Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAND214 said:
One more thing would be nice is to see this mansion that you have finished. PICTURES, PICTURES!

Dan

What, you want to see my shack painted sky blue?

I thought about another thing...

shorting falling stocks using this guy's method.

Trading volume up, small shares float ( less shares = more volatile), stock is going down... as a result of bad news...

SHORT!

Falling begets more falling as stockholders panic sell over time as the news spread.

I'd say, falling tends to gather momentum MUCH FASTER than rising does. Fear and panic definitely spreads faster than optimism. Just think about the general market, it builds over 7-9 years usually, then crashes in 1-2 years. Things crash a lot faster than they build.

Then margin requirements means you can double your wins.

This guys method seems like it'd be GREAT for shorting opportunities.

And plenty of those in a bear market, eh.

Here's my temp shack. Plan on staying in it for two months while building my house on the new land I'm buying.

I would stain the bottom floor frame deep mahogany red if I planned on putting more money into it.

GEDC1249.JPG

There's this house that this "construction force" business owns in this town, and it looks really nice.

These guys definitely have experience with construction, you can definitely see it in how they built their house, definitely looks nicer than most of the plain jane houses around here.

I wonder what secrets I can steal from those guys... lol...

Because that's what I want my house to look like, real nice. Just as I want the front lawn to be nice and neatly trimmed as well as the front landscaping to be excellent. I essentially want to impress my neighbors, lol. Well, I just want something that looks cute and impressive. Building something impressive in this area would get lost on the neighborhood, bunch of craptasticness everywhere.

If I have any free money in a year (Which, seems like I should), I think I'm going to be targeting the NASDAQ stocks to buy. The nasdaq seems to mirror the DOW crashes, it's just that the nasdaq seems to have a multiplier over the DOW in most booms as of the last 30 years, which is unsurprising considering how technology has taken center stage since the 90s.

Then when I feel like using that guy's "Buying daytrading techniques", I'd prefer to do that probably in 3 years or so. I'd convert my nasdaq stocks over as my daytrading experience and requirements demands.

Right now I just get to relish all these market opportunities I get to miss out on because I'm a poor millennial wrapping all my money into housing for the privilege of joining the 20%. It looks like I should have plenty savings left over when the house gets finished, but I don't know how much just yet. I'd rather keep that cash intact while waiting for stock buying opportunities after the crash concludes.

Then, I'll determine the best times to cash out of the market as real estate opportunities make themselves known. Want to be building rental properties or opportunities longterm. Seems like the possible dividends on housing far exceeds stock opportunities.

Let's say $7000/year rent with a $30,000 property investment. (I think I can actually get that down to $20,000-$25,000 in the right locations.)

That's a ROI of 23%.

Compared to stock dividends of like 5% MAX, that's killer.

Goldman sachs believes bitcoin will trade to 0 eventually.

It seems believable.

It looks like speculative money started hitting bitcoin at around $2000 back in june, so I suspect it'll fall back down to "around there" sometime. Looking at the chart, looks like probably in a couple of months. Right now it's at $7600, so if it could be shorted, it'd be a great opportunity.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/short-bitcoin/

Hmmm....

stay in the shack until summer... sixtuple my money.....

This is really tempting...

Now I'm not really sure if this can be shorted in paper dollars like regular stock...

BitMex seems to work purely in bitcoin. Like, you short and long bitcoin using bitcoin. Going short on bitcoin doesn't seem like it matters if it's in sold/bought for bitcoin, because the value of bitcoin is less when converting to USD.

Looks like I'd be looking at "sell contracts" to short bitcoin.

And the website for it, orderbook.net, doesn't seem like it's loading.

Hmmm... these seem to be fly-by-night sites I'm seeing here...

This looks really shady...

While this might not appeal to all investors, those interested in buying and selling actual bitcoin could short-sell the currency directly. Sell off tokens at a price that you are comfortable with, wait until the price drops, and then buy tokens again. Of course, if the price does not adjust as you expect, you could also either lose money or lose bitcoin assets in the process.

