Sur-ron Adaptto

Yes sir, I like you way of thinking. 3 x Astro sounds like mad fun. Should put you in the 30 kw + peak power. And for such a light bike you will be flying.

Such triple astro drive would surely be awesome, but to be honest i think it is not ideal.
I would use one single motor, a 10/20kW FOC controller (ASI, emDrive) with torque control, and the most important thing: turn on regen braking.
30kW, biclycle braking system and no regen = no go.

How much would the astro drive cost?

madin88 said:
Such triple astro drive would surely be awesome, but to be honest i think it is not ideal.
I would use one single motor, a 10/20kW FOC controller (ASI, emDrive) with torque control, and the most important thing: turn on regen braking.
30kW, biclycle braking system and no regen = no go.

How much would the astro drive cost?

What is emDrive?

I have a friend that found me a new Agni motor with a controller. Probably the perfect size
with crazy power for this size bike.

Sur-ron have placed these bikes right at the entry point of electric motocross. From all the videos I've seen they are too slow and powerless for me, 14kw bikes kinda do that to you. however the frame and mid drive for me is a winner. Ill never buy a sur-ron myself unless they change the power options, however if they sold a bare bones kit, with frame \wheels and there were third party companies making go fast bits, and kits then yes. For me 8kw constant and 12kw peaks is where I would consider entering. above this its bigger frames and tyres etc that are needed for cranky KW.

can't wait to see all the modding over the next year.

Any updates here? I'm just discovering the Sur-Ron platform and I'd really like to get my hands on a frame to retrofit a better drivetrain. Limited info available.

motomoto said:
I received a battery from John Metric today. I giggled like a little school girl as I opened the package. Really.

It is a 12 cell 5000mah 100c pack with a 200c peak. You can blow the whole loads in 15 seconds without the
cells even heating up!!! 20kW continuous with 40kW bursts. 3.5 lbs of battery with dual 8 gauge leads. Sweet

20 kW pack.jpg

Damn, these bullet connectors look impressive.. Really. I have to get them for my 20s15p 15A/cell pack.. Daaamn :eek:

Back