just bought it this year for $7000. Are these lots really appreciating THAT FAST?

It is definitely a good location relative to Houston as compared to other lots of this size/price in other big cities. So, it eventually leading in that direction wouldn't be too surprising. Apparently the main road is getting paved, would boost property values significantly, I'm told.

Checking out the new location. Seems like I'm finding some real gems in the area. If any of these gems get in contact with me, hell ya, I'm getting a good location, good roads, good scenery, good access to power lines, pretty much everything.

This one road I was told was impassable for all but 4x4s and the guy appeared to be an edgy drug guy of some type, it's interesting there appears to be many residences along that road judging from satellite, and there were powerlines stretching down that way from what I could see.

Makes me wonder what's the story there?

And what was he trying to hide? Does it have anything to do with those residences? Do people still live there?

I get the sense maybe the roads were better at one time, but then they went to crap due to neglect (County doesn't maintain them), and the area was abandoned with everything that was left behind. But that seems kind of strange...

I'm starting the property search now since the process will likely take sometime.

latest

You desperately long for, but can never have, just the response you TELL us to have. To paraphrase Robert F. Kennedy, some people see things as they'd like to be and ask why not; I look at things as they are and tell why. Meanwhile, you give so many people the opportunity to say:'

Demotivational.Poster.full.440515.jpg

Lets see, what part of 'She was afraid of your self indulgent, 'I'm the kewlest abuser ever' behavior do you not understand? You post and post and post about how it's all you, so there should be no problem with you getting it. Running away means you are not running TOWARD anything, just away from something. The guy who was a couple blocks from here could have settled for the house after his wife left. Instead he moved farther from his friends, to a neighborhood where he knew noone because he wanted to get out of the house where he'd lived with his wife. He ran away. I'd like to run away from right here where I have nothing going on. I remember growing up dreaming of going to Whittier, where my family lived before I was born and griped that they wouldn't want to go back. Sounds wonderful I mostly couldn't stop thinking about it after Dad died and Mom moved away as the worst of my brothers and sisters moved themselves in with me. 'You don't want to come with me, remember how you HATED it there before?' But I've never had a place to move closer to work, I'm a freelancer who goes in all directions. So there's nowhere to move to, only this empty feeling place to move from. If I was suddenly getting married and having kids this place wouldn't seem so bad afterall. I wouldn't feel so anxious to run away.

And if I did get married, yeah, the wife would be spending all the money. But it would mean that things were getting fixed that I know I should have already fixed. The guys are telling you that they no longer have money they haven't gotten around to spending yet. Some women are terrible with money, but these guys who are saying they're broke because they're married are really just referring to the fact they gotta make the house a home, etc. They are NOT saying the money simply vanishes, unless there's really something wrong with the wife.

You seem to want to set a scale that will cause people to see what you've, er, DONE as somehow bigger than it is. It seems more important when compared to people who are doing nothing? I've never seen it that way.

My thoughts on my career go to how I was getting paid in TV/Film at age 20. How I've never worked much away from production, writing, etc. How envious so many are who tried to get through the door, but. . . . Funny, I still don't seem like much of a success. I mean as compared to what? Compared to the guy who, like so many, was asking how I did it some 10-15 years after he'd been unable to do it. That's 10-15 years of him working steady while I wasn't. What did he REALLY do to get in? Attend an ROP class, not so hard or regarded so well as ROP tries to be barely good enough while anything competitive means that just good enough just isn't good enough, eh? Then he engaged in the kiss of death, an unpaid internship. Once someone else has you unpaid, nobody wants to pay you either. But people are convinced it's the lazy way to riches, just hang around unpaid and they'll eventually throw money at you. Yeah, sure, I did much better than that guy. But. . . .

Being in the top 10% doesn't mean anything if the threshold is maybe $15k a year, right?

Oh yeah, what's going on in that other neighborhood is that they're eating humans, so they need to fill up those homes. The cars are left over once the livestock has been butchered, so they put in orders with the new arrivals to have the right cars and other things left over.

I think girls just run when being chased. It's their nature. I think the running would stop after they been captured, though, right?

See it all the time with squirrels.

I suspect if the guy doesn't consummate the deal right away... she keeps on running...

I've seen craiglist posts along those lines.

Maybe that's what was happening.

Really, I think she was looking for a place RIGHT NOW. My feelers are like 99% on that possibility. And she wasn't waiting for me. That's what it felt like at the moment (She wasn't waiting for me), but I had no idea what she was looking for, so it just seemed inexplicable/confusing at the time.

In terms of girls not liking abusers... oh, there's a lot girls will put up with in the name of love.

