Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
m3t
100 µW
100 µW

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by m3t » Jan 13, 2018 1:22 am

Rix, I don’t think this group buy is happening anymore, by the way. You can purchase one directly from Kim in Norcal or Eric Luna in Socal.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 13, 2018 6:39 am

m3t wrote:
Jan 13, 2018 1:22 am
Rix, I don’t think this group buy is happening anymore, by the way. You can purchase one directly from Kim in Norcal or Eric Luna in Socal.
Thanks M3T, I was wondering about that too. I also sub'd just in case any updates are posted here.

m3t
100 µW
100 µW

Post by m3t » Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Yeah it’s a bummer. Been tryna get my hands on one and it’s been tough. Test rode motomoto’s bike yesterday and it was great. Should have some in stock soon, hopefully.
Last edited by m3t on Jan 18, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 15, 2018 6:45 pm

m3t wrote:
Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm
Yeah it’s a bummer. Been tryna get my hands on one and it’s been tough. Prices seem to be going up too, which is really bumming me out, unless they’re now equipped with higher capacity batteries or something. Test rode motomoto’s bike yesterday and it was great. Should have some in stock soon, hopefully.
Sometimes prices increase because there are improvements to the original OEM. Seems like I read that the specs for the front suspension and motor have recently been improved.

m3t
100 µW
100 µW

Post by m3t » Jan 15, 2018 6:52 pm

That’s correct. Motomoto actually had both versions and he let me ride both. The first version is like the ones in the first photo shoots. The main identifiable differences are the fins on the motors when viewing it from where the wheel is (radially), and that the new bikes included a sine wave controller that makes it much quieter and apparently ~10% faster. Couldn’t notice that part very much tbh. Also, the first versions came with the RST shocks and the production models come with the Fastace shocks. Personally, I think the RSTs are smoother but those were dialed in and I believe the Fastaces were just left as is. Fastaces have better turning radius, but the RSTs seem a bit beefier. You’ll see what I mean. Other than that, both were great bikes. I’d be happy with either. The videos you see online of Kim will show him on the first version.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 15, 2018 9:54 pm

m3t wrote:
Jan 15, 2018 6:52 pm
That’s correct. Motomoto actually had both versions and he let me ride both. The first version is like the ones in the first photo shoots. The main identifiable differences are the fins on the motors when viewing it from where the wheel is (radially), and that the new bikes included a sine wave controller that makes it much quieter and apparently ~10% faster. Couldn’t notice that part very much tbh. Also, the first versions came with the RST shocks and the production models come with the Fastace shocks. Personally, I think the RSTs are smoother but those were dialed in and I believe the Fastaces were just left as is. Fastaces have better turning radius, but the RSTs seem a bit beefier. You’ll see what I mean. Other than that, both were great bikes. I’d be happy with either. The videos you see online of Kim will show him on the first version.
That makes sense why the price went up, new motor and suspension. As of right now, I am in the process of selling my Devinci MTB and treadmill to bankroll a Sur-Ron.

m3t
100 µW
100 µW

Post by m3t » Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Well, that’s probably not the only reason why, but in either case, nice to hear you’ll be on one shortly. It’s pretty pricey, but for what you get it’s not terrible. Hoping to see upgrades down the line, esp a front fender. Mud is going to be rough without.

I think motomoto was developing one. Should be great like his other stuff.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm

m3t wrote:
Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm
Well, that’s probably not the only reason why, but in either case, nice to hear you’ll be on one shortly. It’s pretty pricey, but for what you get it’s not terrible. Hoping to see upgrades down the line, esp a front fender. Mud is going to be rough without.

I think motomoto was developing one. Should be great like his other stuff.
Hopefully me and motomoto meet up for a ride. I emailed him my schedule for the next 3 weeks, if it jives with his schedule, we should be meeting for a ride.

xcnick
1 µW
1 µW

Post by xcnick » Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Very lucky to demo. I didn't think a single gear would allow slow hill climbing. I asked to take it to a steep (30 deg) driveway and see if it would blow up. Kim was fine. I did four starts and stops like one is slowly climbing a bolder garden. Didn't blow up so I took him to what I figure is 35 deg hill climb. Too loose for a skinny bike. Fat bike with Lou hooks up perfectly. Skinny bike with mud tires Dirty Dan can just make it. Anyways, we didn't climb slowly like the fat bike with traction, just WFO and roosted right up it. I am left wondering why someone didn't tell me single speed is the only way to go!

It was fun to introduce the hooligan to snow:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIazGRiDd30[/youtube]

I botched the youtube inbed, newbie :lol: