Carbon Frame and BBSHD

barbs00

100 W
Hi All,

I have the chance to get a really cheap Giant anthem advanced 2016 - Carbon frame bike.

I would like to add my BBSHD motor to this frame.

Are there any issues using a carbon frame with a BBSHD mid drive?

Cheers

There's been some discussion of BBS* and carbon frames; in case they're useful, here's a few threads with those in the title (there's probably other individual posts or threads without that in the title that have info too)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=carbon+bbs*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thanks Amberwolf.

I went out to see the bike today and unfortunately the bottom bracket is around 90mm and the BBSHD I wanted to fit (already have it) is the standard 68-73mm version. Damn!

I am guessing the answer is no....but is there any way to make this fit without a ridiculous amount of effort? Anyone sell something that may help?

Cheers

Yes that might work but unfortunately I already have a standard size BBSHD motor I wanted to use.... :x

Are the small teeth/grooves of the BBSHD that bite into the bottom bracket likely to damage a carbon frame?

Someone told me it could crack the frame but the teeth seem so small that I can't see this happening? Then again I have been wrong before :D

Any carbon frame with a threaded BB is going to have an aluminum insert, so no problem. A press-fit frame may not, but you'd have to use an adapter anyways.

Back