Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
m3t
10 mW
10 mW

Re: Sur-Ron Light Bee USA group buy

Post by m3t » Jan 13, 2018 1:22 am

Rix, I don’t think this group buy is happening anymore, by the way. You can purchase one directly from Kim in Norcal or Eric Luna in Socal.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 13, 2018 6:39 am

m3t wrote:
Jan 13, 2018 1:22 am
Rix, I don’t think this group buy is happening anymore, by the way. You can purchase one directly from Kim in Norcal or Eric Luna in Socal.
Thanks M3T, I was wondering about that too. I also sub'd just in case any updates are posted here.

m3t
10 mW
10 mW

Post by m3t » Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Yeah it’s a bummer. Been tryna get my hands on one and it’s been tough. Test rode motomoto’s bike yesterday and it was great. Should have some in stock soon, hopefully.
Last edited by m3t on Jan 18, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 15, 2018 6:45 pm

m3t wrote:
Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm
Yeah it’s a bummer. Been tryna get my hands on one and it’s been tough. Prices seem to be going up too, which is really bumming me out, unless they’re now equipped with higher capacity batteries or something. Test rode motomoto’s bike yesterday and it was great. Should have some in stock soon, hopefully.
Sometimes prices increase because there are improvements to the original OEM. Seems like I read that the specs for the front suspension and motor have recently been improved.

m3t
10 mW
10 mW

Post by m3t » Jan 15, 2018 6:52 pm

That’s correct. Motomoto actually had both versions and he let me ride both. The first version is like the ones in the first photo shoots. The main identifiable differences are the fins on the motors when viewing it from where the wheel is (radially), and that the new bikes included a sine wave controller that makes it much quieter and apparently ~10% faster. Couldn’t notice that part very much tbh. Also, the first versions came with the RST shocks and the production models come with the Fastace shocks. Personally, I think the RSTs are smoother but those were dialed in and I believe the Fastaces were just left as is. Fastaces have better turning radius, but the RSTs seem a bit beefier. You’ll see what I mean. Other than that, both were great bikes. I’d be happy with either. The videos you see online of Kim will show him on the first version.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 15, 2018 9:54 pm

m3t wrote:
Jan 15, 2018 6:52 pm
That’s correct. Motomoto actually had both versions and he let me ride both. The first version is like the ones in the first photo shoots. The main identifiable differences are the fins on the motors when viewing it from where the wheel is (radially), and that the new bikes included a sine wave controller that makes it much quieter and apparently ~10% faster. Couldn’t notice that part very much tbh. Also, the first versions came with the RST shocks and the production models come with the Fastace shocks. Personally, I think the RSTs are smoother but those were dialed in and I believe the Fastaces were just left as is. Fastaces have better turning radius, but the RSTs seem a bit beefier. You’ll see what I mean. Other than that, both were great bikes. I’d be happy with either. The videos you see online of Kim will show him on the first version.
That makes sense why the price went up, new motor and suspension.
Last edited by Rix on Jan 21, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m3t
10 mW
10 mW

Post by m3t » Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Well, that’s probably not the only reason why, but in either case, nice to hear you’ll be on one shortly. It’s pretty pricey, but for what you get it’s not terrible. Hoping to see upgrades down the line, esp a front fender. Mud is going to be rough without.

I think motomoto was developing one. Should be great like his other stuff.

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm

m3t wrote:
Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm
Well, that’s probably not the only reason why, but in either case, nice to hear you’ll be on one shortly. It’s pretty pricey, but for what you get it’s not terrible. Hoping to see upgrades down the line, esp a front fender. Mud is going to be rough without.

I think motomoto was developing one. Should be great like his other stuff.
Hopefully me and motomoto meet up for a ride. I emailed him my schedule for the next 3 weeks, if it jives with his schedule, we should be meeting for a ride.

xcnick
1 mW
1 mW

Post by xcnick » Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Very lucky to demo. I didn't think a single gear would allow slow hill climbing. I asked to take it to a steep (30 deg) driveway and see if it would blow up. Kim was fine. I did four starts and stops like one is slowly climbing a bolder garden. Didn't blow up so I took him to what I figure is 35 deg hill climb. Too loose for a skinny bike. Fat bike with Lou hooks up perfectly. Skinny bike with mud tires Dirty Dan can just make it. Anyways, we didn't climb slowly like the fat bike with traction, just WFO and roosted right up it. I am left wondering why someone didn't tell me single speed is the only way to go!

It was fun to introduce the hooligan to snow:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIazGRiDd30[/youtube]

I botched the youtube inbed, newbie :lol:

skeetab5780
10 MW
10 MW

Post by skeetab5780 » Jan 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Whos the genius trying to sell these for over $10k on EBAY LOLOL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HH-Electric-Mo ... MAYrLiiD-g

some CA guy user name hobbyhudlum

devo1223
10 W
10 W

Post by devo1223 » Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

$12k! you want the 60v version, right?
Vector lite
Mxus 3k turbo 3t in 17in moto rim

Rix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 24, 2018 4:50 pm

skeetab5780 wrote:
Jan 24, 2018 3:05 pm
Whos the genius trying to sell these for over $10k on EBAY LOLOL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HH-Electric-Mo ... MAYrLiiD-g

some CA guy user name hobbyhudlum
I just emailed this guy a message on Ebay asking him if the price was a typo. I will post his response here. Doesn't seem right that he's gouging this so bad. Hopefully no one gets screwed by him.