[youtube]AeGfss2vsZg[/youtube]

However, if the abuser is of the "often abused" subset, then it's possible that they will be rejected for that reason (They're so abusable, disrespectable, etc.), not necessarily because they're abusive. I don't think that applies here in this particular situation, not at all. That was pure unadulerated love but she wasn't waiting too long for me. That's really what it came down to.

So, I'm thinking, let's see what's available in montgomery county. That's where egypt is located.

I'm looking at this GIS map and I'm thinking there's a vacant .12-.25 acre vacant lot somewhere I can send a letter to. But finding it via map is a little exhausting, there's millions of properties, mostly developed.

So let's find out what's available on the MLS. Want to exhaust all directories making sure I'm not missing something.

Doesn't seem like I'm finding anything close to the area I'm interested in. I'm trying to find "neighborhoods", hoping to stumble across one or two listings that indicate a vacant lot in a neighborhood there. I'm finding that the .25 acre home lots are almost exclusively subdivision lots, which is usually a neighborhood of some type, chartered at sometime in the past.

But, I do see the lower bound on any property in the county is around $30,000, and the estimated taxes for a $28000 was $2000.

Whaaaaa???!!!

A tax rate of 2000/28000 = 7.1%?

Am I reading that correctly?

I guess if that means they have paved roads everywhere and good schools, I guess it's worth it, but I didn't think the tax rate was that high ANYWHERE! lol.

This requires more investigation, that would effectively cross the county off my list of consideration.

I see the listing was in error. It's actually supposed to $200.

Doesn't seem like there's anything in the area as far as vacant lots. The few vacant lots that are available are often large sizes (1+ acres) and $60,000+. The smallest I've ever seen in the area was $30,000 for a .5 acre waterfront.

Trying to find the most comprehensive MLS search engine. Seems most of the private ones only show the most expensive properties and they only show a few of all that's available.

This seems to be the most comprehensive one I've found in my email, even more comprehensive than landwatch.com.

https://homesforsale.century21.com/homes-for-sale/search-results/houston/detailed?utm_medium=email&utm_source=internal&utm_campaign=drip_notify

Seems like zip code search works well.

I'm looking at zip code maps to find the good zip codes. And then I'll search each one, one by one.

Okay, here's the min results in each zipcode.

PRIME ZIPS
------------
77380 - $77,000 3bd/2bath
77381 - $108,000 $870/month condo
77384 - $73,000 for .44acres
77382 - $108k for $870/month condo
77354 - $40k for .4acres
77362 - $110k for 1 acre
77355 - $25000 for .2acre

EXTERIOR ZIPS
-------------
77316 - $9000 for .2acre
77363 - $7000 for .2acre

Shut down by an authority figure for being too successful, not because of the free market. Those authority figures, sometimes you just want to find their heart and stab them right through (Because apparently they don't have one).

I hypothetically have the funds to segue into another market. So, it's not hopeless or dire or anything, but a little inconvenient.

I'm getting updates, but I'm not putting bets on them being kind (They don't have that reputation). In the meantime, I'm continuing construction and I'll probably be continuing with seeking a new property. Might not put money into construction this year, though, hmmm....

Or maybe I will.

I see opportunity. It seems like when I see opportunity and exploit it, often times, I get incredibly lucky (For example, this most recent business, the heb chick,etc.). And this new opportunity has no authority figures who would shut me down for "being too successful". I don't usually get bothered for 'bad behavior', because that's not normally an issue of mine in the civilian context, being too successful however is a pretty new one.

I see that solar could satisfy all of my normal daily energy needs on this property. So, I'm going to seriously think about implementing that. Theft is the most major concern, especially with the past trespasses by neighbors.

I could tell this morning how I wore pride in my chest, how it seemed to be not losing composure under the most recent transgression. I'm assuming this pride has been there for some time recently. Maybe I'm confusing pride with some kind of reaction to injustice.

I wish there was a definable fault of mine in the most recent event, but I'm not at fault at all, not in some kind of major character flaw kind of way. The timing of the internet going down in terms of affecting the end-game might've been unfortunate happenstance, but that's purely bad luck in combination with dickhead authorities.

Let's see what character flaws I /MIGHT HAVE/ possessed recently.

Character-Flaws.png

Yep, not a single one because I'm absolutely perfect.

Okay, maybe one or two. But that's completely irrelevant to recent events.

So If I stopped operations completely right now, I'd incur no operational costs. No money 6 months from now either. They would probably lose $1400.

If I continued operations to completion, I'd incur $400 in immediate operational costs. $500 profit 6 months from now. And they'd earn interest on the $1400, so they'd probably earn $7.

