E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Brute said:
https://ausgofar.smugmug.com/Stealth/i-QJ2bVMD
A nice vid of one of our recent rides . That bloody fence wasn`t there last time though .
nice video, that was neat seeing the trees open up to the surf, and the roos running along.

Here's the video of my ride last weekend up Castle hill.
This was the first time I had been up this hill, so didn't get as many fly by shots as I would have liked to make a decent video, but still ok.
Enjoy!
[youtube]YVRniz6GmL0[/youtube]

Oh and yeah, Lash or anyone else who is keen for a ride I'm definitely up for that. :) If anyone is around Canberra flick me a PM I always keen to go riding with any other E-bikers...and I'm always happy to adjust my speed (insanity) to suit. :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers

Very nice video CD, excellent editing and 3rd person shots! I could tell that was a beautiful ride. I cross posted this comment on your personal thread as well.

Hey Guys
Im new to the forum and would like to say i have found the info here very helpful !
Ive just recently finished restoring a bomber , (it was a barnyard find and i had to rebuild it to every last nut and bolt) and have a question in regards to a battery build.
The original battery that came with the B52 had 6 cells not registering any voltage so I've decided to replace it and go the 18650 route.
Im thinking 21s 8p would suit my needs but am not sure whether to go for a 20 amp discharge rate cell like the LG HG2 3000 mah 20a
or will the LG Mj1 3500mah 10 amp cell have as much punch ?
Since Im continuously using full throttle while accelerating will the high amp cell be a better option ?
Thanks in advance
Here are a few photos of the rebuild!

Attachments

• IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2262.jpg
    IMG_2262.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2467.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 2,798
Welcome Trelos.

Good job on the restoration! I keep telling myself that, one day these bikes will be like the early Harley's or Ducati's of the E-Bike world. Worth a pretty penny in good condition.

As far as the battery goes, I would advise going with the high discharge cells if only doing 8P. If you can stretch the parallel count higher...i.e. 10P+ then I would say you can get away with the 3500mah cells. The higher the parallel count the better ultimately.

Cheers

Hi Cowardlyduck
Thanks for the advice :)
Ill have to make a choice soon cause I've been using a lipo set up 20s 5p , having to balance charge each pack individually is not very practical
i wouldn't recommend it !
So am i correct to say by using a LG mJ1 cell with a 10 amp cont discharge rate if i multiply the 9p x 10 amp it will only give me 90 amp cont
discharge .Where as the 20 amp cell will be 180 amp cont?

Trelos said:
Hi Cowardlyduck
Ill have to make a choice soon cause I've been using a lipo set up 20s 5p , having to balance charge each pack individually is not very practical
So am i correct to say by using a LG mJ1 cell with a 10 amp cont discharge rate if i multiply the 9p x 10 amp it will only give me 90 amp cont
You don't have to balance charge Lipo packs individually....you can just bulk charge to less than 4.2V per cell then balance charge the rest in parallel groups. Many of us (including myself) have been doing it this way for years.

As for the discharge rate, yeah you are right, but I wouldn't apply that to a continuous rate...at least not for very long periods. The main reason is heat...check out this video to see why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9-i23mGqc
So my 14S14P pack I recently finished building has the potential for 140A, but I would only say that is peak, not continuous. In normal riding conditions you shouldn't be drawing huge amps like that anyway unless your cruising down the highway at 100Kph or going straight up the side of a mountain. Even in stop/go traffic you will be on/off the throttle and therefore amps draw.

What controller are you planning to use? The original stock controller will only do 65A from memory.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Trelos said:
Hi Cowardlyduck
You don't have to balance charge Lipo packs individually....you can just bulk charge to less than 4.2V per cell then balance charge the rest in parallel groups. Many of us (including myself) have been doing it this way for years.

As for the discharge rate, yeah you are right, but I wouldn't apply that to a continuous rate...at least not for very long periods. The main reason is heat...check out this video to see why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9-i23mGqc
So my 14S14P pack I recently finished building has the potential for 140A, but I would only say that is peak, not continuous. In normal riding conditions you shouldn't be drawing huge amps like that anyway unless your cruising down the highway at 100Kph or going straight up the side of a mountain. Even in stop/go traffic you will be on/off the throttle and therefore amps draw.

What controller are you planning to use? The original stock controller will only do 65A from memory.

Cheers
ok cool
cheers for the video
Im using the stock controller that came with the bomber atm , the cycle analyst took me a little while to figure out :roll: coming from a background of racing rc cars for 30 years didn't think it would be too complicated but i got there in the end !
In saying that I must admit im finding it a little difficult working out a smooth acceleration setting using 84 volts in the fighter , its very responsive.
Is there another controller you would recommend for the bomber ?
cheers

Trelos said:
Is there another controller you would recommend for the bomber ?

Well I would say Adaptto is still the 'best' controller you can get, but there's a few issues with them.
-It can be very hard to tune correctly. Many people have ended up running them with sub-optimal settings (myself included) which generates additional heat in the motor.
-The company seems to be in a state of limbo atm...noone really know's if they will be back, so support/warranty is a bit of a question.
-I would say figuring out the Adaptto is about 3-4 times harder than the CA, so if your adverse to frustrating technical difficulties, don't get an Adaptto.

If you can live with all that...get an Adaptto. :)

Apart from that, I've only used Infineon, and Grinfineon controllers. The Infineon's are bog standard old school square wave, the same as what the Bomber/Fighter come with as standard. They are noisy and slightly less efficient compared to newer sinewave/FOC. They don't make the Grinfineons in high enough current versions to work well with the Bomber.