But you just get more bitcoin.... I want more USD... lol

This also supposes you already have some bitcoin you want to "short sell".

I think maybe...

I'm going to create a stock scanner to scan for bubbles...

Now where do I get a feed of stock symbols and price data?

I don't know how many bubbles I'd expect to identify a year, but I'd guess maybe one or two.

People are all like "Oh, this is just a correction, it's normal after a runup.".

Hah, like I said... clueless optimism... usually precedes a stampeding herd and subsequent crash...

Like a bunch of lemmings running towards a cliff edge.

"Everything's fine" the lemming said shortly before running off the cliff to its death as it follows the herd.

When the dotcom bubble went down 10% in 2000, I wonder how many people were saying "It's just a correction". lol

See, these people are basing their stock movement predictions on some kind of shortsighted technical analysis...

Me, I see HERD PSYCHOLOGY and put it within the context of LONGTERM TRENDS, this gives much greater predictive power.

When I see massive stock drops on a single day, that tells me BIG WIG investors dropped it. (This often looks like one really long steep slide downwards as the institutional investors unloaded a billion plus shares all at once.)

When BIG WIG investors pull out is when the peak is marked, because then everybody else soon/eventually follows.

This is how BIG WIG investors remain the filthy rich fudgers they are. They do it first, before everyone else eventually follows.

With THEIR money out of the market, the price never reaches peak again... which then startles some investors... it's not going back up like a normal correction... SO THEY PULL OUT TOO.

Which then starts the crash, as panic emanates throughout the herd.

So rule number one, watch the big wig investors. When they pull their money out in large quantities, RUN!!!

(Also, there's a very characteristic curve to the peak of a bubble, the second derivative is usually positive. Meaning, the slope of the price curve is increasing right before it peaks. Almost always there.)

Hmmm...

You know...

I started thinking about that whole "Girls are thieves" kind of thing...

I just realized something...

I have some firsthand experience with that...

Girls at the mexican grocery for example.

Whenever I added more to the order, they jacked the price up hoping I wouldn't notice.

Happened more than once.

How would that translate in a girlfriend relationship... trying to take your money...

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/Men----Here-s-how-to-tell-she-just-wants-your-money_13423774

Basically, always asking for money for ANY REASON.

You know you're not the cutest, you have a mirror, dang it, plus you've been blessed with the personality of cheese. But she looks like Halle Berry, with a body to match, and she agreed to date you. It's not true love. Love isn't blind. It's what's in your wallet.

Lol, sounds like STEVE! Oh jeez, personality of cheese, lol... sounds like him.

I personally find him interesting because he's financially minded, had good financial strategies of his own, and generally knowledgeable.

But personality of cheese... lol...

Sounds right.

And his past 3 wifes, I would assume, were all using him, lol.

Grumbled about his family kicking him out of the house at 50 years old...

lol...

Oh jeez...

I found it humorously disappointing he even had that expectation at that age, lol. I'm kind of thinking... "Wow, this guy is kind of a loser, isn't he?", lol.

See, there's "losers"....

then REAL losers...

low expectations that are far below society's "normal" expectations.

In light of that, I guess that makes me REAL winner. My expectations are a little higher than millennials normal expectations. Not necessarily a "winner", lol. What's the opposite of "loser"? Cool? Steve talks highly of "being cool". I told him it was overrated, much more important things to focus on than being "cool". Like money and women, lol.

You know you're not the cutest, you have a mirror, dang it, plus you've been blessed with the personality of cheese. But she looks like Halle Berry, with a body to match, and she agreed to date you. It's not true love. Love isn't blind. It's what's in your wallet.

Also, seems to apply to the HEB chick. Her striptease performance started soon after inferring you had a "good job". Not hard to see why... her job wasn't particularly high paying...

BUT... that was true love. The eye lock made it so.

