Speak French?

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
... well, Québécois français... :mrgreen:

Seen on a ebike store dans la belle Province:

Le futur est électrique,
Changer votre mode de vie en achetant un vélo électrique chez Quantum eBikes :mrgreen:

(En anglais:)
The future is electric,
Change your lifestyle by buying an electric bike at Quantum eBikes
:D

`Cept their English-language version for their site seems to drop this phrase? [grumble grumble]

Hehe... Ici:
https://www.quantumebikes.com/

Not very far from home, 7km
Never noticed them, although I pass by sometimes. They are not visible, behind a warehouse.

PS: I speak French, my native language. My brother says I can speak any language, if the girl is beautiful enough.

^^ HEHE... Mon Ami. If ya do drop by their store, maybe suggest that "we" want to "see them on the `Sphere"? At least, if they just drop by/post a note... say hello...

:wink:

I will. Probably next summer, for I usually don’t need to ride this area in the winter. I go there for the freshness of the canal, on warm days.

Fait Amusant

You aware of the earthquake risk in Montreal?
Just listened to a talking head on the radio, and most people do not realize the earthquake potential. Which is why only 3% of Montrealers have earthquake insurance.

Yes. Province of Quebec has a high earthquake risk. In my (70 yrs) life, I have felt half a dozen myself in the Laurentians. Slow waves, usually lasting long. Earthquakes are more brutal, fast waves in the Pacific coastal regions.

HA... "the earthquake risk in Montreal"... F/that... Risk of hydro-electric power generator failure?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydro-Québec
"Today, with 63 hydroelectric power stations, the combined output capacity is 36,912 megawatts. Extra power is exported from the province and Hydro-Québec supplies 10 per cent of New England's power requirements."

In Ontario we got places places like Pickering... (nuclear power generation). Ask the folks around Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania how well that works? ... or folks in/around Fukushima in Japan? Etc.

Hehe... I'll take hydro-electric power generation any day. If anything "fails"? No big deal. One problem maybe... these electricity generating systems are mostly all "run" by politicians. :)

Anyway. AFAIK/off-hand, all electric bikes dans la belle Province are 100% solar-powered.

:mrgreen:

LockH said:
Hehe... I'll take hydro-electric power generation any day. If anything "fails"? No big deal. One problem maybe... these electricity generating systems are mostly all "run" by politicians. :)

Yep. So you understand why our liberal government decided to buy windmills generators that produce very little current with a cost per Kw twice as much as hydro. Current that we don’t need, and that we sell cheaper than its cost in windmill maintenance. Corrupt, stupid, or most likely both.

Mon Dieu! "windmills generators that produce very little current with a cost per Kw twice as much as hydro"... LOVE the Dutch... Hehe... ("Big" on windmills... experts at dealing with sea levels... "bought into" using bettery-electric assist for bikes... not adverse to consuming tetrahydrocannabinol... :lol: )

"cost per Kw twice as much as hydro"... Cost to install, or costs including install PLUS operations over time...? Any links? Personally, actually, actually prefer multiple sources of energy from the sun... to help "cover all the bases"... Sunlight - close to the planets surface - switches on/off as the planet rotates... but that helps give us the "water cycle"... (see "hydro"... see "tides"...) Hehe... speaking of tides... wonder how "things" are doing in the Bay of Fundy:

Nova Scotia set to welcome tidal-power turbines
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...welcome-tidal-power-turbines/article30201560/

I've actually traveled many thousands of miles using vehicles - vessels - watt used "free energy" from sunlight ("wind"). :wink:

BTW... a chunk of the Dutch "French language-friendly"... Wiki:
There is a trend of learning foreign languages in the Netherlands: between 90% and 93% of the total population are able to converse in English, 71% in German, 29% in French and 5% in Spanish.

Wind power is not reliable. Weak wind produces nothing, strong wind breaks the windmill. It is good only when there are no better solutions.

Netherland was the swamp of Europe, they had to deal with yearly floodings. A third of the country is below sea level, so they became experts at building digs. Then with their fertile flat land regained from the sea, they became experts in agriculture and breeding. The best crop is from the north of the Netherland, and the Friesians developped some of the best horse, dog, sheep and cow breeds that spread in the whole world.

Wind is constant and moderate in those flat lands, making the use of wind power a natural solution to drain water. Yet, even with their ideal conditions, wind does produce a very little percentage of their power needs.

^^ Hehe... "Wind power is not reliable."... NOTHING is "reliable". I'm not. :mrgreen: Are you? However, so far light from the sun has been pretty reliable... :lol: I'm just sayin', better to "spread the risk" ("investor-speak") and not put all of our "eggs in one basket" re sources of electrical energy. AFAIK, "geothermal" totally overlooked as one source in the mix of things...

:wink:

LockH said:
^^ Hehe... "Wind power is not reliable."... NOTHING is "reliable". I'm not. :mrgreen: Are you?

Yes, I am very reliable. You can ask my numerous clients, kids, and ex wives. :D

Geothermal is getting popular here. Solar is not very popular, mostly because the grid current is cheap and, yes, reliable. Solar is considered an expansive self sustainability add-on to a house.

^^ Hehe... "grid current is cheap"... aka "hydro"... aka "solar"... :mrgreen: :lol:

markz said:
What would you list as the Top 8 things to do/see when in Montreal?

HAHA... While being "male"... (Vive La Difference!) otherwise, check out these folks at Quantum :D

markz said:
What would you list as the Top 8 things to do/see when in Montreal?

Well, this is about what you like, when you come, if you are alone or with wife, your budget, how long you stay...

Montreal has a lot to see, live and do. New things to discover even for those who’d been living here a long time. I am not gonna give you a standard tourist list, because that is not what I like when I visit another city.

In any case, you are welcome to ride. I always have a guest bike ready.

MadRhino said:
Wind power is not reliable.
Locate the windmills in close proximity to the politicians. There will be no shortage of hot air.

Back