Quad Cycle - Looking for EV component installers in Toronto.

markz said:
Wheel chairs have 4 wheels, some have 5 or 6 wheels. Some wheel chairs are powered, so that law is crap.
In Calgary, Alberta we had a politician who is in a powered wheel chair, Ken Hehr, his wheel chair is powered and has 6 wheels, 2 regular sized big wheels, 2 small wheels up front and 2 small wheels out back. I have seen the man on occasion fly down sidewalks.
Donut eating police would not ticket anyone like that, out of sympathy. Just like the police will not press trespass charges against the surviving teens that slid down the luge track at 2am, some survived others didnt. But they will surely ticket bums for whatever they can. However all the DUI'ers out there should be reminded that you are not allowed by law to operate anything that is motorized on any public land, including seadoos, skidoos, vehicles, boats, trains, airplanes, electric and motorized bicycles. Now when it comes to powered wheel chairs is when things get shadey. Private land you are allowed to do whatever you please.

Since 2000, Canada's Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (MVSR) have defined Power Assisted bicycles (PABs) as a separate category, and which require no license to operate. PABs are currently defined as a two- or three-wheeled bicycle equipped with handlebars and operable pedals, an attached electric motor of 500W or less, and a maximum speed capability of 32 km/h from the motor over level ground. Other requirements include a permanently affixed label from the manufacturer in a conspicuous location stating the vehicle is a power-assisted bicycle under the statutory requirements in force at the time of manufacture.[14][15] All power-assisted bicycles must utilize an electric motor for assisted propulsion.
A power-assisted bicycle may be imported and exported freely within Canada without the same restrictions placed on auto-mobiles or a moped. Under federal law, power-assisted bicycles may be restricted from operation on some roads, lanes, paths, or thoroughfares by the local municipality.[16][17]
Bicycle-style PABs are permitted on National Capital Commission's (NCC) Capital Pathway network, but scooter-style PABs are prohibited. All PABs (bicycle- and scooter-style) are permitted on dedicated NCC bike lanes. All PABs are prohibited in Gatineau Park's natural surface trails.[18]

I understand your position.. but once you comprehend common law.. these these types of rules lose their power one when knows who to exercise their common law rights. Just stating.

markz said:
Just gotta see what the law states for your area!

That's the thing, these are not really 'laws', they are legalities that fall under 'rights, privileges and benefits' [statues] which do not have the force of "law' and thus are for 'persons' (corporate fictions, non-living entities, since legalities do not recognize anyone who's alive, only dead - check this out if you desire, for it's mostly accurate, not all [certain terms they provide definitions for are a little inaccurate and certain viewpoints of what Common Law is actually based on is inaccurate when it's actually based on God-given rights] i kindly ask you take the time to view it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sArXw6ajNg). You don't need permission by the gov't to do something that is your God-given right (e.g. to travel, to go fishing, to go hunting etc). The gov't is supposed to uphold your God-given rights, not suppress them, i'd suggest kindly when you have time, watch the above documentary.

Nonetheless i do appreciate your response, hope you been well Markz :) and you can be sure those as ourselves will do our due diligence to be responsible on such things especially about upholding our natural common law right to travel etc.

Hehe... Watts it called... "regulation"? (Must look up... sounds sorta like "legalities". Oh oh...) :lol:

Fergot about this thread... :)

One piece of "gear" maybe might slow "official"-types down a bit...
s-l1600.jpg

... and two, I'm currently rolling on a recumbent trike w/a pole flying flags and streamers re visibility?:

Flag.jpg

... just a thought...

... and 3) re speeds? If you were to get on Toronto roads EVen at boring, old power-assisted bicycle speeds of legal 32km/h max... NO problem beating 99% of 99% of traffic on roads clogged with bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go traffic... (even some major roads they call PARKways...), `cause you got one thing 99% of vehicles don't have. "Full Torque" at about zero RPMs. :wink:

LockH said:
Fergot about this thread... :)

One piece of "gear" maybe might slow "official"-types down a bit...
s-l1600.jpg

... and two, I'm currently rolling on a recumbent trike w/a pole flying flags and streamers re visibility?:

Flag.jpg

... just a thought...

... and 3) re speeds? If you were to get on Toronto roads EVen at boring, old power-assisted bicycle speeds of legal 32km/h max... NO problem beating 99% of 99% of traffic on roads clogged with bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go traffic... (even some major roads they call PARKways...), `cause you got one thing 99% of vehicles don't have. "Full Torque" at about zero RPMs. :wink:

Well, when i'm in the quadcycle with my wheelchair on the back, it's obvious what my situation is ;)

Neat recumbent trike, sure is visible no doubt.

Heh @ boring old power assisted bicycle speeds of 32km/h. Here in Canada they call them 'high ways' though with such bad traffic at times it could be called a temporary park-way :) But seriously yea.. full torque at zero is a wonderful thing.

Back