Probably still would've been fishing for money and "losing" valuable possessions. I'm not saying all "hoes looking for a place" are like that, but that seems to be a clear trend. They looking for money.

https://www.quora.com/My-girlfriend-doesnt-want-to-have-sex-with-me-but-shes-always-asking-me-for-money-Am-I-being-played

But feminists say
You - They don’t pay my bills and give you money do they? Now get!
Her - Ooh erm, I so love you. Let’s frock right now. You so got me turned on. Where have you been hiding all that, OMG, I can feel my panties wet!

Oh, wow... lol... that seems so analogous with the HEB chick...

*She pisses me off by maintaining her distance, leading to think she's disinterested and been manipulating me*....
*backs away from her and angrily yells at her* "Get the hell away from me!"
*she lounges forward and begs for me to take her back, which I eventually do, and she acts like she REALLY wants to frock* lol

Yeah, threaten to reject or kick those girls out when they're making you angry... suddenly they want to suck some dick, lol.

Going to see if I can short GBTC.

Complete the Ally and SureTrader account applications tomorrow, and apply for margin.

https://www.drglover.com/blog/x_post/why-you-should-run-from-a-seductive-woman-00036.html

He's saying avoid the aggressive, seductive girls like the plague. They believe they need sexuality to get a guy to like them.

He describes them as "She doesn’t try to "seduce" you, i.e., act overtly sexual, expose herself, or act aggressively."

Acting overtly sexual and acting aggressively...

Like taking on suggestive poses and holding them...

Which made me bite my hand...

Hmmm...

That seems to be my impression of the heb chick, she seemed to act like she was widely disliked. And aggressive and seductive... yes... I definitely noticed her aggression LIKE SHE WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING.

And, personally, she didn't really need sexuality. Her voice and personality was doing a fine job on its own.

She had brown frizzy hair just like mine, unlike so many other girls. That was a surefire sign she was my soulmate.

He says they're 'insecure chicks' that only are to be used otherwise you get badly wounded getting involved in their emotional wreckage.

He talks about their "exes"...

Hmmm....

Makes me think "Slut who specializes in the art of the short term fling"...

Short term summer fling.

Which I had no problem with, lol.

She acted like she had no problem with me "using her", she seemed to be looking forward to it.

Newsflash for this guy, this girl liked hot passionate affairs. The stuff soap operas are made of.

And I'm willing to bet she saw...

18qj496rjlw9ljpg.jpg

In actually, if we're on the topic of insecurity...

what if the house I had improved her security...

And any threats to that security made her want to suck my dick...

The only reason why she'd end that is because she found better opportunity elsewhere (could happen) or another love interest. Could happen. But, if all she was really looking for was material and physical security like I suspect, I don't think she'd give that up so readily.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. (It's better to keep what you have than to risk losing it all to gain more.)

Then again...

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Imagine if I were still in the navy, I wouldn't be living life like I am. So much better in the civilian world, yes sirree.

-----------------

They may initially come on hot, but they usually turn cold just as quickly. They typically have difficulty being honest and faithful (and the more they claim to be, the less I believe them), because they need constant validation from various men. You will often notice that they still have one or more ex’s in the loop.

You're talking about a whore. I also had that suspicion of the HEB chick.

I also wondered that, if that affection (warmth) would turn off. Had suspicion she was pretending as almost every gal doesn't have that kind of affection, so makes me think it's not normal everyday behavior she would keep up long term.

That affection seems to be sexually arousing...

Pretend shorting GBTC at 14.34.

Intend to hold this short for a couple of months.

I'm just pretending for now, really should keep the cash for the new property. After I actually get a house and second vehicle acquired, then all capital past that, minus a few thousand for the pool and such, will be free to do with as I wish, like stock betting.

If I were to have shorted GBTC, it would've been better to have kept track of it and entered a short at around 30.

