kt controller wire loop question

Tolkano

100 W
So on my kt controller and probably alot of controllers out there some wires like cruise/electric lock have an extra connector on the end which loops back into itself

Is the point of the looped connector just to protect the ends of the female connector so no water gets in there? Will cruise still function if i just cut it all off?

Just asking because obviously i want to tidy/streamline as much of the wiring and connectors as possible

I have 2 bikes with 2017 model KT controllers. 1 is a 45amp sinewave and the other a 25amp Square wave, but neither came with a female socket with a male jumper plug inserted. On my installation, I had to cut into one of the 5 wires to my KT LCD6 display, to fit an ignition switch.
On your set up, if it's a red wire, I would think it is ready to connect to an on/off "Ignition" switch. If you disconnect the plug, and you have no power to the throttle and response from the motor, that will be your answer.

Johne-bike said:
I have 2 bikes with 2017 model KT controllers. 1 is a 45amp sinewave and the other a 25amp Square wave, but neither came with a female socket with a male jumper plug inserted. On my installation, I had to cut into one of the 5 wires to my KT LCD6 display, to fit an ignition switch.
On your set up, if it's a red wire, I would think it is ready to connect to an on/off "Ignition" switch. If you disconnect the plug, and you have no power to the throttle and response from the motor, that will be your answer.

The connectors with the loop on them are cruise and electric lock, i attached a diagram i made for my controller to help me when im wiring it up

Attachments

• my controller.png
    my controller.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,679
It's amazing to see how much variation there is in KT controllers wiring harnesses. It must be the way the vendor specifies them when they order from KT Kunteng.

My 45amp sinewave was ordered as part of a complete kit with KT-D12L PAS sensor, KT LCD6 display and Mxus 3000w Hubmotor. My controller has no separate wiring provision for electric lock or ignition.. I had to cut into one of the 5 Lcd wires to connect up an ignition switch. And the cruise control is enabled from the LCD6 3 button controller, with no wiring harness to enable or disable it with a jumper plug.

In addition, niether of my KT controllers came with a wiring harness for powering lights, despite the KT displays on both bikes having the ability to turn on lights along with the display illumination!

The 25amp KT Square wave controller on my Daughter's Fatbike was from a different supplier, but configured exactly the same!

Your KT Controller wiring gives you much more configurable options.

Johne-bike said:
It's amazing to see how much variation there is in KT controllers wiring harnesses. It must be the way the vendor specifies them when they order from KT Kunteng.

My 45amp sinewave was ordered as part of a complete kit with KT-D12L PAS sensor, KT LCD6 display and Mxus 3000w Hubmotor. My controller has no separate wiring provision for electric lock or ignition.. I had to cut into one of the 5 Lcd wires to connect up an ignition switch. And the cruise control is enabled from the LCD6 3 button controller, with no wiring harness to enable or disable it with a jumper plug.

In addition, niether of my KT controllers came with a wiring harness for powering lights, despite the KT displays on both bikes having the ability to turn on lights along with the display illumination!

The 25amp KT Square wave controller on my Daughter's Fatbike was from a different supplier, but configured exactly the same!

Your KT Controller wiring gives you much more configurable options.

Thanks i got mine from conhismotor on ebay, i have to think their wiring loom is pretty good after reading that

Is that PAS sensor a lot better than the cheaper 10 pole version they sell?

On my Fatbike, there is no room on the right, gear side of the crankset to fit a PAS magnetic disc wheel

Luckily, KT make a specific Left Hand version, the KT-D12L which fits perfectly onto my cranks, and with room to mount the sensor easily. It is even split into two half sections, secured together with a large steel C clip, so it's possible to fit to the axle, without even removing a crank arm.

It does also perform very well, and only requires a very small rotation of the crank to fire up the PAS.

tmp-cam--432769977.jpg

My KT controller has the wire loop as well I read about it being used to enable cruise so tried it out. When you unplug it cruise does not happen automatically instead to engage cruise it requires you to press down on displays down button.

I use it with the wire in so cruise will happen after a steady 7 second throttle period. To disengage you use a blip of the throttle or brake cut off.

Back