If I continued operations to completion and they kept all the money, I'd incur $400 in operational costs, not receive anything, so effectively would lose $400. And they would gain $1400 plus the interest on it.

So, the question is...

Do I trust them? If so, then completing all standing orders is to both of our benefits, if they comply, despite immediate operational costs that won't be reimbursed until 6 months from now. If they don't comply, I lose the operational costs and they make a lot of money.

I don't, it hurts me nothing right away, and it potentially hurts me marginally in terms of opportunity costs 6 months from now, while it hurts them tremendously.

Classic application of game theory and the prisoner's dilemma.

If I'm of the "Have no income, cut all unnecessary costs immediately" camp, which I normally am, I'd be inclined to stop operations immediately.

swbluto said:
So If I stopped operations completely right now, I'd incur no operational costs. No money 6 months from now either. They would probably lose $1400.

If I continued operations to completion, I'd incur $400 in immediate operational costs. $500 profit 6 months from now. And they'd earn interest on the $1400, so they'd probably earn $7.

If I continued operations to completion and they kept all the money, I'd incur $400 in operational costs, not receive anything, so effectively would lose $400. And they would gain $1400 plus the interest on it.

So, the question is...

Do I trust them? If so, then completing all standing orders is to both of our benefits, if they comply, despite immediate operational costs that won't be reimbursed until 6 months from now. If they don't comply, I lose the operational costs and they make a lot of money.

I don't, it hurts me nothing right away, and it potentially hurts me marginally in terms of opportunity costs 6 months from now, while it hurts them tremendously.

Classic application of game theory and the prisoner's dilemma.

If I'm of the "Have no income, cut all unnecessary costs immediately" camp, which I normally am, I'd be inclined to stop operations immediately.
WTF are you talking about? As said before this is just a person rambling on and on. WE have no idea what he is talking about half the time. Running a business. One time he is building a mansion, next post it's a shack. making all kinds of money next minute the business is shut down by the authorities?? I'm proud, my chest is out? I know I'm rambling since this thread has gone in a million directions.

Good luck who ever you are, it's a real gas following ONE of the THREE stooges!

Dan

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:

So, the question is...

WTF are you talking about? As said before this is just a person rambling on and on. WE have no idea what he is talking about half the time. Running a business. One time he is building a mansion, next post it's a shack. making all kinds of money next minute the business is shut down by the authorities?? I'm proud, my chest is out? I know I'm rambling since this thread has gone in a million directions.

Good luck who ever you are, it's a real gas following ONE of the THREE stooges!

Dan

My initial guess is there's a problem getting paid. Secondary thought that there's a code enforcement issue.

If you remember 'SuperDave' Osborne, he was once featured as himself, the businessman behind the Caricature being marketed, by American Express answering a business question where the customer is having trouble keeping up the payments but continuing to place orders, bringing up the issue 'Do I trust them?'

His answer in a voice that you never hear him use was direct to the idea of just how good a customer they were. Do you really BELIEVE you can trust them? Do you have a business without them? Your thought on 'Operational Costs.' Do you know how to do Marginal Analysis? The point being can you keep delivery to everyone else on time, then take the chance on delivering to them whatever you can as the margin allows?

I'll tell you what is all too common in the business world: That there are people who know what you can come and take back from them and what you can't. It sounds obvious to me you offer something you can't take back. How are they set for a supplier to replace you? Do they even need to replace you once they bleed you dry or can they switch to something different?

Business involves managing risk, which is why so many people can't be in business for themselves because of taking on too much or too little risk. In film/television you go to work with little operational cost. Unless you bring a belt full of tools you get a Kit Rental for, or in my case you come with a whole camera rig that would cost a lot more from a rental house because of the way they have to test and service everything as soon as it comes back because you don't know what the last person did do it. Some are determined to screw anyone they can by lying at all times. Lie to the newcomers that they have no chance if they don't work unpaid, although the people who fall for it are virtually guaranteed they will fail. Lie to veterans like me who turn around and make them pay a retainer in advance. The more they run their business this way the more they fail. But they hurt so many people along the way.

So I'm guessing, for lack of real information, that the answer is solely based on how much risk you perceive to be there. I assume you'll live without them but you want to believe they can make things better by coming through. How would 'SuperDave' handle these particular people? Some people only start off paying to set you up and then burn you. My perception is there's rarely a legitimate businessman who gets so behind in his payments if bankruptcy is not on the horizon.