Another option I have no personal experience with is these:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75888
If I didn't already have an Adaptto Midi-E for my Alpha build, I would probably be giving one of these a try.

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers

Trelos said:
Hey Guys
Im new to the forum and would like to say i have found the info here very helpful !
Ive just recently finished restoring a bomber , (it was a barnyard find and i had to rebuild it to every last nut and bolt) and have a question in regards to a battery build.
The original battery that came with the B52 had 6 cells not registering any voltage so I've decided to replace it and go the 18650 route.
Im thinking 21s 8p would suit my needs but am not sure whether to go for a 20 amp discharge rate cell like the LG HG2 3000 mah 20a
or will the LG Mj1 3500mah 10 amp cell have as much punch ?
Since Im continuously using full throttle while accelerating will the high amp cell be a better option ?
Thanks in advance
Here are a few photos of the rebuild!

Welcome to the thread. Very nice restoration job, looks brand new.

Cheers Rix !
Thanks Cowardlyduck for the info on the simwave bluetooth controller , I like specs of the 18 fet. Ive tried contacting Power Velocity because
there is no option to ship to Au on their web site.
Ill let you guys know what its like , hopefully soon !

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I've been sent the wrong battery for my new stealth fighter F37 the battery says 12v 14ah ?

Hi can anyone tell me if I've been sent the wrong battery for my new stealth fighter F37 the battery says 12v 14ah?
Which can't be right.
Please see pictures below.

Mattof37 said:
Hi can anyone tell me if I've been sent the wrong battery for my new stealth fighter F37 the battery says 12v 14ah?
Which can't be right.
Please see pictures below.
Take a volt meter and check the main power leads, if the volts are somewhere between 48 and 58 volts, you have the correct battery.

Thanks for the reply and info rix, seen a lot of your videos on YouTube, tried to get as much info on the bikes as possible as there are no stockists of these bikes in the uk, so i've purchased the F37 without even riding one. Hope it goes as well as it seems in your vids.🤔

Mattof37 said:
Thanks for the reply and info rix, seen a lot of your videos on YouTube, tried to get as much info on the bikes as possible as there are no stockists of these bikes in the uk, so i've purchased the F37 without even riding one. Hope it goes as well as it seems in your vids.🤔

The new F37s are quite a bit more refined then the one in my videos. Ironically, my F37 came with a RST R-One fork. It was awesome! I know RSTs have a bad rep, as the RST on my Bomber sucked bad. But the RST on my Fighter was awesome right up until I blew a seal and couldn't get any replacement parts for it. Thats when I went to the MRP Grove 180 which was one of the best forks I have ever ran box stock. The DNM fork your Fighter will have is a really nice and plush fork. Smooth through the stroke, no stiction, and very tough. As far as your battery goes, there should be some kind of serial number on the heat shrink wrap, you can contact Luke at Stealthtech support and he will confirm the battery's status. I am certain its the proper battery as I have never heard of a case where Stealth sent out the wrong-incorrect battery for one of their bikes. When you get your bike in and the battery installed, power up the DC1 and toggle to the second screen through the menu button. Leave it there while you charge your battery. You will be able to watch your volts during charging. The high volt cutoff should trip between 58.7 to 58.8 volts. For what its worth, I never got to test ride any of my Stealth bikes, Bomber, Fighter, P7 before purchasing. No regrets. If you like Mountain biking and riding motorcycles offroad, you will love your Fighter. Make and post a vid and some pics when you get yours in. Look forward to hearing/seeing them.

Thanks for the information, I've just tested the battery and it's showing 57.8 volts on the voltage tester so all Good, someone in Hong Kong must of labed it wrong.
Hopefully my bike will arrive on Tuesday 👍👍.
The bike looks awesome bit of kit in stock form, the only thing I was concerned about was the power on acceleration and hills etc, from what I have seen on your videos it looks like it performs well just alot wetter and muddy in the uk compared to your area.
I used to ride motocross but changed to mountain bikes hopefully this is something inbetween.

Thanks Matt

Mattof37 said:
Thanks for the information, I've just tested the battery and it's showing 57.8 volts on the voltage tester so all Good, someone in Hong Kong must of labed it wrong.
Hopefully my bike will arrive on Tuesday 👍👍.
The bike looks awesome bit of kit in stock form, the only thing I was concerned about was the power on acceleration and hills etc, from what I have seen on your videos it looks like it performs well just alot wetter and muddy in the uk compared to your area.
I used to ride motocross but changed to mountain bikes hopefully this is something inbetween.

Thanks Matt

I wonder if the battery labeling was for "shipping purposes"? Don't worry about power climbing hills, with pedal assist in low gear, you will run out of traction in the dirt before you stall it. Not sure if you seen this vid, but dad and I climbed about 1100 feet in about 1.5 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQu6Kwpu7A&t=26s

Yes I've seen this video some great places you got over there, your videos are probably the main reason I decided to get the fighter as you show what the bike is capable of especially around salt lake I think it was it looked fast so you must of been moving some as videos always looks slower, most videos are about the bomber not many on the fighter .
So thanks for the videos 👌👍👍

Mattof37 said:
Yes I've seen this video some great places you got over there, your videos are probably the main reason I decided to get the fighter as you show what the bike is capable of especially around salt lake I think it was it looked fast so you must of been moving some as videos always looks slower, most videos are about the bomber not many on the fighter .
So thanks for the videos 👌👍👍

Well thank you for the compliment.

Back