Kuberg Free Rider

u7xX4dl.jpg

curious about the swingarm pivot. does it have a bearing inside? it seems so small...

Hi,

I have made a sprocket adapter for the Freerider that allows you to fit go kart 219 pitch rear sprockets.
This allows you to change to gearing as required.

What do you think?

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Has anyone though of making a pedelec version of the freerider?

The frame looks like it could easily fit a bottom bracket with a secondary chain ring to the motor axis.
It could probably even fit the Pinion Gearbox ( http://pinion.eu/en/c-line/ ) Like they use on the Neumatic bike ( https://www.instagram.com/neematicbike/ )

That would expand the user target for the bike

This is what the freerider would look like with pedals, a larger front wheel and the pinion gearbox / secondary chain :)

y3m5knYmbxSCAGr_4bdOxZidF6sjiP7LMqOpJLocPtwqH2ZaxgNI4KoLIYgag1OHQqXHLCxqSj183kFly_XVSUm0uSaTbp7dI8J2MQyepCnfyqGrgRlhXz9MO0kQR5_yYTeJX0Z5J74Oi4J_RMPJ2oq-LS83bk46aq7rWNJq3nhzPc

I wonder why the few people who bought these never even talk about them or post any updates. I shoulda kept my order in just out of curiosity.

I feel like it would be a nice bike if modded for more speed and maybe increase the wheel size for us tall people.

Still this thread has been silent.

Why are the wheels so small? It looks like there is not enough room in the rear swingarm to increase the rim size. That is unfortunate

They should have made a 20" and a 24" version just like they offered 2k and 4k power

watching a 6ft rider ride this thing on youtube looks painful

Looks like the gentleman above who bought two of these is selling one on ebay right now for $3600 local pickup only.

You could easily make this a great bike. 26" tires fit the front forks and then extend the rear swing arm like you did with the Genesis. Ride at 72v with new controller, would be sweet.
Problem is at $5,000, do you really want to do all that? Maybe in a few years you can pick one up for cheap and make it right. I would love to be able to just buy the frame.

Ya but lets be honest why spend 3-4k on this when you can get the lmx frame kit for 2k(obviously the old model) But its still sick just weighs 20lbs

My genesis swingarm probably weights 7lbs alone its pretty beefy

Im curious as to why he is selling it on Ebay as a new bike instead of posting it on the forums here. Although posting something with local pickup only on Ebay is like asking to not sell something.

edit: just checked fleabay and I don't see it posted anymore...hmmm

It popped back up today for $3200 local pickup.

If he checks this thread he should send an interested party like myself a PM :)

and then take the wheels off put it in a box and ship it to me!

apparently Kelly knipe no longer works for Kuberg. I emailed them asking about replacement parts and they informed me of this.

Kuberg does offer 24 inch and even 26 inch tires for the Freerider. There are options on sprockets, controllers, battery size and even front forks.

elhartigus said:
Kuberg does offer 24 inch and even 26 inch tires for the Freerider. There are options on sprockets, controllers, battery size and even front forks.

one would need larger diameter wheels in order to fit larger diameter tires.. a larger diameter front wheel and tire would probably work/ fit since the kuberg freeride uses a standard downhill mountain bike front fork for 26" mtb wheels.. but in order to fit a larger diameter rear wheel, one would need to lengthen the rear swingarm or the tire would contact the rear shock mount.. also larger diameter wheels would raise the seat height..

Ya he sent me a pm about kuberg offering larger wheels...im curious if they designed a longer swingarm or he is talking about only the front??

Im actually attempting a 18” moto wheel on the rear of my custom kuberg, not sure if it will fit or not yet with the denzel tire. Tire is nice a lightweight too

I've been looking into this bike. The wheel option is a 24" front wheel - no larger rear wheel is offered. That would be enough for me, but I'm a little concerned about the 2" increase in seat height - this beast already looks like it's on stilts, with the long front fork...

LeftieBiker said:
I've been looking into this bike. The wheel option is a 24" front wheel - no larger rear wheel is offered. That would be enough for me, but I'm a little concerned about the 2" increase in seat height - this beast already looks like it's on stilts, with the long front fork...

increasing the diameter of the front wheel only will of course slacken the bikes head/ steering angle, so that will slow the handling a bit..

imo kuberg needs to go back to the drawing board with this bike since there are better bike options available now such as LMX, Sur ron, Mammoth, Mrazek, etc..

how tall are you? what is your inseam measurement compared to the seat height? how will you use the bike on road or off-road?? its common for off-road bikes to be tall for ground clearance and long travel suspension.. but a street use bike should be lower for aerodynamics, easy dismount and putting a foot down at traffic stops..

just in case kuberg is reading, I would recommend they redesign the freerider frame so that the battery fits within the bike main frame only and does not extend into the seat strut space (a more horizontal instead of vertical battery arrangement).. this would allow for seat height adjustment by offering different sizes of seat strut.. lowering the seat height and lengthening the rear swingarm would then allow for larger diameter wheels which would benefit the bikes rollover characteristics for better off road performance over rough terrain.. this would also make the bike more modular/ adjustable for different sized riders and uses (larger wheels and higher seat for taller riders, smaller wheels and lower seat for shorter riders or street use)..

I'm 5'9" and 183lbs, with a 31-32" inseam. Another ride my size seemed to fit the bike fine (because of suspension sag), but I don't want to have to climb on with a ladder.

LeftieBiker said:
I'm 5'9" and 183lbs, with a 31-32" inseam. Another rider my size seemed to fit the bike fine (because of suspension sag), but I don't want to have to climb on with a ladder.

static seat height is listed on their website at 34.5" so you may have to mount/ dismount like you would a pedal bicycle. at least it has a lowered top tube so you can dismount the seat without getting off the bike.. would be nice to test ride one before purchasing, any dealers near you?? unfortunately (for me at least) there is no easy way to lower the bike or seat without compromising the design or use..

No dealers close enough. For $4k I'll probably pass on it. There is a new "street" version of the bike, but it looks the same height.

LeftieBiker said:
No dealers close enough. For $4k I'll probably pass on it. There is a new "street" version of the bike, but it looks the same height.

have you looked into the new Sur ron "light bee" (firefly)?? similar really nice bike with a lot of features not found on the kuberg; its available for under $4K delivered.. sur ron light bee has aluminum frame, linkage rear suspension, jackshaft gearing reduction, quick swap battery 60volt 35amp hour, integrated front and rear lights, street legal version in the works.. really hard to beat for the price.. they seem to be selling like hot cakes so someone near you will probably have one soon for possible test ride..

Back