Somewhere in the late 90's Steve Saleen decided customizing Mustangs wasn't enough for him, so he would come up with the Saleen Supercar. This was financed by not paying his bills. I don't know the full story, but he had all these suppliers facing the same decision as you about keeping up the supply. By 2007 they were rewarded by the Saleen bankruptcy, during which he lost his company. By 2012 he was able to reaquire Saleen. Two years later, here we go again. https://jalopnik.com/mustang-tuner-saleen-says-it-owes-millions-of-dollars-1661373045

And in another two years? http://www.autonews.com/article/20160718/LEGALFILE/307189980/saleen-under-siege Didn't find anything to bring us up to today, but I'm sure it's much the same.

Myself, if someone suddenly offered me the chance to just direct some low budget feature film, that would be too good to pass up just because I wasn't getting paid. The socalled "Opportunities" they offer instead are often not worth doing unless the money is good, but you then face the fact that in addition to not getting paid they want to lay their costs on you: They locate without providing parking and it'll cost $300-400 a month to use the local parking garage, guess who pays. And more.

When I was teaching, gee, how much of my paycheck did I spend running that program? How much of my old equipment did I give them? And it was still a dead end. And then how bad do they treat the succor who falls for it? There are no victims, only volunteers. I think you can see how I really feel about the whole idea.

Meanwhile, code enforcement: They lie too. They see your lot, perceive a ready victim, they sink their fangs in to taste the sweet blood. I can tell you it's pretty safe to threaten them with jailing. Watch them walk away quietly. But no other discussion face to face or by phone, get it all in writing. By that I mean when they say something to you respond with how that person knows everything you're doing is legal, etc., keep repeating. Then without lying write a letter to confirm the discussion and the "Agreement," basically now you don't have to worry about them lying about 'Since I got no response from you I assumed I was right and could hurt you.' Of course they've committed a crime at that point, "Assuming" is a jailable offense called "Under color of authority." Getting caught lying in a public capacity is perjury. Long story but the city employee used trips to our neighborhood where a block wall was being built as a money making exercise trying to win promotion, etc. She discovered I'd been a poor choice of a victim. I told her otherwise on her socalled complaint, threatened not just her but a cohort with jail and the cohort wrote up a report of the wrong doing to get himself off the hook. Problem solved. Don't know how much money they stole from anyone else, I don't know if her career survived the bloody nose, but most corrupt behavior by public employees does not involve them pocketing the stolen money, it's about raises and bonuses for stealing what they can for the city, county, whomever. The government is in on it as long as they can get away with it, but if you're the one behind it you get to be the sineater for the others proving how moral they are.

Okay, well, I'm buckling down on this property for the time being and I'm going to be cautious with future allocations of money. I've quit going out as of now. I still think getting this dwelling and a second high fuel efficiency car is essential.

I still have some online income regardless of the platform, but dude, getting banned for being too successful. Lol. If there's one reason why I'd get banned, I'd prefer one that meant I was at some kind of height instead of one that meant I was at some kind of nadir, lol, so I can't say that it's the worst possible outcome. But... yes, I think I will want to re-establish some kind of bread-and-butter kind of income sooner rather than later. Preferably at least funding living expenses before I start putting out large investment allocations.

As much as I want to say I'm good intentioned and want to believe I'm working with fair reasonable people,it's hard living this long in life without realizing everybody is out to get you, regardless if you're doing well or doing poorly. So I can be as optimistic and trusting as I want and think that approach is the most likely to maximize the outcome, I'm not ignorant of the probability I'm still going to get screwed to the maximum extent. The writing is on the wall that that's going to happen. (When people don't trust you, they just want to kill you. If they won't kill you due to obvious risks, they'll go after your source of income. Ask my druglord neighbors who don't trust I'm not going to sick the DEA on them, lol. When people don't trust you, they use words like "imaginary" and "make believe" in completely ridiculous ways. Like I'd imagine the HEB chick scenario unfolding as it did; YEAH RIGHT, IN MY WILDEST DREAMS!)

I still think there's a lot of good opportunity with construction. The builders here seem to make enough. There's all these available properties I just either have to buy outright or... do some kind of owner financing to minimize cash outlay so I have more money for the house, or do some kind of partnership with profit sharing. I think owner financing is the safest most profitable arrangement, but it's likely the hardest to sell. Profit sharing would likely be the easiest idea to sell but potentially has the most litigous risk depending on the partner. (The risk to SCREW YOU OVER)

I made the cutting guide today, now I just need to screw it in to make it usable. Lacking the appropriate screws, I'm going to have to get those. The cutting guide is good for upto 2x10, but it's only accurate upto 2x8. I have to redo the sides with most likely a rip saw to make it completely straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back