I figure I'll get more serious about stock betting when I actually have free capital to bet with. I'm sure I'll be writing stock scanners like that one guy who made some good money with his custom scanners. I think I'll be specializing in finding shorting opportunities, although I could go either way.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/17a9d02e-1f1c-3c13-b6b4-6ddb09813d08/ss_10-housing-reits-to-buy-for.html

Home ownership once was the dream of every American, but attitudes have shifted since the 2008 housing market crash, particularly among young adults. The change may be the result of steadily increasing home prices, accompanied by wage growth that hasn’t kept pace with inflation. [ALONG WITH MOUNTAINOUS STUDENT DEBT - my statement.]

With it becoming out of reach for so many young adults, au contraire, the "American dream" has become even MORE of a dream. Almost a pipe dream, even.

Kind of wondered if gains are weighted more than the losses... which is why ETF inverses are a bad idea as the daily percentages compounded...

Are multiplying ETFs a GREAT IDEA? Because the gains are weighted more than the losses...

Let's see if we can track a triple DOW etf from 2009 to early 2018.

can't find one, but I did find an S&P500, a close analog.

UPRO, 3x S&P 500 bull.

sandp5003timesbull.jpg

Wow, a rise from 7.19 in 2009 to 172 in jan 2018.

A rise of 172/7.19 = 23.92x

How much did the S&P rise over that same time period?

683 to 2872.

A rise of 2872/683 = 4.2x

If we triple the gains, with no weighting of the daily gains over daily losses, we'd expect a rise of 12.4x.

INSTEAD, with the daily gains weighted more than the daily losses, we have an actual increase of 23.92x.

IN OTHER WORDS, MULTIPLYING ETFS ARE A GREAT LONGTERM STRATEGY!!!

Okay, my wholehearted recommendation...

when the NASDAQ crashes and reaches somewhere around 3000, probably down to 2200-2500, LOAD UP ON THE TRIPLE NASDAQ ETFS and plan to hold for 7 years or so.

I don't want to check out their performance over the last 9 years, I'll probably explode from disbelief about the opportunities I'm just now understanding that I was missing the entire time. :roll:

Damn... does this mean I can potentially become one rich mofo over my lifespan off the stock market?

This whole insight in this point came off the time I took to understand why inverse multiplying ETFs are bad to hold longterm... daily gains have more weighting than the daily losses... this also conversely means regular multiplying ETFs are GREAT to hold longterm...

Thought more about that "girls want some guy with money" reason...

I thought about more...

Me and someone thought it was because of the potential children that could happen...

But... then I thought about it more....

And these hoes spending money frivously... to indulge mainly in their wants... (clothes, fine dining, etc.)

And that make any sense? How the hell is that spending/saving any money "for the children"...

So... new theory...

These "10 girls" who think they are worth something, but can't find it on the job market because of the economy, time of the year, etc....

Figure, "Can't find a high paying job, then find some rich guy whose money I can take, they definitely want my 10 body, I know this from LOTS of life experience"...

So that's what they do so they fund their extravagance lifestyle they "deserve" (10s and all) and do luxury spending to indulge themselves and to impress friends/acquantitive/family/peers/etc. for the social status points to match their 10ness.

So, NO, not because "Of the children", because they are think they are entitled with their 10 body, and some sucker is going to pay for it if they can't earn the money themselves.

Yep, my theory about what's REALLY happening. Entitled little bitches who will take your money using the only asset they can barter with. Not unlike entitled little thieves...

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:
What, you want to see my shack painted sky blue?
YEP!

Dan, you got succored. He found the picture he needed and tricked you into wanting it.

Meanwhile, we need an explanation for how someone lives in a shack around Houston but builds a house on a farm in Kentucky.

And still, all the talk I'm hearing about stock is fantasy. 'The idea is to buy them while they're low and sell them after they've gone up a lot. It's all in knowing how to pick them.' And how does one actually DO that? (...........) Why, is that the WND through the ears I hear?

