Kuberg Free Rider

I'm looking at the Light Bee now. Interesting!! The seat height, BTW, is hard to find but it's 31.88" which is near ideal. The Ca. dealer is also offering a $150 pedal kit for it, I assume to be able to pedal it home or maybe do some stealth (???) street riding.Thanks for the heads up. Here's a link to the US dealership:

https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/

LeftieBiker said:
I'm looking at the Light Bee now. Interesting!! The seat height, BTW, is hard to find but it's 31.88" which is near ideal. The Ca. dealer is also offering a $150 pedal kit for it, I assume to be able to pedal it home or maybe do some stealth (???) street riding.Thanks for the heads up. Here's a link to the US dealership:

https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/

the sur ron bike is really nice but their pedal option kit is complete junk imo, there is a video about the pedal kit function and installation on one of the sur ron threads.. (also we should probably move over to the sur ron threads to discuss it further so we can get back to kuberg freerider on this thread)..

Ya its right on thier website the 24” wheel for the front only, there has been a company doing that third party since kuberg was released, i took it a step further and extended the swingarm for 26” front tire and a 24” rear. I am really tall tho so the bike would be daunting for some of the shorter riders but i really enjoy it. As for the battery location i dont find it being that big of an issue. Everyone thinks they know whats right. But lets be honest almost no one on this forum even has this bike. They just judge it by the pictures online.

After watching a few videos of the Sur-Ron Light Bee climbing hill and bogging down with the loud high pitch cry...I figured I would show a quick video of how silent and easy this Kuberg climbs to the top of this 45 degree powerline to the highest point of my town. If you listen carefully you can hear police sirens at the bottom of the hill and you cannot hear my motor at all! The video doesn't do the hill justice until you see the view from the top!

[youtube]56PsLPbLbfg[/youtube]

SUR RON climb video below

Go to about 1 minute in this video and hear exactly what I am talking about, bike sounds like its not having the best time climbing...and he got a head start from the street
[youtube]8pDGmlU7EEo[/youtube]

SKeet - you running these packs? How many?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-high-capacity-6s-12000mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack.html

AMM118 said:
SKeet - you running these packs? How many?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-high-capacity-6s-12000mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack.html

Yes was only running three in the vid but now I have 6, they fit very nice

HK has the 4s 10ah multistars in the US warehouse with free shipping for $40 right now. That's a 20s 10ah pack for $200!!

I just got some. I guess I'll just keep dreaming of an 18650 pack. Every time I swear off Lipo they go on sale! :evil:

I'm slowly getting over the lipo. Too many dead cells and having to spend time charging. Bad cells are mostly from my neglect which is fine, but the time to charge isn't. Ultimately I think I'd come out ahead by sucking up the costs up front. I ride my fat bike that handles horribly much more than I should because it's always ready to go and I don't have to charge before I ride. Yeah, $200 is hard to beat though.

Go to about 1 minute in this video and hear exactly what I am talking about, bike sounds like its not having the best time climbing...and he got a head start from the street

Agree on a big head start from the street, but I don't hear much "struggling." I'd like to see him take a run right from the bottom of the hill. I do think that 40MPH gearing would be optimum for offroad riding and climbing, along with a better rear tire.

Does anyone know what the Freerider warranty is?

skeetab5780 said:
Warranty is a whopping 90 days long for the Freerider!

The preliminary info I have on the LB suggests a much better warranty, but I don't have that as a definite promise yet. BTW, the warranty on the $9k KTM dual purpose electric bike is a whopping 31 days...

You may want to reach out to kuberg direct depending on where you live in the world. If your not in USA you might have a better warranty

It possible to buy extended waranty directly from Kuberg for 199 USD and then you are covered for 9 months!
I think that is fairly decent considering the industry standard. :D

skeetab5780 said:
You may want to reach out to kuberg direct depending on where you live in the world. If your not in USA you might have a better warranty

elhartigus said:
Kuberg also do a 26 front 24 rear but then you need to change the swingarm. :D

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
AMM118 said:
[youtube]eI3TSfdX3F4[/youtube]

so then it is confirmed, larger diameter front wheel only available..

do you have a link, pics or video of the longer rear swingarm available from the manufacturer?? what is the static seat height with the longer swingarm and 24 rear, 26 front wheels?? :?:

I don't think they actually have a longer swingarm option, if they do its news to me.

