Chilwee lead-graphene battery

Archer321

10 W
I found an interesting looking battery online but can't find a place to actually buy some unless I order 200 units off Alibaba.
Anybody got an idea?
http://www.cnchaowei.com/en/product9.php

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60597555328/6-EVF-35-3-12V35-3Ah.html

Most sellers are willing to send samples at a higher processing fee.

But unless you must have lead, why go with this, when Lithium batteries of various types out perform on most common characteristics?

Gotta have lead.
Rules.
Thanks for the heads up though.
Maybe I'll try the sample route.

I've never heard of those before.

ADVANTAGES
* Capacity has been increased 10 - 16%;
* Cycle life has been increased 50% more;
* Low/High Temperature performance has been improved 30-40%;
* Water Loss rate has been decreased 40%;
* Large power discharge capability has been increased 15%;
* Special charger is applied to ensure battery be fully charged and to prevent overcharge.

If you have an unlimited budget, I'd recommend Enersys batteries. These seem to have the best track record for lead in EVs.
http://www.enersys.com/ODYSSEY_Batteries.aspx?langType=1033

fechter said:
I've never heard of those before.

ADVANTAGES
* Capacity has been increased 10 - 16%;
* Cycle life has been increased 50% more;
* Low/High Temperature performance has been improved 30-40%;
* Water Loss rate has been decreased 40%;
* Large power discharge capability has been increased 15%;
* Special charger is applied to ensure battery be fully charged and to prevent overcharge.

Yeah, they sound interesting don't they?

Archer321 said:
Gotta have lead.
Rules.

You must live in a really wierd place to require lead-type batteries on your bikes (or other vehicles).

amberwolf said:
Archer321 said:
Gotta have lead.
Rules.

You must live in a really wierd place to require lead-type batteries on your bikes (or other vehicles).

Could be a competition or race?

Ah. Since others posting here on ES about Electrathon have built non-lead packs for it, they must have several "levels" of racing (or different events) that allow different kinds of packs.

They do.
The standard class is 72lbs or less of lead acid.
All other battery chemistries fall into the "Advanced Battery" class and they have weight restrictions unique to the specific types.
I think li-po is 16lbs or so.

To: kirk@shiftev.com

Dear Sir:

Am writing to you in your capacity as President of Electrathon America...

I stumbled across battery-electric vehicles about 20 years ago, and haven't bought fossil fuels for personal use for decades.

HOWEVER, I am... bothered... to read that your organization still provides in your Handbook/Rules for batteries using LEAD? One might suggest this chemistry is "more affordable"... to purchase, however much of the rest of the world is "moving on" to lithium-flavoured chemistries, as the advantages... including less weight per Wh stored ... are varied and numerous.

PLEASE... I hope that in the near future the Board Members for Electrathon America will elect to drop and ban use of lead... already banned from use in so many other products. It's lovely, reusable stuff! ... but not when ANY of it gets into our environment?

Best Regards

Lock
Toronto

I imagine one day, someone who has been driven to the brink of insanity by coming second every year since 1990, will buy 70lbs of Lithium, gut two very standard looking SLAs, fit them inside then create a tiny layer of acid and lead on top in case a race official tries to remove a valve to inspect or something :p

Okay, maybe I've watched Hot Fuzz too many times.

Sunder said:
I imagine one day, someone who has been driven to the brink of insanity by coming second every year since 1990, will buy 70lbs of Lithium, gut two very standard looking SLAs, fit them inside then create a tiny layer of acid and lead on top in case a race official tries to remove a valve to inspect or something :p

Okay, maybe I've watched Hot Fuzz too many times.

Actually, you wouldn't have to bother with the thin layer of lead and acid since everyone uses AGMs.
Nobody's gonna try to open one anyway.
Someone may cheat like that someday (or maybe they already have) but there can't be much satisfaction in winning like that.

Well it's largely a student engineering competition (there are a few adults racing at each event) with kids being overseen by an adult or two per team. While an adult might cheat on their own, it would take a particular type of a**hole to endorse their kids cheating.

All that being said...
I would really like to get my hands on a few Chilwee 6-evf-35.3 batteries.
So if anyone figures out where I can get some please speak up.

Hehe... Then there's some that have "cheated the rules" for decades.

Like, showing up for sailboat races not having hundreds or thousands of pounds of ("heavy"/"dense") lead weight strapped to the bottom of the boat (see "keel"). Any/all Weight=Bad in "boat-terms" where yer relying for only solar power (see "wind"). Folks HATED seeing little boats tearing around the racecourse at 2-3 or more times "faster than normal" sailboats featuring lots of "gold-plated" bits... (see "expensive stuff").

Sorta like today where some operating "big", "expensive"/etc. fancy horseless carriages ("cars", etc) may hate seeing other folks riding "tiny"/"little"/"cheap" vehicles and "smoking the fleet" in urban transportation terms.

:lol:

It will be interesting to see if these batteries are a genuine development/improvement over traditional lead-acid, or if they're just mediocre tech with graphene powder sprinkled in to hype up the product.

If they're no good then as mentioned above, there's probably not anything out there that beats Enersys batteries for performance.

LockH said:

Dear Sir:

I stumbled across battery-electric vehicles about 20 years ago, and haven't bought fossil fuels for personal use for decades.

HOWEVER, I am... bothered... to read that your organization still provides in your Handbook/Rules for batteries using LEAD?

Thank you for your email lock,

I completely understand your perspective. Electrathon America competitions are not about a chemistry, they are about a one hour endurance Race using one kilowatt hour of power. Any chemistry is legal as defined in two different sections of the rules.

... and ends:
Thanks for your feedback, I believe you and I are on the same page on this. Stay tuned for more Improvement on this during 2018.

Kirk Swaney

:)

LockH said:

Dear Sir:

HOWEVER, I am... bothered... to read that your organization still provides in your Handbook/Rules for batteries using LEAD? One might suggest this chemistry is "more affordable"... to purchase, however much of the rest of the world is "moving on" to lithium-flavoured chemistries, as the advantages... including less weight per Wh stored ... are varied and numerous.

PLEASE... I hope that in the near future the Board Members for Electrathon America will elect to drop and ban use of lead... already banned from use in so many other products. It's lovely, reusable stuff! ... but not when ANY of it gets into our environment?

Best Regards

Lock
Toronto

Yes thank you for your championing the banning of lead in a competition with fewer than 300 cars nationwide and of which you are not a participant.
Your uninvolved, un-informed activism is sure to make the competition better for the rest of us.

Have you ever seen a picture of a lithium mine?

^^ HA HA! Sad...

Back