For all the talk about herd mentality, I'm hearing herd mentality about women. If MOST of them are wrong for you, then ignore most of them. I only needed one that didn't do drugs or crazy things, the fact that so many do was merely a reason to avoid them and there was nothing else to consider on that. Get it?

Dauntless said:
For all the talk about herd mentality, I'm hearing herd mentality about women. If MOST of them are wrong for you, then ignore most of them. I only needed one that didn't do drugs or crazy things, the fact that so many do was merely a reason to avoid them and there was nothing else to consider on that. Get it?

That's right, keep looking for that special someone, don't give a damn about the "special many". It's a good skill to brush off the "many" regardless of the way they react, positively, negatively, etc.; don't take it too personally, they're just not right for you.

So I agree.

Not looking right now. If I were, I'd be a little bit more aggressive with it.

Dauntless said:
And still, all the talk I'm hearing about stock is fantasy. 'The idea is to buy them while they're low and sell them after they've gone up a lot. It's all in knowing how to pick them.' And how does one actually DO that? (...........) Why, is that the WND through the ears I hear?

It's best to buy cyclical stock after it crashes.

How do you know it's bottomed out...

Hmmm....

That's an open question.

in 2009, it should've been obvious with the commencement of the Fed QEs. Other crashes... I don't think there was an obvious demarcator, but there might've been /some/ kind of demarcator.

I'm guessing on market bottoms of the DJIA/NASDAQ by extrapolating past boom/bust trends. I figure the trough should've go up nearly as much as the peak, factor wise, compared to the previous crash(es).

It seems like the market post-crashes takes a long time to build momentum, so buying in 2 years after the peak of the crash seems like a pretty safe bet.

Trust builds slowly, but it's lost very fast.

Isaac asimov had an interesting field of study in his books...

Psychohistory.

The application of statistics to groups of people to determine herd direction/behavior.

Seems like it'd be VERY APPLICABLE to the stock market.

I figure observation of an antelope herd with the invasion of crocodiles as they're feeding at the pond should give us enough insight.

At first they look around, not sure if there's danger, but they vacillate so in their regard... not unlike the current market...

Once the danger is clear... they ruuuunnnnn.... and the market crashes.

All the hotties are looking my way, lol.

Got the feeling like I'm going to RICH longterm and...

bam...

Female attention, especially so from the hotties.
lol...

What are they called again? Barnacles? Attached to the ship along for the ride...

Saw one gal with the frizzy brown hair and the "sort of wild eyes" much like the HEB chick...

wtf...

Why does that type /specifically/ get my blood pumping?

Is that the mark of closet whores,or are those types essentially just like me? They would seem to be, appearance wise. Seems presumptive to assume anything really deeper but based on the HEB chick situation... lol... I got good feelings about it, lol.

Yeah, this is so much better than the navy, lol.

Guarantee wouldn't have this kind of market insight if I didn't have all this free time to research.

And 5 hours of sleep a day and 16 hours of work a day...

Wouldn't have the cognitive capacity anyways...

Dauntless said:
I only needed one that didn't do drugs or crazy things, the fact that so many do was merely a reason to avoid them and there was nothing else to consider on that. Get it?

Chicks "doing drugs or crazy things"... my read... EASY GIRLS. Gives in easily to sensual temptations. Why you avoid those girls, I dunno...

Jeez, I have a half fantasy of finding myself a hot "crack whore" and supplying her the drugs for unfettered pvssy access. Trading ones pleasure for another's.

I kind of had the fantasy the HEB chick was such a gal... lol...

Don't BET ON IT HERE, THOUGH. BIBLE BELT HOUSTON.

Very much a "bible and family" town...

Find it interesting none of the young people don't seem to know where the clubs are...

Makes me suspect they don't exist...

Seems like all the youngins just resign to the fact this is a very boring city... lol...

wtf...

Was told I'd like Austin.

