KT motor controllers -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT motor controllers (0.25kW up to 5kW)

The firmware configuration tool already supports defining that variable value.

I documented FOC tests here: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/development/Datasheets_and_application_notes--Endless-sphere.com_forum_messages--2017.10.23_-_FOC_and_no_FOC_comparison.html

You just need to find the correct value for that variable.

I wonder if no one cares with original firmware.........

casainho said:
I wonder if no one cares with original firmware.........

We just don't know. If the motor starts in classical six steps, you can read the BEMF from the floating phase (as sensorless block commutation does) and compare it with the hall signal... The user won't recognize it.

We can check this with the original firmware and the oszi....

regards
stancecoke

stancecoke said:
We just don't know. If the motor starts in classical six steps, you can read the BEMF from the floating phase (as sensorless block commutation does) and compare it with the hall signal... The user won't recognize it.
That would be great, but S06S harware can't read the phases voltage/BEMF. It only reads battery voltage.

I think, it has to be able to read the BEMF, as the sensorless KT36-ZWS is exactly the same controller just without the phase current sensor....

regards
stancecoke

Do you have pictures of that controller?? I can't believe...

Still not running. looks like communication with controller works, but the firmware compiling does not. new log should be same as first, there is still a lot of "nelze najít" which means "Cant find".

Attachments

• log2.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 44
honya96 said:
Still not running.
Looking at the log-file, the compiling and flashing was OK. Which settings did you use?
Please try in simple throttle mode and with correct battery setting (to avoid undervoltage shut off) first.

regards
stancecoke

stancecoke said:
honya96 said:
Still not running.
Looking at the log-file, the compiling and flashing was OK. Which settings did you use?
Please try in simple throttle mode and with correct battery setting (to avoid undervoltage shut off) first.

regards
stancecoke

I get no throttle, pas, or brake icon response. at 13s setting 50.2v battery voltage 4x12v for testing on table.

just an interesting find when looking for the sensorless board. My 18fet controllers pcb is ready for this.

Attachments

• dual-controller.png
    dual-controller.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,763
honya96 said:
I get no throttle, pas, or brake icon response. at 13s setting 50.2v battery voltage 4x12v for testing on table.
Hmm, perhaps your different board layout has a different pinning for the perpherals on the µC?!

regards
stancecoke

honya96 said:
Please confirm the LCD version you are using.
Does it show any battery bar signal? Any speed value? Any brake or throttle symbol?

honya96 said:
maybe thats it.... but I think its the same case here beacuse there are 3 pins labeled NOHALL

funny, casainho has a detailed picture of the S06P with the additional circuit board at bitbucket :)
https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/development/Motor_controllers--Other_controllers--BMSBattery_S06P.html

regards
stancecoke

stancecoke said:
honya96 said:
maybe thats it.... but I think its the same case here beacuse there are 3 pins labeled NOHALL

funny, casainho has a detailed picture of the S06P with the additional circuit board at bitbucket :)
https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/development/Motor_controllers--Other_controllers--BMSBattery_S06P.html

regards
stancecoke

sooo.. thats where I saw it :lol:

casainho said:
honya96 said:
Please confirm the LCD version you are using.
Does it show any battery bar signal? Any speed value? Any brake or throttle symbol?

s-lcd3 v3,0 72v ( works down to 50v with all my 36,48v controllers)
now I am back with another kt-lcd3 v3.0 0.6F 24-48v and another controller but it has the same board... maybe I will try the 12fet now. its the bmsbattery 40A same as yours.

edit: no brake icon, as i mentioned before. empty battery.

honya96 said:
s-lcd3 v3,0 72v ( works down to 50v with all my 36,48v controllers)
now I am back with another kt-lcd3 v3.0 0.6F 24-48v and another controller but it has the same board... maybe I will try the 12fet now. its the bmsbattery 40A same as yours.

edit: no brake icon, as i mentioned before. empty battery.
Rotate de motor by hand and see if it is hard to push, when comparing to the controller poweered off.

See that no one ever tested the 72v controller version.

I would say it has different power resistors to measure the battery voltage and so the firmware triggers undervoltage -- try to increase number of cells and there should be a value where it does not trigger.

Even better, measure with a multimeter your battery voltage and also the voltage at STM8 pin, then I can update the firmware for 72v version. Try also to read the resistors value.

I know all these things.. takes no power. power resistors at 72v controller are around 300Ohm but I was not trying 72v controller... now Iam..( 12fet) but its all modified to 48v and also lcd3 is 48v now so Its all like your setup?.. and it fails at "write option bytes" now. :cry:

first one I tried still acts like no firmware in it basicaly.

Attachments

• log3.txt
    1 KB · Views: 77
Good that you know all that things, that's great.

Let's focus only in one controller. We need to know if firmware is really working and being flashed.

When it works, should, send to LCD the symbol of brake, throttle and battery status.
Also, motor should be like "blocked" when you push the motor by hand, that is firmware controllong the power mosfets - with controller powered off, motor should rotate freely by hand.
If that things don't happen, so for some reason the firmware is not running. Also make sure when you power on, the brakes are released, other way the firmware simple don't run (this is specific to our firmware).

Please test and confirm. I am now thinking on next step.

honya96 said:
and it fails at "write option bytes" now. :cry:
On the log we can see the optionbytes.hex is not found, maybe the path to the file on the scrip is wrong, I think Stancecoke is the one that can help you here.

casainho said:
honya96 said:
and it fails at "write option bytes" now. :cry:
On the log we can see the optionbytes.hex is not found, maybe the path to the file on the scrip is wrong, I think Stancecoke is the one that can help you here.
Comparing with the script file for building, seems that script for write option bytes misses the line:

Code:
cd firmware
Makes sense, without that, optionbytes.hex file is not found.

Back