they only have a front wheel option on the website, and a really expensive battery and controller
Yl1RIydD-sU1ljsmxrw2DgSQN8oshc6bjt66sadwffDpS7neNm1W8FpbBT0G1Nro_cCQmZ9hY1PlyCpLS7DHcP9iKqdkHu4ycU1l-NyNzk8DwkqAcTnZeHVhqJc1A8moPz87CE4P260UJuNiX6wMz6uSAnK0FdZIDUVceCW_fuFCS5xSdYFAozpxyLwSzXFGSGW46Kp463VHWfmdgNi438OZ5dsbmm7AoOu8QuamrNFErU4fBzB6rnmspGm0YvJ657Z3JF51ZcUYQXki0cBPiIbZoh1679DQFNOvQ1juyo2bZye471AhOkhYaVsdk3hPs4xjVXQjSByPR5aOUmtmpT56H-qQE3f9F8rywKZTe9VYbInb8ObZD8quR6t0mZJyeWh70CScuPXVnphU5ckeLMQPGUPa1bqIFHVycpR6SyJhIufB8naW5VaEDWRQhp6wNg1y-lh-ER0VNmDByKZOQy_cjSlHTtwD5CAx5YdMFtVocIPZ_d66NWZCnO3zGeY0sc-fY8qhZfvIVjgNAwhola56q_r3T4U94g1dSxN2l87bmBsSBKxA__ks0kE7OoMwPCpeBhN6xUgwCS1-aHyWJzrw7TowOy1jCLIumP4=w436-h775-no

skeetab5780 said:
I don't think they actually have a longer swingarm option, if they do its news to me.

they only have a front wheel option on the website, and a really expensive battery and controller
Yl1RIydD-sU1ljsmxrw2DgSQN8oshc6bjt66sadwffDpS7neNm1W8FpbBT0G1Nro_cCQmZ9hY1PlyCpLS7DHcP9iKqdkHu4ycU1l-NyNzk8DwkqAcTnZeHVhqJc1A8moPz87CE4P260UJuNiX6wMz6uSAnK0FdZIDUVceCW_fuFCS5xSdYFAozpxyLwSzXFGSGW46Kp463VHWfmdgNi438OZ5dsbmm7AoOu8QuamrNFErU4fBzB6rnmspGm0YvJ657Z3JF51ZcUYQXki0cBPiIbZoh1679DQFNOvQ1juyo2bZye471AhOkhYaVsdk3hPs4xjVXQjSByPR5aOUmtmpT56H-qQE3f9F8rywKZTe9VYbInb8ObZD8quR6t0mZJyeWh70CScuPXVnphU5ckeLMQPGUPa1bqIFHVycpR6SyJhIufB8naW5VaEDWRQhp6wNg1y-lh-ER0VNmDByKZOQy_cjSlHTtwD5CAx5YdMFtVocIPZ_d66NWZCnO3zGeY0sc-fY8qhZfvIVjgNAwhola56q_r3T4U94g1dSxN2l87bmBsSBKxA__ks0kE7OoMwPCpeBhN6xUgwCS1-aHyWJzrw7TowOy1jCLIumP4=w436-h775-no

Kuberg offers it but its new for 2018. Still not in the US at this point. I will get some pictures.

elhartigus said:
skeetab5780 said:

Kuberg offers it but its new for 2018. Still not in the US at this point. I will get some pictures.

oh excellent, I wonder where they got the idea from! Please post pics when you get them

edit: you would think the Kuberg website could post a picture of it...or maybe the entire bike, But no

skeetab5780 said:
elhartigus said:
skeetab5780 said:

oh excellent, I wonder where they got the idea from! Please post pics when you get them

edit: you would think the Kuberg website could post a picture of it...or maybe the entire bike, But no
[/quote

Better to post pictures when the things are in the country instead of seeing pictures and pre-order options to buy and reserve and then wait for a couple of months.

Better to post pictures when the things are in the country instead of seeing pictures and pre-order options to buy and reserve and then wait for a couple of months.

Unless of course you want to preorder one with an option that isn't pictured! I don't understand why a bike that looks like it's meant for teens is only configured for those taller than 5'10" or so, with the wheel options all raising the seat height. Why not a shorter fork with 24" wheel for trail riding? I've never previously thought of myself at 5'9" as "too short for a mini-cycle"!

LeftieBiker said:

Unless of course you want to preorder one with an option that isn't pictured! I don't understand why a bike that looks like it's meant for teens is only configured for those taller than 5'10" or so, with the wheel options all raising the seat height. Why not a shorter fork with 24" wheel for trail riding? I've never previously thought of myself at 5'9" as "too short for a mini-cycle"!

You can get the Freerider as XS - RST fork that is shorter :). Then you can add a 24 wheel or keep the 20. :D

You can get the Freerider as XS - RST fork that is shorter :). Then you can add a 24 wheel or keep the 20. :D

What does XS mean? The street version? No, I'd want the trail version, as the US won't allow the street version to be registered here.

LeftieBiker said:

What does XS mean? The street version? No, I'd want the trail version, as the US won't allow the street version to be registered here.

XS is a smaller version of the Freerider / Its because you get it with an RST fork instead of Manitou and the bike will be lower.
Freerider STreet will not be in the US until late summer I think.

elhartigus said:
skeetab5780 said:
elhartigus said:
skeetab5780 said:

[/quote

Check Kuberg Inc on Facebook. Running a campaign there with the options we are discussing right now...
20-20, 24-20 and 26/24

Back