YEAH, GETTING RAPED IN THE ASS WITH PERMIT FEES, "TAP FEES" AND OUTRAGEOUS LAND PRICES would really make me love austin! lol.

NOT!!!

Easy girls...

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-reasons-easy-girls-have-ruined-rest

If you’ve ever seen a desperate girl in action, you will see her being overly flirtatious. I mean, the point of no return flirtatious. C’mon, give us reserved girls a chance to show one of our newest pickup lines.

This really doesn’t need any explaining. Their clothes barely cover their bodies and they walk around with everything hanging out -- not cute.

Guys just find the communication so much easier. I wonder why -- they’re just pretty straightforward.

Yep, sounds like the HEB chick! Pretty straightforward and "overly flirtatious" would definitely be right.

It's funny, seems like girls are NOT flirtatious at all then BAM... easy girl... overly flirtatious slut GO!!!

There's no flirtation continuum here in Houston. Either you're a prude, or similar (In terms of flirtatiousness), or a straight up slut.

[Well... I take that back... girls will nervous laugh and the such... not the heb chick. Not nervous. Not fake laughing. Pretty spontaneously flirtatiously genuine, I think... she did have an agenda,I believe...]

https://thoughtcatalog.com/kate-bailey/2014/06/16-unconventional-signs-youve-found-your-soulmate/

Spotting a soulmate...

Often the meeting is too intense to absorb immediately, and you have to separate for a while.

Too intense... damn... I LOVED THE INTENSITY. How many times in my life can I count that kind of intensity? NONE. Did she have to separate? lol. Maybe she was like the flock of seagulls guy... ran so far away....ran all night and day...

the ones who have changed us just by their presence in our lives overhauling everything we thought we knew and wanted

Yep. The laidback easy going cally chick on the beach shack... lol.... I definitely did not KNOW what kind of girl I was REALLY looking for.

I can always tell they’re going to be someone to me upon first meeting because they instantly remind me of my mom or dad or sibling

Yep, reminded me of my mother. In terms of hair color and frizziness. Brown and frizzy.

You may not have “just known” they were the one the moment you saw them, but in retrospect, you realize you did.

Yep, the only thought I had first seeing her was "She reminded me of myself", which is something I can't say for most anyone.

You recognize something when you look in their eyes and it’s basically undefinable but you don’t see it in anybody else.

What... the dramatic "sexual pairbond" creating moment with the bedroom eyes? lol. I can't seem to recreate it with just anyone, feel pretty much nothing.

Meeting them made you realize that romantic love — especially between soul mates — is so much more than just a fleeting, physical feeling. It’s really more of an inner, gut knowing that permeates your whole relationship, even when (and maybe especially when) you’re apart.

Yep, deep and overwhelming, definitely not a "feeling hot" ALONE.

They’re your “home.” You realize that “home” is the person or place you always want to return to, and they’re it for you.

You mean feeling comfortable? Oh yes.

People make the point of "Exit when volatility crops up"...

Interesting idea.

Let's say we snap back to 2016, where it just meandered around that level for a year.

If we exited as soon as the correction happened...

and we entered once the volatility died down a year later (If there was going to be a massive stock drop, it would've happened more than likely within that year)...

We'd pretty much enter and exit at the same price, plus or minus a few.

So, no real disadvantage to that method in that situation, while also sparing us the risk of a major market crash, while also allowing us to continue riding the wave up later.

I'm willing to bet....

General upwards trends and high volatility are VERY RARE combinations.

When the marketplace is uncertain, generally there's nothing propelling it up, as newcomers stay to the sidelines and no new money enters.

This is why this approach works. Avoiding high volatility periods practically guarantees you're not missing out on major growth, while also sparing one of the crash risks associated with high volatility periods.

The only exception to that might be 1998.

High volatility, yet the tech bubble still had 2 years to go.

In that case, I'd say keep a good feel on the market. Widespread optimism about dotcom mania suggests it had a little more to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back