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Jan 24, 2018 5:48 pm

wow what a mark up !
But guys, what you don't realise is that it's a "super ebike" and " Style: Luxury Type" :lol:
:roll:
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Jan 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Oh well more kudos to him if he actually does move bikes for 10-12K a pop. There ain't no law against greed :)

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Jan 24, 2018 10:54 pm

xcnick wrote:
Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm

It was fun to introduce the hooligan to snow:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIazGRiDd30[/youtube]

I botched the youtube inbed, newbie :lol:
I too was doing some winter riding with the vector, my brand new home made ghetto studded tires last week. Great fun until I got side swiped by a stupid car driver that didn't yield the right of way and when she finally saw me, it was probably both feets on the brake pedal because she locked her wheels and I ended up face down in the road, pretty beaten with dislocated shoulder that turned out to be broken. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't need surgery. First check up and new x-rays this friday. Hopefully I am healing, otherwise I guess there will be more metal studs and what not. No wonder I set off those metal detectors at the air port. :D

Next time I go winter riding I will use mx gear, at least then there won't be nothing broken by my ego if I end up face down.

xcnick
1 mW
1 mW

Post by xcnick » Jan 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Hope you heal up soon, so sorry to hear this. Here is some off road where the snow is soft and no cars:

Not the power of the Sur Ron, but it will still drive sideways all day.
Last edited by xcnick on Mar 30, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Jan 25, 2018 9:57 am

Really nice touch with the ski upfront. Have you been riding snow bikes?
I wonder how your bike would handle stadium cross track for snowmobiles? With big jumps and tight corners?

xcnick
1 mW
1 mW

Post by xcnick » Jan 25, 2018 11:33 am

The Sur Ron is the bomb for the snow cross track. BBSHD on a hardtail is only fun on the soft snow, just one reason I hate hardtails. We put a ski on the Sur Ron, but the snow was crap and a front wheel was fine on the hard pack groomed.

SOMEBODY PUT A 120MM SAND/MUD TIRE ON THE SUR RON! Looks like one has to move the wheel to the left and maybe even dish the wheel, but it would be so worth it. Kim, add this to the list above front fender.

xcnick
1 mW
1 mW

Post by xcnick » Jan 25, 2018 11:38 am

No, I have ridden the snow bikes yet. Hey Kim, We can rent a couple in Truckee, wanna go with me?

However I study them everyday and am worried the track takes out the beauty of a turn on hard pack. They look good in powder, but awkward on the pack trail. As soon as Kim and I unloaded we started flat tracking and doing donuts. The snowbikes just charge straight up like a snowmobile. I don't know if the bike won't do it or the owners just aren't hooligans like us.

motomoto
1 kW
1 kW

Post by motomoto » Jan 26, 2018 1:17 am

That was a fun day nick. I never thought I would be riding up the side of a mountain in the snow with a ski on the front. I big
sprocket on the rear with a wide tire for sure next time.

racingame
100 mW
100 mW

Post by racingame » Jan 26, 2018 9:48 am

Hello, I got a company that sells ebikes and other electric engine powered vehicles. I'd like to become a retailer of this bike for Italy. Could anybody please tell me how can I get in touch with the Chinese company (I think Hangzhou Qiu Long Technology Co., Ltd.)? Or better, are there already resellers for Europe where I can buy from?

Tecknix
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Tecknix » Feb 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Looks like there's a "pedal" kit now for those that were asking.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride
100 kW
100 kW

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Feb 03, 2018 1:20 pm

racingame wrote:
Jan 26, 2018 9:48 am
Hello, I got a company that sells ebikes and other electric engine powered vehicles. I'd like to become a retailer of this bike for Italy. Could anybody please tell me how can I get in touch with the Chinese company (I think Hangzhou Qiu Long Technology Co., Ltd.)? Or better, are there already resellers for Europe where I can buy from?
check here for sur ron light bee (firefly) in Europe :

http://ridefirefly.com
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

ziltoid81
100 W
100 W

Post by ziltoid81 » Feb 06, 2018 3:19 am

Tecknix wrote:
Feb 02, 2018 9:11 pm
Looks like there's a "pedal" kit now for those that were asking.

Looks horrible in the video.......
I can understand that you install this to look like a normal cycle, for legal reasons, but i cant imagine pedaling like this for several kilometers.
You pedal slightly backwards and the seat is way to low for this.
Imagine this with an even bigger american oder european rider........wont work.

Tecknix
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Tecknix » Feb 06, 2018 7:06 am

ziltoid81 wrote:
Feb 06, 2018 3:19 am
Looks horrible in the video.......
I can understand that you install this to look like a normal cycle, for legal reasons, but i cant imagine pedaling like this for several kilometers.
You pedal slightly backwards and the seat is way to low for this.
Imagine this with an even bigger american oder european rider........wont work.
As you mentioned this is more for legality purpose than anything else IMHO. Although in a pinch you could pedal your way back and hate every minute of it :lol: