Leili controller+ TFT display

elik1111

100 W
Is anybody using this set of square wave 80A controller+TFT display?
Had anybody had noise and shaking problem in a low speed or climbing up? How did you fix?

In addition, suddenly the TFT died and won't start. In this case the controller stops working as well.
Anyway to bypass this TFT or its a must.

I do like the advanced featureless of this controller as: lights and alarm, but God so many problems with this monster sized controller.

Any suggestions?

Yes I am experiencing the same exact problem. They literally sent zero setup information with the kit. Mine makes a lot of noise under load and it shakes/slips at a specific range in the rpm.. I am going to contact Leili about this.. Was going to order 200+ units of this kit, but now I am not too sure about them..

I had the same since June. In the beginning they had blamed it on the fact of the controller being a swuarewave which is bull. I insisted on solution and finally they had send me a new controller with I guess a new software version. They had fixed 70% of the noise and shake.
But... Now the TFT is not working. The problem is that it's a closed system and not competable with CA.

The SA version of the CA is compatible with everything, for monitoring.

Anything that uses a 5v (max) throttle or RC-pulse throttle can also be controlled by the CA. You just have to do some rewiring of your kit to connect it's throttle up to the CA, and the CA to the controller's throttle. If it uses JST connectors then even taht is easy, just making sure the pins are in the same order. If not, you just need to either change connectors to match, or directly splice the wires together.

All the info necessary to do it is on the http://ebikes.ca site, on the CA product / info pages, and in the manuals and step-by-step guides downloadable there. (there are also threads here on ES about it, but harder to find).

Yes i m familiar with the CA. How ever their controller is not stand alone. Their TFT must be connected during all times. I verified it with them.

You could leave the TFT connected but bundled up off the handlebars, if you dont' need any of the info it is showing you, and don't need to press any buttons on it while riding. If you have a battery bag or box you could stick it in that.

Well, if it's like the other controllers that "require" their LCD, some can be run "headless" by finding the two wires that act as "keyswitch".

In other controllers like my Fusin kit, which used a LiShui controller and I think a KingMeter LCD, there is a wire with battery voltage on it, and another wire with no voltage on it when the unit is "off" but after you engage power with the buttons connected to the LCD, the second wire then also has battery voltage on it, passing it back to the controller.

Since yours doesn't work you can't measure for this, but anyone with a working LCD would be able to do so.

Once you know which two wires they are, you can just connect them together, with or without the LCD attached at all, and the controller should operate at least in basic mode. It may only work at the firs tpower level if there are multiples, if those levels must be changed every time you power on.

Another way to find the wires may be to open the controller, and find the thin wire that goes from the input side of the low-voltage regulator to the connector on the LCD. That wire would be teh one that gets power from the LCD when the LCD is turned on (button push), and so would be the one you'd need to connect to battery power to turn it on.

This post
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=584366#p584366
has that info for my controller; the arrangement is likely similar for yours.

Yes, I asked Leili that question but they did not want to tell me.
I hope they will send me a new LCD and will get it done.

I just rode mine today and the LCD froze. I turned it off by unplugging the battery as the RFID keys wouldnt shut it down. I have a second display and it worked when plugged in. I rode it home and tried the other display that wouldnt turn on previously. Well it started right up.. im not sure whats up but we are having thr same issue. I bought this kit in late spring/early summer. Sounds like we got screwed.. ive used plenty of controllers and this shit is bs.. can you pass along LEILI's contact info? My contact quit working there due to no agreeing with how they do business.. (red flag)

Better description.

My original display froze and it wouldn't turn off.

I tried opening up and looking in side and seeing if there is anything visibly wrong and everything looked okay.

So I went home got my spare display for another kit that I was going to set up and that one fired right up when installed.

So I wrote it home and when I got home I decided to see if the display that wasn't working with turn on again.

The display turned on and everything was working okay.

So something seriously wrong we need to figure it out

the color TFT. i dont know if its original or not. it was purchased nearly 6 months ago

can you provide your contact to Leili? I cant get a hold of anyone there. Their contact info goes to a women who doesnt work there anymore. I just talked to her on the phone and she said the system for the TFT software is unstable because it is so new.

Received a new TFT. Let's see if this one works:) if not I, m going to get new controller that works with a phone or CA.

Any updates? Still same problems? If the problems persist I will buy something else for my future build. Your answers are much appreciated :D

The new controller works much better. There are some shakes in a certain very low speed but much better all together.

elik1111 said:
I had the same since June. In the beginning they had blamed it on the fact of the controller being a swuarewave which is bull. I insisted on solution and finally they had send me a new controller with I guess a new software version. They had fixed 70% of the noise and shake.
But... Now the TFT is not working. The problem is that it's a closed system and not competable with CA.

Hi, i was communicating with their sales rep "Chris" & he told me the same bullshit, after 2 months of investigating, he quit the company & i had to retell my story countless no of times to countless number of people. i'm curious though, how did you solve it? i'm wondering if i should keep the battery & motor, & just buy me an infineon controller or any other reputable controller.

The new controller they sent is not a sinwave but is good. I thought about getting a new controller but in my case since it's their bike, I will need to rewire and get a new LCD which is pretty expensive and require work. I will do it in a case this controller dies.

elik1111 said:
The new controller they sent is not a sinwave but is good. I thought about getting a new controller but in my case since it's their bike, I will need to rewire and get a new LCD which is pretty expensive and require work. I will do it in a case this controller dies.

Is this new controller a 100A or the same 80A? Because new kits are being sold with a 100A controller.

elik1111 said:
They say it's a square wave 80A.

Is the new one a sin wave?

They don’t say anything about it so most likely square. New kits from AliBaba are being sold with 100A controller.

elik1111 said:

BTW can you hit 100kmh? 80A 72V controller doesn’t seem like much for a 8000w motor. Should I choose 19” or 21” moto rim?

Back