Ultimate BBSHD Grin Phase Runner FOC 3000W

Alan B said:
Changing the system voltage, if that's what you did, rescales almost every variable in the controller and completely undoes all the tuning that has been done. If you return to the previous system voltage setting things may return to a working state. Good luck.

Thank you Alan, i have noticed that but had no clue why. Still don't but things are on the right track.

What a world of difference in speed and power higher voltage/curent does.
I had a blast this morning during a few runs after managing to mount everything on the bike.
Although i am limited by the battery BMS to 40 amps continuous, i still can reach 40MPH in first gear with 30 amps of field weakening.
I don't know how long my internal gear hub is going to last if i run this kind of power through it but the bike is a joy to ride.
It is worthwhile at least for a while to have experienced so much fun.

I have read where a couple of you got the phaserunner and CA3 and started at 52V. RPMS were boosted in this set up. Have tried doing a search and can find no more info on this topic. Curious how much more speed was gained. How was the over all performance increases vs a Ludacrous at 60 amp. Thanks.

How about posting all the used settings of Phaserunner and CA? Since I already have Phaserunner, CA and BBSHD… would be great. I think I'm not the only one. Thanks

I know this thread is a couple years old, hopefully some of you guys are still around :D .

A couple things I wanted to mention...i.e. one recommendation and one question....

Grease....I talked to the engineers at Mobil 1 and they recommended Mobil SHC 100 for my BBSHD and my MAC. When I went to a Ludicrous controller, I greased my nylon gear and all of the internal components liberally with Mobile 1 SHC 100 grease and to date, I have not had any problems. I have a steel gear standing by but so far I haven't needed it. I run my controller set to 50A now but had it at 60A for a few months.

Question....I ride off road only in fairly tight trails and the max top speed I need is about 20 mph. Any faster and those trees get in my way :lol: . I am currently running a 14s6p battery, Ludicrous controller set to 50A...any higher and I can't keep the front end down when coming off of a corner, 27.5x3.00 Maxxis High Roller rear tire, and 28 tooth front/22 tooth rear gearing. If I have the top speed I need, enough torque, and my motor temps are OK...the only advantage I can see for going to 72v is a little quicker throttle response. Am I missing anything...what do you guys think? Thank You

Back